Episode III premiere, anyone?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Episode III premiere, anyone?

Post by Opa-Opa »

This thread had to come some day. Who's going to the premiere? Who's not? And who doesn't give a shrubberrie about it?

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Don't really give that much of a danm about the Star Wars franchise(well not as much as some people), but I'll probably end up seeing it anyway just cause.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I don't give a shrubbery about it, but I'm going with my friends anyway.

I hated Episodes 1 and 2 with a passion, and didn't even see them in theaters when they first came out. Episode 3 is the first prequel I'm actually going to see in theaters.

Grant

Post by Grant »

There's a new Star Wars movie coming out? I was unaware.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm hungry for a little Burger King which I plan to wash down with a healthy dose of Diet Pepsi.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Shrubberries!

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Isn't there, like, a Broadway musical based on that now? Holy Grail, I mean.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

There is!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

For a second I thought you meant a Star Wars musical, which frightened me beyond all reason.

Ancient

Post by Ancient »

It's getting very positive reviews

I get the feeling that's supposed to count for something... but I'm not sure what

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Oh, I dunno, an inkling of potential quality, perhaps?

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I never watched Episode II, as I hated Episode I so much, but I have to say that Revenge of the Sith looks pretty sweet.

I'll definitely see it.

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

Episode 3 looks okay but I heard from some guy who used to work for Fox and who also got to see the film twice already that it isn't all that good...I can't understand why people hate Episode 1 though.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

I beat the Episode 3 game, so pretty much the whole movie is spoiled for me.

Anakin turns into Darth Vader. Obi-Wan dies, but is replaced by Chewbacca in disguise. Mace Windu doesn't die, because he's Samuel L. Jackson and he is omnipotent. The final scene has Obi-Wan fighting Indiana Jones. Indiana Jones is computer generated.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Squirrelknight wrote:Anakin turns into Darth Vader.
OMG YOU RUINED IT

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

tornadot wrote:Episode 3 looks okay but I heard from some guy who used to work for Fox and who also got to see the film twice already that it isn't all that good...I can't understand why people hate Episode 1 though.
Have you seen it?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Episode I is entirely useless.

I watched "Episode VI", or the original third one, yesterday night. And I remember why I loved those movies so much as a kid, and why I hate the new ones with a passion.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Lucas was already phasing into cutesy mode by Return of the Jedi, though. Originally, the whole Endor thing was supposed to focus on a wookiee slave uprising, but it was changed to a tribe of little teddy bear creatures in the interest of merchandising and marketability. The Luke-Vader-Emperor parts were gravy, though.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

The battle scene in Return of the Jedi was class. However I prefered The Empire Strikes Back, most probably because of the lack of Ewoks and the not so happy ending.

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

I have seen Episode 1 and I even bought it. I like it much better than Ep. 2. The battles weren't all that great, Yoda's fight was a joke and the intereaction between Padme and Anakin was horribly awkward. Yes Ep. 1 had Jar Jar (May he never show up again) but the Podracing was a cool element (Play the game) and the battle between Maul, Obi and Qui-Gon was cool. And Obi Wan Kenobi looked the best in that movie...

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I'll see it, but I'm gonna be on a plane tommorow so I'll probably see it Thursday afternoon or Friday. I didn't think all the prequels were absolute shit, well I did for episode 1, but the second wasn't all bad. Except Anakin was a douche.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

The pod racing was idiotic. They took up a nice chunk of the film to focus on something that had nothing to do with anything in the interest of selling a video game. Definitely the lowest point of the franchise.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Kishi wrote:The pod racing was idiotic. They took up a nice chunk of the film to focus on something that had nothing to do with anything in the interest of selling a video game. Definitely the lowest point of the franchise.
Thank you. This man speaks truth.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Swoop Racing > Pod Racing

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Episode I was a complete train wreck. The new characters sucked, the old characters had nothing that made them loveable in the original films (nobody wants to see Darth Vader as a happy little boy who plays with robots and Obi Wan Kenobi as an uneasy young tosser who knows sod all) and the trade politics plot was boring and so out of place with the feel of the original films.

The only thing it had going for it was the fun to watch though entirely irrelevant pod race scene and the Darth Maul fight scene.

Darth Maul was the biggest disappointment for me. All of that hype and promotion around him and he looked so fucking cool! Then in the actual film he does sod all until the fight scene that we'd all seen clips of, and then he is promptly and easily killed off. BOO!

tornadot

Post by tornadot »

Don't ask me but I just love that movie, flaws aside...plus I can fawn over Obi-Wan and no one can stop me...

Why do I have this feeling that Sidious=Palpatine?