New Sonic Rush Scan from Nintendo Dream ·

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Damn. I said be less emotional, SegaSonic. LESS emotional. Going emo is in the opposite direction. Self-pity lost its appeal in the...uh... Actually, I don't think it ever had any appeal.

CM August

Post by CM August »

... So how about that Sonic Rush game, eh.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I'm seeing Nintendo DS emulators already well under way. I'm admittedly a little surprised them folks what make 'em would whip them up so fast.

The future of my illegal habits of theft and downloading seem assured. Related to that is the rumour that there's already been a Sonic Rush beta ROM leaked, pretty much like what happened with Sonic Advance 3. Not sure if there's any truth to the rumour, though.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I'm thinking that Rush looks pretty promising now. The level designs seem quite good, the music seems very awesome. I might have to get a DS just to get the game.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

Sonic Rush has eclipsed Shadow as to the point that if I can't afford both on release Rush is priority.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I've been counting down the days until Rush for a while now, I'm fairly hyped, though I've got a funny feeling I'm going to end up massively disappointed, again.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I don't own a DS, so I'm counting on you guys to break my heart for me.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

The Advance games have always looked average. Even if Rush doesn't turn out to be the best 2D Sonic game of all time I think it's safe to say at least it'll be better than them.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Owen Axel wrote:Damn. I said be less emotional, SegaSonic. LESS emotional. Going emo is in the opposite direction. Self-pity lost its appeal in the...uh... Actually, I don't think it ever had any appeal.
Ok I gotcha! :wink: I just have mood swings and issues and such, Im crazy. But hey! this is GHZ!

----------------------

Advance 3 had good speed with exploring..which was the combo that made the old games so good! But the old games still had many things that the new ones need to fix.

For example, the badniks.. they were placed on strategic locations in the old sonic games, in locations that they posed a threat but at the same time they didnt require much thought to destroy.

on the other hand the badniks on advance 2 and 3 (not sure about 1) were annoying and placed on areas that would bust your ass. not to mention those Damned bottomless pits.

When Heroes came, Everything changed. Now we are stuck with those lame looking retarded Eggpawns for both Sonic Rush and Shadow..They better Die in one hit in Rush..If Not..there will be hell to pay. ( dont want to remember heroes)

Fortunately, the Bots on Sonic NEXT GEN..look more Sleek and tight...although Sonic was better off fighting Kickass Insect-bots and such..instead of gundam rejects.

I hope those bots are used rarely in the new game and not as common as those Pests the Eggpawns. BRING BACK THE INSECT/ANIMAL-TYPE Badniks SONICTEAM!! ok, I finished my silly assed rant.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Mood swings...

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

BEHOLD!

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I think the thing with the Advance series is that there's so many little problems combined together, that it's hard to actually put your finger on one main error that really caused the games to fall short of being anywhere close to the quality of the Genesis/Megadrive titles. Visual style, level design, stage themes, character sprites, music, sound effects, boss battles and so on, all seem to be lacking somewhat in comparison to the older titles in my opinion, but I can't figure out if there's really one specific one that kills it for me.

Nova

Post by Nova »

James McGeachie wrote:I think the thing with the Advance series is that there's so many little problems combined together, that it's hard to actually put your finger on one main error that really caused the games to fall short of being anywhere close to the quality of the Genesis/Megadrive titles. Visual style, level design, stage themes, character sprites, music, sound effects, boss battles and so on, all seem to be lacking somewhat in comparison to the older titles in my opinion, but I can't figure out if there's really one specific one that kills it for me.
Anyone please give me a good reason that explains why Naka leaving Sega and Sonic downfall aren’t related.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Naoto Oshima Leaving SEGA is the reason.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Nova wrote:
James McGeachie wrote:I think the thing with the Advance series is that there's so many little problems combined together, that it's hard to actually put your finger on one main error that really caused the games to fall short of being anywhere close to the quality of the Genesis/Megadrive titles. Visual style, level design, stage themes, character sprites, music, sound effects, boss battles and so on, all seem to be lacking somewhat in comparison to the older titles in my opinion, but I can't figure out if there's really one specific one that kills it for me.
Anyone please give me a good reason that explains why Naka leaving Sega and Sonic downfall aren’t related.
Naka didn't leave.

Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all night!

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Encore! Encore! E-S-R-E-V-E-R!

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

SegaSonic wrote:Naoto Oshima Leaving SEGA is the reason.
I call bullshit on that. Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles had absolutely zero input from Ohshima, and they were arguably the high point of the series.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

What about CD? that game had zero input from Naka.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

You miss the point like a kid at fat camp misses cake.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

If you've got to pin it on one man's departure, I think Yasuhara would be the most appropriate choice. After all, what's the number one thing we all complain about in the post-Genesis Sonic titles?

CM August

Post by CM August »

Yasuhara gets no love.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Well, unlike Naka and Ohshima, Yasuhara is doing pretty good on his own.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

It's just tricky to figure out if he's still "got it," though. Since he's not the only person doing level design in the Jak games, it's hard to know what you can credit/blame him for!

But man, didn't he basically design the layouts for every single level in the four main Sonic titles? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he drew them all out by hand on grid paper. That's pretty hardcore!

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Hold up, is Yuji Naka still programming the Sonic games? What role does Ohshima exactly have in Artoon? I am not precise if Yuji Naka is still the programmer for the Sonic games. Ever since the post-Genesis era, Yuji Naka's title has always been producer, as opposed to programmer of course. As for Ohshima, is he still a character designer or something else, because Blinx looks not a thing like Ohshima's previous characters. Then again, Uekawa's design for the Sonic cast has no resemblance to his Ristar-esque finesse either.
Last edited by Professor Machenstein on Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

True! He Drew the whole level on paper and Made it a hell easier for the game designers!!