What a cool day.

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Professor Machenstein

What a cool day.

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Okay, so I went to the mall today, and I met this guy who likes Sonic too. He knew I was a Sonic fan by the T-shirt I was wearing, and he asked if he could have it for $20 bucks. My friend standing next to me insisted he went to Hot Topic, but he still wanted my shirt. I decided not to give it to him because if it wasn't for my shirt, he wouldn't have known I was a Sonic fan. By testing his knowledge, I asked him simply if he played Chaotix. He went on all like, "Yeah, for the 32X, and was also called Sonic Crackers." I was a little intrigued. I was going to ask him something else, but I figured it would go too far. He played a short game of DDR, picked up his Chef-Boyardee Game Gear bag and went off.
Then, I went to Blockbuster Video, and looking through the used Genesis games, I asked one of the people at the counters if he had a database for all the Genesis games in the pile. He opened it and asked if I wanted a specific game. I replied, "Dynamite Headdy. You got that?" There was a twinkle in his eye, as if he knew what I was talking about... And he did. He exclaimed, "Whao! Dynamite Headdy? I havn't played that game in ages. I doubt we have it since it's so obscure." He looked in the database, but unfortunetly he didn't have it. I was all like, "Oh well. I dig obscure Mega-Drive characters anyway, like Ristar." And he was like, "Oh my God, I love Ristar. That's a good one too."
So now here I am, typing this message, and I'm thinking, "You know, maybe the 16-BIT era isn't over after all. Maybe Sonic is still cool, and people know of the Mega-Drive characters I love." I chuckled. What do you think? Have you have encounters like mine before? Please tell.

PS: I told the guy at the mall about this forum, so he might come here any minute.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

...I don't know what to say.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

This sure is a post on the internet.

Professor Machenstein

Heh heh. I'm speechless too. If this is spam or anything, I sincerely ask for your pardon. If you liked my little story, then discuss your encounters with Sonic fans and stuff. I'm sure you guys have encounters too.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Once I met a guy at an anime convention who liked Sonic. He had an old Sonic t-shirt on.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

One time there was this guy at the videogame store and he was buying a Sonic game and I think he liked Sonic and I like Sonic too.

That was a nice day.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Spazz wrote:Once I met a guy at an anime convention who liked Sonic. He had an old Sonic t-shirt on.
Fuck, no way. What was his name? Maybe he goes to this webiste.

Once I met this guy who said he liked Mario but I think he was just taking the piss. >:(

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Once I met this girl and she gave me a blow job. She said her name was Utada Hikaru.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

You guys, I don't think you're taking this thread seriously. Come on, share your stories of talking to other people in actual real life!! Does anyone else have anything of worth to contribute?

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I was once walking my dog when I saw an old man wearing a shirt with the american cover art for Sonic 2 on it. It wasn't a great day, but it was a good day.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

For the record, when you look at Double-S-'s avatar, it looks like the guy in it is saying what he posted.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

One day, I met this guy at the mall and he said that Sonic sucked. So I totally kicked his ass 'cause everyone knows that Sonic rules the school.

It was an awesome day!

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

chriscaffee wrote:Once I met this girl and she gave me a blow job. She said her name was Utada Hikaru.
One time I met a man who liked to fuck dogs. That man was Caffee's dad. And the dog was Caffee's mom. That dog was also a male.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

One time I read a terrible thread on the internet.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Once I met this loser and I killed him.

It was a good day.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Once I met a "man" named Chris Caffee, and he really needed a bottle of Midol for his raging, uncontrollable PMS.

aso

Post by aso »

One time I made a post attempting to be witty in a thread full of cynical tossers.

Professor Machenstein

One time I read a terrible thread on the internet.
One time I made a post attempting to be witty in a thread full of cynical tossers.
In case I'm not getting something, I assume you're referring to me. Yes. I'm just being myself, really. If you're not referring to me, then I've just imploded, and it's all my fault. Thanks, me. :lol:

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

They never found the body.

