Essential Retard

Because death would've been too merciful.

Vote for the most retarded Sonic character.

Ray the Flying Squirrel
9%
Charmy Bee (the old one)
1%
Charmy Bee (the new one)
30%
Vector the Crocodile (the new one)
4%
Espio the Chameleon (the new one)
4%
Big the Cat
19%
Cream the Rabbit
19%
Other (reply with your nomination)
15%

Total votes: 80

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

he has a new guy doing his voice there, doesn't he?
Yeah... I can't remember his name, but it's the same guy who did Pedro from Excel Saga. The old guy was, like, 80-something.

I think the main reason he's so annoying now is that he talks so much more now (just like everyone else). Big strikes me as a feline of few words.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Big still is essentially a feline of few words, Gibbs. I think his limit in Heroes was "Froggy?" "Froggy." "Froggy!" and "KINDA THOOPER DOOPER HAPPEEEEE!!!!!!1".

I voted Cream, for the exact same reasons as everyone else - lazy, uninspired design and play mechanics, the fact she is permanently attached to a Chao which is her only real attacking power, her bloody nails/chalkboard voice, and for pure unecessariness (unecessaricity? unnecessarisy?) in general. Tails suffices as a flying character and Amy (*shudder*) as the female comedy relief.

WB
Drano Master

Post by WB »

I've never been a fan of Shadow - AKA Sonic as Evil Twin Batman

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by J.C.14 »

Spazz wrote:A ditzy hedgehog with a backless dress
Do not insult who I love, er... am a fan of...

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I found this thing that appears to be a sticker yet I can't peel it off. It is Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and it is preaching nonviolence. I don't know where it came from, it just sort of appeared last week while we were moving everything around so we could change the carpet. I think it might have came with my copy of Sonic Jam, but I'm not sure. I'll take a picture of boths sides if any of you guys care.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Light Speed wrote:I found this thing that appears to be a sticker yet I can't peel it off. It is Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and it is preaching nonviolence. I don't know where it came from, it just sort of appeared last week while we were moving everything around so we could change the carpet. I think it might have came with my copy of Sonic Jam, but I'm not sure. I'll take a picture of boths sides if any of you guys care.
Yeah, I have that too. It comes with Sonic Jam.

-wyvern

Post by -wyvern »

Really? Knuckles, nonviolent? What does ths strange sticker look like?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Wouldn't Knuckles qualify as a "retarded" character?
I'm not a Knuckles-hater or anything, but he did say retarded...
I'm sure he meant in concept, not in actual mental capability.
She (and it) just does not have a place either to balance the game or to add to the story. Cream the rabbit should never have met sonic the hedgehog.
She does have a place. She's the game on "Easy" mode. It was necessary because the latest group of Sonic games seem to be attempting to appeal to an even younger audience than before.
And then there is the fact that she is the only Sonic character with an actual *gasp* parent so I have to wonder why the heck does Vanilla allows her only child go on dangerous adventures with a bunch of wild orphans?
Amy is an orphan? I suppose we've never seen her family, but I never thought she was an orphan. I always assumed she had some rich father who spent oodles of money on her but is never around. That would explain her huge apartment in Sonic Battle and how she's always going shopping despite not having a job. . .

Anyways, there are lots of Sonic characters I'm not fond of. To tell you the truth, I like BOTH versions of Charmy - though I do prefer the old, polite, quiet version.

Omega pisses me off soley because he's boring. Also, his design is ugly as fuck. It's like someone tried to mix the Incredible Hulk with E-102 Gamma's design and got crap. His legs are too damn small. I keep on expecting him to tip over.

Shadow should've fucking stayed dead. He was OK in Sonic Battle, but I got so sick of him during Heroes.

I like the idea of an armadillo character, but I still hate Mighty because he doesn't look like an Armadillo at ALL.

Why does Ray count? He was only in one game. Anyways, I would be more forviging towards Ray if he, ya know - actually FLEW.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

They need to stop making new Sonic characters, period. As well as bringing back ones from long ago that no one liked to begin with.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Zeta wrote:Amy is an orphan? I suppose we've never seen her family, but I never thought she was an orphan. I always assumed she had some rich father who spent oodles of money on her but is never around. That would explain her huge apartment in Sonic Battle and how she's always going shopping despite not having a job. . .
Sonic X explained that she works in a cafe in the city. *shrug* Works for me. Though Sonic X and the games are two different continuities.
She does have a place. She's the game on "Easy" mode. It was necessary because the latest group of Sonic games seem to be attempting to appeal to an even younger audience than before.
Do most 2-5 year olds have the motor skills to play a Sonic game--even using Cream? I know my 3 year cousin never got past the first level of Leaf Forest even with using Cream. I suppose around 5 they could control the a video game character in a platformer a bit better. But why create a new beginner character for them now if many kids around that age got by fine for the past 10+ years with Sonic himself?

The original games were designed for everyone in mind in the first place just like the Mario games so there was no need for a beginner character. The current games' general difficulty have not changed that much over the years(or it shouldn't have to).

Also, since Cream is the desinated "Easy" character, why is she supposedly the last person to obtain in Sonic Advance 3? Shoot, why isn't she available from the start in SAdv2? I mean you have to play as Sonic to get her.
I like the idea of an armadillo character, but I still hate Mighty because he doesn't look like an Armadillo at ALL.
Knuckles doesn't exactly look like an echidna either.
Netaku wrote:They need to stop making new Sonic characters, period.
I agree with you, however. I wouldn't mind if they created new side villians that stay bad though the very end and defeated as the scum they are. No reformations into some anti-hero type or reborn as a goodie-goodie. I mean there are too many heroes/anti-heroes and a minscule amount of villians. There first objective is to revive Fang(and have him stay bad and unplayable-dangit!)

