Not only does Shadow have a gun, now he also has a bike.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Adam Adamant wrote:
Popcorn wrote:Amount of progress made between SA1 and Shadow: :(
Yeah, but you can say that about almost any 2D to 3D update 14 years ago. Mario 64 was a big leap but Sunshine was not. Because then they had a lot more to change, now they just have motor bikes and stuff.
Then compare the amount of progress made between Sonic 1 and Sonic 3&K to the amount of progress made since Sonic Adventure.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

THE LOGIC! IT BURNS MY INNER FANBOY!

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Superman can breathe in space.
nerd Not post-Crisis Superman! /nerd

Adam Adamant

Post by Adam Adamant »

Sorry all my comics are pre-crisis and I have too much self respect to buy new ones.

And I'm sorry I've never actually played Sonic 3 but I'll take your word for it.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Zeta wrote:
Superman can breathe in space.
nerd Not post-Crisis Superman! /nerd
Can he still not? They seem to have been re-Silver Ageing Superman a bit more in the past few years.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I don't think so. Even though now there's Krypto, SuperBoy, 2 SuperGirls and a lot of SuperBots or whatever, he still can't breathe on space or go back in time whenever he wants. He does not have his superventriluoquism too.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

He does not have his superventriluoquism too.
Or his super basket weaving.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I'll just assume that's supposed to read superunderwaterbasketweaving.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Or his Super-Stop-Pat-Boone-From-Making-Hits-Thing, although it seems to have worked.

The Scarlet Scorpion

Post by The Scarlet Scorpion »

Okay, number one, without his shoes, Sonic has speed troubles too ("Sonic Laborinth"). Number two, Shadow is wearing those hovershoes in that picture. Number three, I don't know what Godwin's Law is; could someone fill me in please? Number four, I despise Fandom Wank - they're just a bunch of losers who don't realize they're just as pathetic as the people they mock. And number five, I figure The Flash can get it pretty easily; doubtlessly there are super hero groupies who'd do anyone who's saved the world a couple of times.

Oh, and I still think that "Shadow the Hedgehog" is assinine... which is a shame, because that motorcycle actually looks pretty cool... just not while being straddled by an overly angsty hedgehog. Like Rouge.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

The Scarlet Scorpion wrote:I don't know what Godwin's Law is; could someone fill me in please?
You'd like that, wouldn't you?

Fuckin' Nazi.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Bam, it just kicked in!

Dash

Post by Dash »

If anyones interested, the NP article has been scanned...

http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/9716/scan00017ji.jpg

http://img317.imageshack.us/img317/2967/scan00020zi.jpg

Nothing much, but Iizuka does mention some typical badass type vehicles being in the game(sports car, a jeep), so all signs point to the motorcycle actually being in-game.

Team Chaotix? I like those guys but.....crap. They'll never be in anything worth remembering will they? How many more Sonic characters will you pull into you twisted web of evil Iizuka?

For Shadow, we wanted to engage the player more.

And that idea could SO TOTALLY NOT apply to a Sonic game, because, as we all know, Sonic games have NEVER been engaging!

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

The Scarlet Scorpion wrote:Okay, number one, without his shoes, Sonic has speed troubles too ("Sonic Labyrinth").
But Sonic had shoes in Sonic Labyrinth; they were Slow-Down Boots which made controlling Sonic felt like he was running with half-ton lead on each feet. Do you think you can run fast with cinder blocks as shoes? As for number two, I already accepted the motorcycle is a pointless gimmick.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Okay, number one, without his shoes, Sonic has speed troubles too ("Sonic Laborinth").
Didn't Robotnik actually replace Sonic's sneakers with special slow-down shoes? Implying that the problem was not Sonic not having shoes, but of having accursed shoes?

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Takashi Iizuka, the man behind the hedgehog for the past 12 years,
He must've been WAY behind him for those first 8 years. Unless they mean as a writer for the Archie comics. That I'd believe.
"We even included Team Chaotix"
I guess we'd better get used to Blaze then. Looks like they're not ready to start dropping new characters any time soon.
To help Shadow make the most of his solo debut, the team created an all-new graphics engine from scratch.
Because they weren't sure if they'd made their incompetence clear enough. They had to build a new graphics engine from the ground up and make it look blaringly worse than the one for the previous console generation.
If this game is well received, we'd like to give Shadow his own franchise.
How are they going to do that with 10 endings!? The only part of this team that has any foresight is the marketing division! How do they expect to maintain a story-driven character when they can't plan ahead a single game? They don't, or course. They plan to fill it with time travel and parallel universes until it's so convoluted that not even the hardcore Shadow fans care enough to make sense of it.