CE

Post by CE »

Welcome everybody to Posting 101. Here you will learn how to make your posts on the Internet readable by other people.

Today's class is about paragraphs. It is important to have clearly seperated paragraphs so that if someone finds your post boring, as they most certainly will, it is easy to jump to the next chunk. As an example, here's a post from Professor Machenstein of The GHZ. Notice how you can not see the different paragraphs unless you actively search for them, so you just stop reading, even before the 32X is mentioned:
Okay, so I went to the mall today, and I met this guy who likes Sonic too. He knew I was a Sonic fan by the T-shirt I was wearing, and he asked if he could have it for $20 bucks. My friend standing next to me insisted he went to Hot Topic, but he still wanted my shirt. I decided not to give it to him because if it wasn't for my shirt, he wouldn't have known I was a Sonic fan. By testing his knowledge, I asked him simply if he played Chaotix. He went on all like, "Yeah, for the 32X, and was also called Sonic Crackers." I was a little intrigued. I was going to ask him something else, but I figured it would go too far. He played a short game of DDR, picked up his Chef-Boyardee Game Gear bag and went off.
Then, I went to Blockbuster Video, and looking through the used Genesis games, I asked one of the people at the counters if he had a database for all the Genesis games in the pile. He opened it and asked if I wanted a specific game. I replied, "Dynamite Headdy. You got that?" There was a twinkle in his eye, as if he knew what I was talking about... And he did. He exclaimed, "Whao! Dynamite Headdy? I havn't played that game in ages. I doubt we have it since it's so obscure." He looked in the database, but unfortunetly he didn't have it. I was all like, "Oh well. I dig obscure Mega-Drive characters anyway, like Ristar." And he was like, "Oh my God, I love Ristar. That's a good one too."
So now here I am, typing this message, and I'm thinking, "You know, maybe the 16-BIT era isn't over after all. Maybe Sonic is still cool, and people know of the Mega-Drive characters I love." I chuckled. What do you think? Have you have encounters like mine before? Please tell.
This poster obviously understands the advantage of paragraphs, but he does not quite understand how to use them. Remember how in grade school you were told to indent the new paragraphs with a few spaces? Well that doesn't work on a forum. Instead, you should seperate your paragraphs with a blank line. Look at how much easier it is to skip the boring parts of Prof. Mach's post is when we apply this style:

Remember class, most people will find your posts extremely boring and irrelevant, so it is important that they can quickly skip over it.

That's all for this class. Next time we'll learn how to use the Preview button so that you can prevent yourself from making a complete fool of yourself by leaving a superfluous [/quote] tag at the end of the post.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

chriscaffee wrote:They never found the body.
I always found it funny when people try to act tough on the internet. PLZ DUN HURT ME ON THE INTERWEB PLZ

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Last year, the main plushie prizes on the Wildwood NJ boardwalk were the Sonic X ones. There were mostly Sonic, Tails, and Shadow. Very few of anyone else. I saw a discouraging number of kids 8 and under dragging Shadow everywhere I went. I saw a 2/3 year old (barely talking) win a game and request a Shadow doll.

And then I burned down the Ferris wheel.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

One time I saw this guy get his genitals ripped off. Actually it was just a movie but I was tripping balls so I didn't know the difference.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I edited my post.
Last edited by chriscaffee on Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Okay, so I went to the mall today, and I met this guy who likes Sonic too. He knew I was a Sonic fan by the T-shirt I was wearing, and he asked if he could have it for $20 bucks. My friend standing next to me insisted he went to Hot Topic, but he still wanted my shirt. I decided not to give it to him because if it wasn't for my shirt, he wouldn't have known I was a Sonic fan. By testing his knowledge, I asked him simply if he played Chaotix. He went on all like, "Yeah, for the 32X, and was also called Sonic Crackers." I was a little intrigued. I was going to ask him something else, but I figured it would go too far. He played a short game of DDR, picked up his Chef-Boyardee Game Gear bag and went off.

PS: I told the guy at the mall about this forum, so he might come here any minute.

This is the gayest post I've ever read in my life.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.