Phantasy Star Universe: Online for Playstation 2/PC Winter

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Now that's just weird. I can't imagine my dad playing anything for that long except Windows solitaire.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

My dad's hardcore like that.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

My Dad likes FPS games and Diablo.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

My dad was an NES man. He got pretty good at Mario and Rad Racer, but RPGs like Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy were his thing. Contra and Jackel were favorites too. He was a pretty avid gamer until shortly after the N64 came out. Then something in him died, and now he just plays Goldeneye with all the cheats on. Every night. For the last 7 years.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

My dad used to be into games. He got me into shooters actually. Up until then all I played was Sonic really. He would play Doom, Descent and MechWarrior series. He stopped just about when I started high school. He decided it was a waste of time or something.

Squirrelknight
Utada wants me so much

Post by Squirrelknight »

Um... My dad knows how to drift. In a car. In real life.

But that's about it.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

My dad had an Intellivision with about half a dozen games (I really liked Frogger), then he got an NES, where he mostly played puzzle games like Kickle Cubicle and Lolo. My brothers and I played the NES a whole lot more than he did, and after a couple years we pretty much took it over. When we got the Genesis, he played it once or twice in the early days (he favored Columns and Krusty's Super Fun House), but that was pretty much the end of it for him. These days he only plays what'll work on his PC, mostly bargain bin fps's and occasionally an rts. And Windows card games. I think his tastes have deteriorated substantially, and I pray it doesn't happen to me in my old age.

I've actually had this conversation before, our generation is going to be the first that will grow old playing games. We'll be the guinea pigs. Any long-term effects of gaming will be discovered at our expense. Maybe all our thumbs will all be paralyzed after, like, 30 years or something.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

My Dad could beat your dads up.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Your mom sure could.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Inevitably, we will meet Pop's mum. Then we can tell her what a failure her son is.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Omni Hunter wrote:I'm looking forward for the new Phantasy Star 2. Thank fuck they didn't remake 3, I hated the auto-fight music and the enemy sprites, heck, I couldn't even tell that the Killer Moose was a Moose and not a strange brown blob. 4 is my biggest anticipation so far though.
I was kinda like that about Phantasy Star 3 (I mean, the enemies are really ugly, like that strong guy with a stone on his head that attacks with his boobs) until I rented and played it again. I ended up really liking it. The generation thing is really great and brings a lot of replayability, since for every different family tree you make, you get a different story and ending. The one I kinda don't like is Phantasy Star 2. I know that everybody loves it, but I can't understand why. Sure, the music is great, the story is fine, but the game isn't near as great as Phantasy Star 1. I mean, there's a lot of characters, but some are so weak that you end up never using them, and there's no real difference between which character you use since it doesn't affect the story... I don't know. Maybe I just have to play it again, just like I did with PS3, but now I'm sad because they won't remake it. I was hoping to see Mieu and Wren again. And Wren's transformations. Yeah.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Didn't Rappies first show up in PS3?

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Didn't Rappies first show up in PS3?
True.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Green Gibbon! wrote:Didn't Rappies first show up in PS3?
Yeah, but they were called Chirpers and weren't designed too well.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Yep. They weren't on their prime as today.