New Sonic Rush Scan from Nintendo Dream ·

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Rlan
News Guy

New Sonic Rush Scan from Nintendo Dream ·

Post by Rlan »

New Sonic Rush Scan
:FJ: Japanese magazine Nintendo Dream gives new images

Although not ALL new, Japanese Magazine Nintendo Dream's November 2005 issue has a new one page print out of Sonic Rush. It describes the special stage, and a new boss.

Scan is here:

Big thanks to neo2046 from Gaming-Age.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

There's a Japanese Sonic Rush advert here. Pretty short but it shows a few previously unseen levels and hang gliding.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

hang gliding
Bad memories.

CM August

Post by CM August »

This game repeatedly fails to interest me.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I notice they're not showing Blaze doing well, anything - which makes me suspect that she won't be practically different from Sonic in anyway, and will only get flaming animations while she runs to differentiate between them.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

She'll have slightly different routs through the levels... much like Team Sonic had a slightly different route through levels as Team Dark.

From what of the game I've seen so far I like it. If they can keep you moving forwards and not stop you in your tracks with cheap tricks and spikes I'll be happy. The whole 'rush' thing looks like what the advance games have been trying to do but implemented better.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

PSMad wrote:She'll have slightly different routs through the levels... much like Team Sonic had a slightly different route through levels as Team Dark.
So it's basically the Sonic & Knuckles formula? Of course the differing team thing offered noticably fewer alternate paths than Knuckles had way back then. I wouldn't mind something like Lava Reef act 2, which was a totally different level depending on the character.

Of course any opinion I have is moot since I have no intention of purchasing a Nintendo DS.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Those special stages look worse than the PC Sonic 3D ones

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

That's what it reminded me of. I wonder if it'll restrict you from going around the full loop.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

I can only guess at the moment Owen Axel, but from what I've heard I think that'll be the case. At the very least it won't be Blaze powering through the same levels as Sonic like the other Advance games.

What was the PC Sonic 3D special stage like? Personally the Saturn one was my favourite iteration.

Dash

Post by Dash »

It was rather cheap, to say the least.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

And I thought the genesis Sonic 3D special stage looked bad. Ugh.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

1 Up have posted a gist translation of the Nintendo Dream scan:

[...] Sonic Rush [...] seems to be taking great advantage of the DS. One of the newest and unexpected additions is a "trick action" mini-game during the special stages. During these, you'll perform trick actions with Sonic by pressing a series of numeric buttons as they appear, and because they're timed, you'll have to be fast with your touching. In addition, the special stages resemble those of Sonic 3; you use the touch screen to slide Sonic left and right, grabbing rings and avoiding spikes.

The game is also set on a "Zone Map" somewhat similar to the world map of Super Mario Bros 3. While moving from Zone to Zone, gamers will encounter character dialogues that move the plot. It's also hinted you'll have support characters on the top screen during the map section, though what they'd is unknown. The magazine also featured screens of great looking, fully 3D bosses you can run circles around and battle in a Klonoa-esque 2.5 way.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Ha ha, they said Sonic 3. I wonder if that's a translation or original error.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Zones maps are useless in a Sonic game. Their just an excuse for the crappy dialogue the player will be subjected to. And dialogue is useless in a Sonic game too.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

OH NOES! We'll have to read text on the screen! That's cruel and unusual punishment!!

The strength of will to simply press the confirm button and skip the lines of text is too much to demand of a poor soul! Damn them all!!

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Is it me or does this level look MAD COOL?

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

SegaSonic wrote:Is it me or does this level look MAD COOL?
Personally I think it looks pretty nice, but I've given up caring how the zones look in the game, I just want to get a chance to feel how they play.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

If it's not Collision Chaos, I don't want to know.
Last edited by j-man on Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

The levels are looking pretty awsome from the new Gamespot pics and vids. It's not just how they are set but the backgrounds are awe inspiring. I'm actually excited. The boss battles are looking nice and 2 Eggmans (Eggmen?) in one game can only be a plus. I'm not sure if I like the Blaze character but as a refreshing change from other female characters from the series looks to be able to handle herself.

You could argue Rouge is the strongest female of the bunch up to press but even she's got nothing on the male leads.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

In the interview they said Blaze can use Fire (hence the name) and glide.. No..not like Knuckles..seems she has some sort of green ballons or parachute..

DAMN..if you listen to the new videos you can hear the Shitty 4KIDS voices! and did Ryan worked on this game? cause his voice got replaced by the 4KIDS MOFO.

No WAY in Hell I will stand this crap, Sonic is DEAD in US for me, its Japan Sonic from now on.

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Granted, the 4Kids voice actors aren't that good, but it's really not like the previous voice actors were all that impressive. Well, except Deem Bristow, but it's not like he'd be carrying on in any event. Death sucks.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Word.
James McGeachie wrote:Personally I think it looks pretty nice, but I've given up caring how the zones look in the game, I just want to get a chance to feel how they play.
I actually feel the opposite. Gameplay is important, of course, but I'm looking forward to any new and imaginative environments.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

...in a Sonic game?

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

They had some in Sonic Advance 3! Toy Kingdom, Cyber Track, Chaos Angel...

Don't crush my dreams.