Sega of America finally has a game page for PSO:BB

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Sega of America finally has a game page for PSO:BB

Post by Segaholic2 »

It's finally up, and it has almost no new information! The release date still says Spring 2005, and that's about it. Probably the biggest piece of new information is that the page now says that PSO:BB will have server-side saves, so no more NOLing or FSOD like on your Dreamcast. (I'm not sure if this is actually new news or not, but I haven't followed the Japanese version)

Check it out here: <A HREF="http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php ... e=psobb</A>

And check out this funky screenshot with ChuChus in it: <A HREF="http://www.sega.com/games/game_screensh ... _01.jpg</A>

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

I am excited. I haven't gotten to play PSO in a while becaue I sold my GC Broadband adapter.

Post by Guest »

It's hard to get excited over a four year old game that I've played on three different consoles.

CE

Post by CE »

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Why?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Take a few months off of PSO, come back, start some new characters with a couple of friends, and it's fun like a brand new game.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

It's the same four dungeons. And the middle two are shit.

And it's addicting. But I'm certainly not excited about it. PSU. Maybe. PSO Version 7? No.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

It's the same four dungeons. And the middle two are shit.
No way dude, the Mines were awesome. Or maybe I only think so because I was a Force and could slice my way through single-handed with Gizonde.

Not that I have any desire to do it yet again.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

What amazes me about PSO is how Sonic Team are attempting to put Capcom to shame when it comes to releasing half-hearted upgrades to what is essentially the same game. No matter how many additional levels you add into this game, it still doesn't change the fact that it is nothing more than an addictive but repetitive slash fest.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

You all are talking about playing the game by yourselves. Which blows. As has been said millions of times before, the "Online" is in the title for a reason. Only you don't have to play online, split-screen with a few friends is awesome fun, even if your screen is smaller than... something small (insert penis joke).

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I played online all the time. But the online community is fragmented and destroyed. There is no legit trading. None. The legits refuse to trade at all. So the only people that trade are the gray-area guys who don't know whether their stuff is real or not. That's like five people. Everyone else either has the Tsumikiri J-Sword 300% set or they are using a DBs Saber grinded to +40.

There are no normal people and both sides act like total assholes. You are either stuck in a game with an XP whore using hacks or with a faggoty elitest who pisses and moans that your Heaven Punisher (which does less damage then a fucking Crush Bullet) is gay and will prevent them from finding rares (which it won't because the game has no idea whether something is a dupe or not): as if that is the sole point of the game. It's so fucking weak. Everyone is in it for the damned red boxes.

That said, playing offline with some friends you know personally or finding a group of cool people can make PSO a great experience. The only problem is that the game gets stale. Even with Episode 2, it still amounts to the same shit. If PSU is a true sequal with PSO-style (but better) play and a more in depth character creation system (choosing my race, gender, class and look seperately into templates would be nice), I'm in. As long as it's on Xbox.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I said, you don't have to play online. And thank you for going out and detailing everything wrong with the PSO community. I'm sure it's helpful for... well, the people who have never seen PSO in their entire lives.

Like I said, take time off the game (half a year or more). Then go offline with a group of friends, all starting brand new cheat-free characters, and it's pretty much just as fun as before. There's the old feeling of celebration the first time you find a Rifle or slotted Frame, or when your party's Tech user can finally learn Resta lvl 5. Sure it'll get old, maybe after you beat the game on Normal, but that's a good 15+ hours of play.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I did the PSO thing too, and it was awesome in the early days, but the community was soiled and segregated by the third month. I tried it again briefly with Ver2 and even again with Episode II, but it was never as good as the first time, and the company was never as enjoyable.

Seriously dude, the PSO thing was great in the beginning, but its time has passed. It's good and finished.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I said, you don't have to play online.
Thanks for the permission. I appreciate it.
or when your party's Tech user can finally learn Resta lvl 5.
Resta lvl 3 is what is necessary to heal other party members.

Segata

Post by Segata »

"Platform: PC Download"

Sorry if this was announced a long time ago (I hadn't been paying any attention to news about this game), but does this mean that it will only be released online? As in, you pay to download the game and no actual box and disc type set is actually made?

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Maybe you don't have to pay for the game, but for a monthly fee instead. Kind of like Ragnarok Online.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Level 5 is where its range is actually worthwhile.
Double-S- wrote:...the "Online" is in the title for a reason. Only you don't have to play online...
chriscaffee wrote:I played online all the time. ...(rant)...
Double-S- wrote:I said, you don't have to play online.
chriscaffee wrote:Thanks for the permission. I appreciate it.
In your own style of arguing, I'll point out that you brought up something unrelated to what I was talking about and thus is completely irrelevant.

Anyways, paying to play PSO online is like paying to play basketball at a local gym, or something. It's free and more fun to play with friends on your own driveway.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

In your own style of arguing, I'll point out that you brought up something unrelated to what I was talking about and thus is completely irrelevant.
Wait. I was expressing why I held my opinion that PSO:BB is not exciting. What does that have to do with your post? Let's not even mention the fact that BB is online multiplayer only. Which means that my discussion about the evils of online gaming actually relates to the topic leaving your split-screen blurb, how did you put it? Irrelevant?

And on that note, I might as well not waste that 15 bucks I paid this month.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

God, you guys just love to bitch and moan about anything.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Welcome to the GHZ.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Are you making fun of my automobile?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Yes.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

One of the few things that make me not regret that I bought this game for the DC is the tiny army tag that came along with it. But seeing the screenshots sure bring back memories. Ah, the pain of writing with a controller and the joy of getting a DC keyboard...

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Ah, the pain of writing with a controller and the joy of getting a DC keyboard...
And learning to type "help" with one hand.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Or creating crazy shapes to relay that message and shortcutting it to the dpad.