Episode III premiere, anyone?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Squirrelknight wrote:Oh yeah. And they never explained why the Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are all different heights and have different voices. I guess George Lucas is going to digitally alter every scene that has a Stormtrooper in it.
The Stormtroopers aren't clones. Han Solo was a Stormtrooper, for example. And Biggs (Luke's friend who died on the first Death Star battle) was an imperial pilot. Also, Luke mentions entering the pilot academy to his uncle on Episode 4. That's the academy to become an imperial pilot. So probably there's another one for Stormtroopers as well.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Those DVD's of the original trilogy are a travesty-- Not only were there extra edits, but they added Hayden Christiansen at the end,
Yes, because a guy who played Anakin for all of 3 seconds makes soooooooooo much more sense than a guy who was Anakin for 2 full fucking movies! :roll: Like it or not, Hayden is Anakin Skywalker. It was he who we were watching when we were watching what Anakin was & what he became, not Sebastian Shaw.
and replaced Boba Fett's voice with that Somoan guy's voice
You know, I didn't even notice a voice change when I watch the DVD, Boba Fett's just a bit role that existed as a plot device explaining how Han Solo wind up in Jabba's palace so it's not like a voice change even matters. The fact that he was even in RotJ is baffling because he should've just collected his money & went off to find another bounty. The fact he has a fanbase is even more baffling. But point is that Lucas aknowledged that fanbase enough to give such an minor character a history & connect that history to the scenes that made Boba popular to begin with. Whatever changes were made to Boba Fett in the DVDs are improvments to the integrity of the character regardless of how much they screw over the original actor.

I mean that's what's more important, right? The characters, not the actors? That's why Lucas made those changes to Anakin & Boba to begin with. He understands that the characters are most important element of his movies.
Oh yeah. And they never explained why the Stormtroopers in the original trilogy are all different heights and have different voices. I guess George Lucas is going to digitally alter every scene that has a Stormtrooper in it.
Normal people were forced into the military as well as the clones. May I add: DDDUUUUHHHH!!!!?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Team Mecha wrote:I'm a dumbass. Someone please kill me before I procreate and curse the rest of the world with the foul fruit of my loins.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

If Lucas wants to hack up his own films, more power to him. But he's got no more right to take a hatchet to another director's films than I do. He should have left Empire and Jedi the hell alone.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

This guy made 15 other posts? How did I miss the rampant hilarity?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Ancient

Post by Ancient »

and replaced Boba Fett's voice with that Somoan guy's voice.
His name is Temuera Morrison and he's Maori (from the god of all nations - New Zealand), not Samoan. And if it bothers you then you can cry me a river because Temuera's the fucking man

Go watch Once Were Warriors and you'll understand

Can't say I would've done it, but it doesn't change the movie in any way... I only noticed because I know Temuera's voice from a mile away, most other people I've talked to had no idea

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Ancient wrote:I only noticed because I know Temuera's voice from a mile away, most other people I've talked to had no idea
Heheh! I bet you played Republic Commando!

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I believe there were seperate VAs for each "character" in Republic Commando. It makes sense anyway. Clones aren't all going to sound exactly alike anyway.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

Segaholic2 wrote:
Team Mecha wrote:Image
Would have been better.

minnietguinea

Post by minnietguinea »

Who cares if the DVDs have minor changes? It's all just to help the continuity. I rather like Morrison's voice more than (I think) Jeremy Bulloch's for Boba Fett. The only thing I think is messed up is that Han Solo definately shot first.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

What continuity?

In 4-5-6, Leia remembers her mother.

In 1-2-3, Padme dies in childbirth.

In 4-5-6, Obi-Wan was taught by Yoda.

In 1-2-3, Obi-Wan was taught by Qui-Gon, who was taught by Dooku, who was taught by Yoda.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Back in the day, Yoda taught all the Jedi from childhood. You see this in Episode II. So Obi-Wan wasn't out of line saying that Yoda instructed him.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

The "nooooooooo" scene was way better in Lego Star Wars than it was in the film.

minnietguinea

Post by minnietguinea »

Isn't the scene with Leia talking about her mom cut out on the DVDs? I thought that would help the continuity.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Esrever wrote:The "nooooooooo" scene was way better in Lego Star Wars than it was in the film.
Most things are better in Lego.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

minnietguinea wrote:Isn't the scene with Leia talking about her mom cut out on the DVDs? I thought that would help the continuity.
It was indeed cut.

It's kind of like when I was watching the first season of 24. When it originally aired, the character Jamie took a prolonged glance at a coffee mug before it cut away to a different scene. When they cut back to her, it appeared that she had used shards of the mug to slit her wrists and kill herself. But then later, the writers decided that Nina had murdered Jamie and then set it up to look like a suicide. When they revealed that, the first thing I thought was, "Then why the hell did she take that long look at that damn mug?"

Later I rented the DVDs and the mug glance had been chopped out.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Real time my ass.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I don't like to bitch about movies unless it is actually necessary, so here's a link with someone doing the dirty job:
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=150

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

It was indeed cut.
No it wasn't. I just watched the DVDs and it is left in it's entirety. That's one of the reasons I mentioned it.
"Then why the hell did she take that long look at that damn mug?"
To fool you. Duh.

Ancient

Post by Ancient »

chriscaffee wrote:What continuity?

In 4-5-6, Leia remembers her mother.

In 1-2-3, Padme dies in childbirth.

In 4-5-6, Obi-Wan was taught by Yoda.

In 1-2-3, Obi-Wan was taught by Qui-Gon, who was taught by Dooku, who was taught by Yoda.
Everyone was taught by Yoda when they were "younglings"

So although Lucas clearly fucked up, die-hard fans will argue this till the day they die, sooner the better I say...

And I know Morrisons voice so well because he's quite a well known actor where I live. I must've seen Once Were Warriors like 10 times.

Awesome movie.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Hell, there are continuity errors WITHIN the original trilogy because Lucas was basically making up shit as he went along. Darth was originally a name, not a title. In the first movie, non-Jedi use "May the force be with you", which is pretty odd when you consider the circumstances as a whole. Lucas obviously didn't have Leia and Luke as sisters planned out from the beginning. For one, Vader tortured her and didn't sense a damn thing in the force . . .

It goes on and on and on, but mostly it's obvious that Lucas had an idea for one movie and decided to make a trilogy after it was successful. No matter what he says after the fact - like that he had three movies planned all along. No wait - 9. No wait - 6. Make up your mind, George.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I thought Leia's ability to resist the mind probe droid in the first movie was a clue that she was strong with the Force. But you can't really blame the original movie for lacking those kinds of connections; at the time, Lucas didn't think it was going to make any money at all, and he didn't want to allude to a bunch of plot elements that would manifest in sequels he didn't think he was going to get to make. He obviously didn't have this whole thing planned out in 1976 as he likes to imply, but he wasn't completely BSing about having certain things in mind long before they ever manifested onscreen.

Neo Yi

Post by Neo Yi »

Yea, I'm late, shut up.

I finally got around to seeing the damn film. I liked it better then Episode I and II, but damn it to hell, the bad acting/corny dialogue ruins everything. Everytime a scene that's suppose to emphasize dramatic....ness or anything remotely emotional is hinder with the crap acting. On the other side, I'm SO turned on by Anakin's dark side.
~Neo
Last edited by Neo Yi on Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ancient

Post by Ancient »

Don't you just love his demise?

"It's over Anakin, give up, I have the high ground"

"You underestimate me master"

Or something like that