WIP Sonic CD comic - 19 pages up (56K)

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

You are such a fag. I hate you for being so fucking goddamned perfect. If we ever meet in real life (again) I'm going to suck your dick in the hope that I can attain a similar level of greatness.

So yeah, good work :) Does this mean my Sonic CD fanfic has greater bearing now? There's no "fancharz" in it...

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

What intrigues me so much about this comic is that (from the looks of the comic) it emphasises the original nature vs. technology plot, the animals Sonic saved in the old games, and even the badniks! I keep telling people I hate the new games because they lack these things (as well as other essential components of what makes a videogame great) but they just ignore me. One person even called me "thick headed" because I complained Sonic hates technology, and in the new games, he hangs out in a city! WTF!?!

I swear the only things Sonic fans care about these days are stupid "couplez" pairings, new, lame characters that really don't fit in with the rest of the Sonic characters, and fan characters.

So yeah, good job Koosh for remembering these things.
Last edited by firemario1001 on Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

firemario1001 wrote:What intrigues me so much about this comic is that (from the looks of the comic) it emphasises the original nature vs. technology plot, the animals Sonic saved in the old games, and even the badniks! I keep telling people I hate the new games because they lack these things (as well as other essential components of what makes a videogame great) but they just diss me. One person even called me "thick headed" because I complained Sonic hates technology, and in the new games, he hangs out in a city! WTF!?!

I swear the only things Sonic fans care about these days are stupid "couplez" pairings, new, lame characters that really don't fit in with the rest of the Sonic characters, and fan characters.

So yeah, good job Koosh for remembering these things.
A point I've been trying to make to new fans for donkeys. The whole thing about Sonic is freeing Picky, Pocky and friends. I'm glad you revived them, it's a pity Sega won't do likewise.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Sonic CD is probably the best example for usage of the old plot.

In the Bad future, you saw what happens when technology goes out of hand: polluted water, black skies, destroyed forests, ect. Even Eggman's badniks weren't very happy because most of them were partially worn out and stuff.

The Past shows a very simple, technology ridden, but primative landscape.

And the Good Future shows a balanced harmony of technology and nature, thanks to Sonic for restoring the balance.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

Gee-Aye-Ess-Pee! Spectacular job, Koosh Koosh! Like said, nice usage of the original animal friends. I'm anxious to see how you'll pull off the race between Sonic and Metal Sonic at Stardust Speedway, whereas Eggman tries to kill you with his ultra-death beam attached to his Egg Mobile. You know, you should start a tutorial as to how draw Sonic characters, old-school style.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Sonic CD had a pretty pointless final boss though, which was disappointing compared to the hard boss/race before it. I had a harder time beating the GHZ boss than that stupid thing.

Kind of a shame though, because the rest of the game, especially the visuals, were very well thought out, especially with the Good Future showing you how technology and nature come together.

Like in Palmtree Panic's Good Future, the palmtrees act as aquaducts carrying the water in these bronze pipes which irrigate the surrounding area. In Metallic Madness, Eggman's Fortress becomes a outside palace garden. You know those plants enclosed in the glass pipes in the walls in Tidal Tempest? They actually produce oxygen to be carried through the pipes that gets mixed into the water for the fish.
Last edited by firemario1001 on Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Professor Machenstein wrote:Gee-Aye-Ess-Pee!
GISP?
Hmmm...

Professor Machenstein

Spazz wrote:
Professor Machenstein wrote:Gee-Aye-Ess-Pee!
GISP?
Hmmm...
*Looks around* Well, if that's not how you spell out A, then how do you spell it?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Ae. Ay.

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

Still doesn't make sense, because you're still using the same letter in the letter sound you're trying to spell

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Gee-Aye-Ess-Pee!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

firemario1001 wrote:Still doesn't make sense, because you're still using the same letter in the letter sound you're trying to spell

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

I really... had no idea...

Professor Machenstein

*Crickets chirp. A bager is bitting my leg off.*

Anyway, what scene from Sonic CD do you look forward to seeing in the comic? Any ideas for Koosh Koosh!?

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

*stupid idea alert* The part where you wait 3 minutes and Sonic jumps off the screen.

Hmm... Maybe the part where Sonic chases Dr. Eggman to to the lower part of Tidal Timpest.
Last edited by firemario1001 on Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Professor Machenstein

What of the part where Sonic goes chibi from the shrink ray in Metallic Madness?

firemario1001

Post by firemario1001 »

What's he going to do about the good and bad endings?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Delphine wrote:
firemario1001 wrote:Still doesn't make sense, because you're still using the same letter in the letter sound you're trying to spell
It's like giving the definition of a word using the word you are trying to define.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

GASP!
Seriously, who the fuck is the guy in your avatar.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Double-S- wrote:It's like giving the definition of a word using the word you are trying to define.
Yes, thank you, I understood what he meant.

muke

Post by muke »

This is the stupidest fucking arguement I have ever heard! Yes, the Professor is a moron who made a comment that wasn't funny, can we please move on?!

Oh, and that's great work Koosh!

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Muke, it is stupid, but it is also engaging.

Professor Machenstein

muke wrote:This is the stupidest fucking arguement I have ever heard! Yes, the Professor is a moron who made a comment that wasn't funny, can we please move on?!

Oh, and that's great work Koosh!
I don't see what makes me a moron when I just established a slighty interesting discussion over one dumb sentence. You just added comment to it too. I even offered to change the subject. Ah-Ha...

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

muke wrote:This is the stupidest fucking arguement I have ever heard! Yes, the Professor is a moron who made a comment that wasn't funny, can we please move on?!
If you're going to be an ass, at least be funny about it.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

You're face is funny.