This article and my romp through Sonic Heroes yesterday eradicated any thoughts of actually paying for this game that I might have had. It reminded me of just how improbable it is that it'll be good in even a single aspect.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Frieza2000 wrote:The only part of this team that has any foresight is the marketing division!
:D

Professor Machenstein

Look at it this way; it has to be better than Sonic Heroes. That's what we want, right? It's pretty much a general statement that the 3D Sonic games have been getting "worse and worse", so if Shadow is better than Heroes then that would contradict the aforementioned statement. Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't have to live up to the Sonic the Hedgehog series nor the Sonic Adventure series, it just has to prove itself to be better than the previous game (That being Sonic Heroes). Besides, we're obviously not expecting anything for this game, so it can't be a letdown.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Look at it this way; it has to be better than Sonic Heroes.
I'm really not expecting it to be, actually. And Sonic Heroes was laaaaaame.
Shadow the Hedgehog doesn't have to live up to the Sonic the Hedgehog series nor the Sonic Adventure series, it just has to prove itself to be better than the previous game (That being Sonic Heroes).
Well, I don't know about anyone else, but in an ideal world I'd like every game I play to be fantastic. If it's not going to be better than Sonic Adventure 2, which I consider to be the last good game in the series (and even that's being generous), then I'm not interested.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

I'd just like to have a game which I could proudly masturbate to.

Professor Machenstein

Popcorn wrote:I'm really not expecting it to be, actually. And Sonic Heroes was laaaaaame.
In many ways, Shadow the Hedgehog is looking better than Heroes, and here's reasons why...

1.) Spindash. Enough said.
2.) I'd rather have a gritty, Batman Beyond-ish atomosphere to my Sonic games than the kiddie, Jimmy Newtron-esque atomosphere that was in Sonic Heroes.
3.) The only new character in this game, from what we have seen, is Doom's Eye, who, thank God, is not another anthropomorphic Sonic character like Blaze the Cat or Stomps the Elephant. A floating, tentacled alien with one red eye is welcome in my book.
4.) The new features don't completely alter the gameplay for a change. The usage of weapons and various other objects don't really tamper with the original formula, like the elastic ring-band from Chaotix, the Slow-Down Boots from Sonic Labyrinth, or team-action from Sonic Heroes.
5.) 20+ speed stages. Enough said.
Popcorn wrote:Well, I don't know about anyone else, but in an ideal world I'd like every game I play to be fantastic. If it's not going to be better than Sonic Adventure 2, which I consider to be the last good game in the series (and even that's being generous), then I'm not interested.
I always thought Sonic Adventure 2 was the best 3D Sonic game, despite that there's no adventure fields nor can you select a character (Unless you use the Level Select feature). I've always wanted a 3D Sonic game that consists of nothing but speed stages like the ones in Sonic Adventure 2. Just reduce the amount of grinding to 75 percent and we have ourselves a true 3D Sonic game.

Anyway, I'll judge Shadow the Hedgehog as its own game, I guess. From what I have seen, it looks like it could kick some ass, regardless of its questionable content. I'll just wait for a demo (If one ever comes).

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Professor Machenstein wrote:3.) The only new character in this game, from what we have seen, is Doom's Eye, who, thank God, is not another anthropomorphic Sonic character like Blaze the Cat or Stomps the Elephant. A floating, tentacled alien with one red eye is welcome in my book.
Actually, I think the Doom Eye is just a surveillance unit sent by the real new character, Black Doom the Dark Lord...I still can't say that name without giggling.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

A floating, tentacled alien with one red eye is welcome in my book.
I CONTROL THE LAWS OF CAUSUALITY BUT I CANNOT PREVENT MY OWN DESTRUCTION BY A ROBOT POWERED BY CRYSTALS THAT ARE MANUFACTURED BY ME I NOassholeW WILL SHOW YOU WAR AND HUMAN ACHIEVEMENT AND THEN WILL TRANSPORT YOU TO EARTH BECAUSE THIS IS THE GOOD ENDING YOUR FRIENDS WONT PICK YOU UP AND YOU END UP IN A TEMJIN EVEN IF YOU DIDNT PILOT A TEMJIN

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I didn't understand that, but it was sufficiently entertaining.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

That pretty much sums up my feelings about this forum.