Sonic Riders!

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

The soundtrack actually hurt a little when I first heard it again for the first time in years in Sonic Gems. My mind must've built it up into something better than what it really was.

SealElement

Post by SealElement »

It looks kind of interesting, but the new characters and names make it look
like Sonic R... especially if there are few tracks. But still, I'll keep an eye on
this.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

I seem to remember enjoying Sonic R back in the day. That might have been down to the fact I was a major Sega zealot back then and the only new Sonic titbits to be thrown my way in years was the 3D museum but in Sonic Jam and "Sonic into Dreams", Christmas Nights style.

Anyway, I doubt this game will set the world aflame but as long as it isn't terribly broken it might be a fun detraction till Sonic Next.

Eggman on a board has made my day.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Sonic R's weakest point was how unbalanced the characters were - there was no reason to play as anyone other than the fastest character available. The courses with multiple routes was a nice idea, but wasn't implemented very well, you were guaranteed victory as long as you always took the right shortcuts, whilst the CPU players took longer routes.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Well, the unlockable characters would take the shortcuts. But yeah, it still wasn't particularly challenging to come in first.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

If I remember correctly Sonic was the best normal character to use. Metal Sonic came next, Metal Knuckles was especially fast and of course Super Sonic was the best.

I also remember trying to win races as Amy and how I had to use *every* shortcut. And also how useless Eggman's weapon was.

Oh, and look at the trailer 1.31 till 1.32 to see theat shot of Eggman in motion. It looks like he's on somesort of hoverbike... not wearing bellbottoms :roll:

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Why couldn't they just have made a Tillis riding game instead? Like, a game that involves riding Tillis.

And yes, I know I'm late to the discussion. Sorry.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Why couldn't they just have made a Tillis riding game instead? Like, a game that involves riding Tillis.
Is Chris unlockable? 'Cause I've wanted to grudge fuck that bitch since 1998. I'd put "You're going the wrong way!" into context.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

For half a second I thought you meant the dude from Sonic X, which was a scary image, believe you me.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Is Chris unlockable? 'Cause I've wanted to grudge fuck that bitch since 1998. I'd put "You're going the wrong way!" into context.
I liked the way Chris ordered me what to do in her stern yet compassionate tone. Maybe that says something about me.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Grudge fuck is the funniest term I've heard all day.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Dialogue:
"Hey guys! Get your extreme board and go! We're Sonic Riders! Yeah!"

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

A few pages ago, Zeta wrote:Oh yeah, the thing that killed Sonic R, and to a lesser extent - Mario Kart Double Dash - was the abysmally small number of courses. That that end, Sonic Riders better fucking have more than 7. Hell, I'll be moderately pissed off if it's less than 15.
Meanwhile, in the video interview...
Takashi Yuda wrote:At the Tokyo Game Show, you will get to play as the eight main characters in the game, and also two stages out of the sixteen stages that's available.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

8 main characters? Sonic, Tails Knuckles, Web, Jet and the other bird... Amy and... Eggman? Fingers crossed.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Yeah, those are the 8 main characters

Sonic,Tails,Knuckles,Jet,Wave,Storm,Amy and EGGMAN.

what? did they say theres more?

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Takashi Yuda did say you will get to play as the eight main characters in the game. This might as well confirm Eggman's playability.

PSMad

Post by PSMad »

Those are the only 8 characters we know about, so I'm hopeful.

There'll probably be more characters in the final build at least as secrets. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cream with Cheese following her, Rouge, The Chaotix and Gamma.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

Minor point but the interview also confirms the swallow character is called Wave not Web.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

PSMad wrote:There'll probably be more characters in the final build at least as secrets. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cream with Cheese following her, Rouge, The Chaotix and Gamma.
If Vector is in it, I'll buy 3 copies.

Kid Solomon

Post by Kid Solomon »

SegaSonic wrote:Yeah, those are the 8 main characters

Why the hell make new characters just for Riders? Just recycle some of the old ones from Sonic R, like Eggrobo, since he couldn't jump or hover.

...I'm betting that Super Sonic is gonna be a secret character. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow was.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Kid Solomon wrote:
SegaSonic wrote:Yeah, those are the 8 main characters

Why the hell make new characters just for Riders? Just recycle some of the old ones from Sonic R, like Eggrobo, since he couldn't jump or hover.

...I'm betting that Super Sonic is gonna be a secret character. I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow was.
Super has to be in every Sonic game since "Sonic Adventure", right?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

No.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

But only in the story mode. If there is a free-play mode then I guess he will be unavailable in it. It would be interesting if the characters form R make a reappearance, especially if Tails Doll is invoolved.

SegaSonic

Post by SegaSonic »

Ritz wrote:
PSMad wrote:There'll probably be more characters in the final build at least as secrets. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cream with Cheese following her, Rouge, The Chaotix and Gamma.
If Vector is in it, I'll buy 3 copies.
Same here! :P