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

Ngangbius wrote:I wouldn't mind if they created new side villians that stay bad though the very end and defeated as the scum they are. No reformations into some anti-hero type or reborn as a goodie-goodie. I mean there are too many heroes/anti-heroes and a minscule amount of villians. There first objective is to revive Fang(and have him stay bad and unplayable-dangit!)
I agree. Since the current theme is that Eggman is never the final boss/evil dude trying to destroy the world, might as well have some consistently evil villains.

Metal Sonic is probably the only evil character who has NEVER sided with the good guys or repented his evil actions at some point. Eggman ends up helping to save the world too often nowadays.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Eggman ends up helping to save the world too often nowadays.
Well, Eggman's ambition is to rule the world, not destroy it. I think it's something we all sympathize with.

Metal Sonic doesn't give a fuck, he just wants to beat Sonic. Anything that gets destroyed in the process is irrelevant.

Also, regarding the Cream argument, it could be said that Tails was designed to appeal to a younger crowd. (I think he still does, by and large.) Even in Sonic 3, if you want the easy game, you play as Tails because he can fly over many obstacles.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Ngangbius wrote:
Do most 2-5 year olds have the motor skills to play a Sonic game--even using Cream? I know my 3 year cousin never got past the first level of Leaf Forest even with using Cream. I suppose around 5 they could control the a video game character in a platformer a bit better. But why create a new beginner character for them now if many kids around that age got by fine for the past 10+ years with Sonic himself?

The original games were designed for everyone in mind in the first place just like the Mario games so there was no need for a beginner character. The current games' general difficulty have not changed that much over the years(or it shouldn't have to).

Also, since Cream is the desinated "Easy" character, why is she supposedly the last person to obtain in Sonic Advance 3? Shoot, why isn't she available from the start in SAdv2? I mean you have to play as Sonic to get her.
I got the original Sonic when I was four or five and you're right about the motor skills. Whenever I tried to get Sonic to move I'd move the whole controller with me. I remember the first night I got the Genesis I couldn't even beat Act 1. I managed to beat it the following morning, but I didn't end up beating the first boss for like 3 weeks afterwards. Maybe I just sucked, but I imagine that was typical of most 5 year olds. I couldn't imagine trying to play Sonic Heroes at age 5 even with Team Rose. I saw a little kid in Walmart trying to play and he had no idea what to do at the poles and basically just kept falling into the water over and over.

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by J.C.14 »

Light Speed wrote:
Ngangbius wrote:

I got the original Sonic when I was four or five and you're right about the motor skills. Whenever I tried to get Sonic to move I'd move the whole controller with me. I remember the first night I got the Genesis I couldn't even beat Act 1. I managed to beat it the following morning, but I didn't end up beating the first boss for like 3 weeks afterwards. Maybe I just sucked, but I imagine that was typical of most 5 year olds. I couldn't imagine trying to play Sonic Heroes at age 5 even with Team Rose. I saw a little kid in Walmart trying to play and he had no idea what to do at the poles and basically just kept falling into the water over and over.
My sister's four and she got to Final Fortress in Sonic Heroes

-wyvern

Post by -wyvern »

Tell her she should be on this forum.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The "controller sway" has nothing to do with age. I still see people who don't play alot of games, usually grown women, do that. It's pretty funny to watch.

Argent Silver

Post by Argent Silver »

My sister's four and she got to Final Fortress in Sonic Heroes
Liar.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I wish I still did the "controller sway". I may have looked like a moron, but I remember it being surprisingly fun despite it being unintentional.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Oh yeah, that's true. Ah, thanks for reminding me how much fun that was. ^_^

Neon Chaos

Post by Neon Chaos »

It's not a matter of if a 4 year old (or any kid) can play the game or not, it's just a matter of getting them to buy the game and stuffed toys so Naka can have more money to wax his car.

WhoopA

Post by WhoopA »

Green Gibbon! wrote:The "controller sway" has nothing to do with age. I still see people who don't play alot of games, usually grown women, do that. It's pretty funny to watch.
The actual term is "english," from billiards.

Anyway, my vote's with Cream for the single fact that she has the Worst. Character. Name. Ever. It sounds like something that should not happen.

aso

Post by aso »

WhoopA wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:The "controller sway" has nothing to do with age. I still see people who don't play alot of games, usually grown women, do that. It's pretty funny to watch.
The actual term is "english," from billiards.

Anyway, my vote's with Cream for the single fact that she has the Worst. Character. Name. Ever. It sounds like something that should not happen.
Mm, case in point...
@.@

Wowee! XP Cream is so dang hot.

Cream Da Bunny....love how that has a double meaning. XP

-wyvern

Post by -wyvern »

Where the hell did you quote that from?

SuperCroc

Post by SuperCroc »

All of the above exept Cream.

daytonafathead
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by daytonafathead »

Ngangbius wrote:why the heck does Vanilla allows her only child go on dangerous adventures with a bunch of wild orphans?
Wow. Cream's mom has a name. :shock:

Oh, and Shadow ruined the series.