SoA Website gets a makeover

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Double-S-
News Guy

SoA Website gets a makeover

Post by Double-S- »

Sega of America redesigned their website. Again. I don't see any added content, though. They do list Condemned for upcoming, but no game page or anything. Aside from that, and an ominous "More titles will be announced soon!", I can't spot anything new.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

This is pretty much off-topic, but that's an inevitability anyway, so deal.

This is really just a wild assumption, but on the character profile page in the Sonic Central section, they have profiles for all of the most recent characters that actually have some relevance to the current story. So why does Fang have a profile?
http://www.sega.com/sonic/content.php

It doesn't make any sence. He's been dead for years now, they wouldn't just put his profile up there without a reason. Perhaps they're finally bringing him back?

EDIT: Turns out there's no way to link to the page directly, so just dig around the site, it's in there.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

That Fang profile has been there since the site opened which was around (before?) Sonic Heroes. I doubt it means anything in relation to Shadow the Hedgehog.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I've never really looked around Sonic Central. That's interesting that Fang has a profile, but like Chris says, I doubt if it'll be of much consequence.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

They're probably just hopeful like us and put it up once they got wind of a Sonic style game with a gun.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Sega of America made the Sonic style game with a gun.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I need to look at past posts more closely from now on.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Funny thing his name is Fang the Sniper, and not Nack the Weasel as he used to be called in the US. Maybe he's there because of the late re-releasing of the Game Gear games, in which at least, I don't know, four(?), have this character.

j-man

Post by j-man »

It's actually two, but you were close.

muke

Post by muke »

I still call him Nack, much like I still call Eggman "Robotnik." Sonic was concieved (from what I hear) on American soil (by Japanese creators, but I try to ignore that fact), so why not call them by their American names?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Because the original names are their intended names, plus they sound better anyway. Not that it really matters, though. You can refer to Sonic as Chester for all I care.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Maybe they know he's an inexplicable fan favorite and hoped we'd appreciate it. Or maybe they just needed a fifth villain... (Omega?)
Not that it really matters, though. You can refer to Sonic as Chester for all I care.
I used to call Luigi "Ravioli," but I don't know why.

j-man

Post by j-man »

muke wrote:I still call him Nack, much like I still call Eggman "Robotnik." Sonic was concieved (from what I hear) on American soil (by Japanese creators, but I try to ignore that fact), so why not call them by their American names?
Lies.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Opa-Opa wrote:Funny thing his name is Fang the Sniper, and not Nack the Weasel as he used to be called in the US.
They pretty much ripped their info right off of the GHZ profile, so maybe they saw the japanese name there and put that up due to it sounding cooler.

"Nack the Weasel"*snicker*

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

They pretty much ripped their info right off of the GHZ profile, so maybe they saw the japanese name there and put that up due to it sounding cooler.
GG should put up a bunch of fake crap on the website and see if SoA copies it next time, too. Put something like "Cream is the mother of Knuckles sent forward in a time machine" or "Tails has the ability to shoot fireballs from his fingers" and see what happens.