Phantasy Star Universe: Online for Playstation 2/PC Winter

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Blue Gale
News Guy

Phantasy Star Universe: Online for Playstation 2/PC Winter

Post by Blue Gale »

I can't read Japanese. Do your thing, Silver.

Dache

Post by Dache »

Better than it being on the Cube, but I'd prefer Xbox still. Hopefully will get a conversion though...

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I'm...disappointed that this wasn't going to be a next gen title. *shrugs*

Oh well, I hope the offline mode is comparable to the original Phantasy Stars(especially IV) and not just some boring hack-n-slash without any real story of character development or so I have heard that's what other PSO games' offline mode is about.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I'm still not going to assume this is 100% confirmed until Sonic Team make some kind of announcement. This could just be an editorial assumption.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Yeah. That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me to throw every PSO game (and Sonic game for that matter) on the Cube and port one to Xbox and then put the newest one on the PS2.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Those "screenshots" are all FMV that we've already seen.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

With EGM and this, it seems to me that the game is beginning to get shown off a bit behind closed doors. CVG are another publication with an article on it, and they seem to think it's for Xbox, too:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/ ... )id=116252

I also can't help but wonder if the image they refer to as 'cheeky' has anything to do with those breasts EGM mentioned.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

When EGM said PSU was "the best looking game they've ever seen", I wondered what in the heck they were talking about. Seeing as supposedly the game had just started PLANNING back last E3. And now they've already got a fully functional in-game graphical demo going? Or if EGM is just stupid and was talking about the FMV...

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I don't know why any of us even care. It'll only turn out that Shadow has a gun, or something.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

The text is all the same level of stuff that anyone speculating about the game could have easily made up--no specifics, and no mention anywhere of "online," it really sounds like it's "just" a regular RPG.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

But on the bright side, that chick has horns.

Blue Gale
News Guy

Post by Blue Gale »

The new EGM (which will have PSU as the cover story) will confirm that this game is EXCLUSIVE to Playstation 2 and PC. It will also confirm online play. I don't want to use the term MMO in the sense of Final Fantasy XI or World of Warcraft, because I'm not sure.

What I am sure of is that it's much bigger in scale than PSO. You won't be limited to four players at a time.

Computers and Videogames simply has it wrong.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Blue Gale wrote:The new EGM (which will have PSU as the cover story) will confirm that this game is EXCLUSIVE to Playstation 2 and PC.
I don't mean to challenge, merely to ask-- how do you know that?

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

More stuff which actually talks about the setting/story.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

So this isn't really a sequel to PSO at all, but a sequel to Phantasy Star proper. That's fine and dandy, though just slightly disappointing. I wish somebody would make another MMO game that I wanted to play.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Green Gibbon! wrote:So this isn't really a sequel to PSO at all, but a sequel to Phantasy Star proper. That's fine and dandy, though just slightly disappointing. I wish somebody would make another MMO game that I wanted to play.
Hey, goddamnit, we still don't freaking know. All we have so far are a few scraps of information and an awful lot of journalist speculation. All that Gamespot has in the way of information is that the game will have characters and a story in it-- and so did the original PSO. Even if the game is single-player/story-driven, that's no reason to believe it won't have a significant online facet.

The original trailer for the game at E3 had the tagline "Phantasy Star V? PSO 2?" scrolling up and down it. What we have so far is a lot of contradiction-- Gamespot says it's probably offline, EGM says it's online, Weekly Jump says it's for PS2, CVG says it's for Xbox. It seems not unreasonable to believe that the two might be combined. I'm still waiting for a real unveiling the game (which should happen soon) before leaping on any truths.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I just want to know about the boobies, mainly.

Post by Guest »

I just want to know about this guy. If I can't play as him I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

... I never thought I'd be the victim of a phantom Guest post. Why didn't the forum register that I was logged in? I haven't logged in since and I am now. Or at least, I hope I am.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

That numan chick with the purple hair is ridiculously cute and she is giving me a stiffy.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

GameSpot's the only place I've seen with the character names, info on the story, and stuff. However aside from all that I don't think they know anything more than anyplace or anyone else.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Green Gibbon! wrote:So this isn't really a sequel to PSO at all, but a sequel to Phantasy Star proper. That's fine and dandy, though just slightly disappointing. I wish somebody would make another MMO game that I wanted to play.
Do you really want that? I have barely touched a console since World of Warcraft came out, and before that I logged like 1000+ hours on PSO for Xbox. FFXI was inbetween but that game sucks. Maybe I just have an addictive personality when it comes to MMOs, but I think I'd be better off not playing them.

My level 60 mage kicks ass though... too bad he is on the wrong server.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

They should institute a server-move feature that costs in-game money or something.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

STIFFY!