Shadow of a Hedgehog game: Shadow packs a GUN!!1

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Final_Cosmos_the_Ultra
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by Final_Cosmos_the_Ultra »

Delphine wrote:It's hard to judge the graphics from a .wmv and a bunch of screenshots, though.

Remember the Sonic Heroes cgi that was released in wmv format? It was no where near this crappy looking.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Either whoever's making the screenshots has really bad equiptment, or the graphics are worse than dreamcast.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

I think you guys are being a bit hyperbolic about the graphics. I mean in SA the characters didn't even have individual digits and you think the model ripped from Sonic Heroes is comparible to the Dreamcast?

Grant

Post by Grant »

chriscaffee wrote:I think you guys are being a bit hyperbolic about the graphics.
Good observation.

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

I'm refering more to the textures than the models, and how blury all the shots are. I'm sure that's just bad equiptment though. Of all the aspects of a game, few developers (with enough money) fail graphically.

CE

Post by CE »

No, that's because the PS2 uses actual horse shit for texture memory.

The technology for that is amazing, but it has a side effect of making the in-game textures stink.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Feels like you should have a better reason for this. It's not that he's liked just because he's dark. I think his appeal is the same as that of Vegeta: he's a badass. Sonic used to be the one with the attitude, but he's becoming more docile and turning into Goku from the Buu saga. That's my hethenist DBZ analogous thoughts on it, anyway. The line you wrote is ok.
That's just it! Shadow's not a bad-ass. He just looks like one. Black with red-eyes keep on making think he's like a hedgehog version of Sephiroth or something. But he's actually a whiny little bitch who won't stop complaining about Maria or going "Woe is me! My life is so dark! I who was created to kill!" Blah blah blah and other forced Anne Rice shit. He's about as badass as Linkin Park. He's not a tough asshole who doesn't care. He's a whiny goth kid who cares too much and think the world hates him and won't shut up about it.

He's not Vegeta at all. He's more like - well, actually Toriyama was smart enough to not include a character like Shadow in Dragonball.

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

Maybe that's the reason why so many people like Shadow; it's out of pity.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

LINKIN PARK IS DEEP AND EDGY

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

AND WHINY!

Grant

Post by Grant »

Delphine wrote:LINKIN PARK IS DEEP AND EDGY
PLUS THEY'RE, LIKE, ABOVE IT ALL BECAUSE THEY NEVER SWEAR. NOT EVEN IF THEY STUB THEIR TOE.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Those screenshots are from the Walk of Game movie. No wonder it's so crappy. Does anyone have a decent version of this movie?

Oh, yeah. This is my first post. I'll stop lurking for a while...

Dark Crow

Post by Dark Crow »

There was no high resolution movie, but there were some high resolution shots of the game posted a few pages back (now gone), but all it really showed was Sonic Heroes with guns, monsters with polygon counts the same as those from Warcraft 3, an even more rubbery Shadow and whatnot. So it's natural to assume that the in-game graphics will suck only slightly less than those of the .mov file.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Still "production" screens never look as good as the finished game. They always look "constructed"and sterile. It's amazing what some blurring and decent lighting effects can achieve.

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

To put a positive spin on this Shadow game...

Perhaps it's they've given him his own game so he wont have to be in the next major Sonic installment (adventure 3 or whatever they decide to call it)

Crazy Flightless Bird

Post by Crazy Flightless Bird »

Esrever wrote:
Crazy Penguin wrote: And what was up with those jack-in-the-box springs that sometimes shot spikes instead? You had to use them to progress, it's absolutely inexcusable for them to randomly stab you with no chance of escape.
They weren't random at all. The boxes were colours to indictate whether a spike or a spring would come out, and the colours flipped every time you jumped on them.

Man, first Silv doesn't notice the different coloured lamp-post stars in 3&K, and now this. Looks like we won't be short of eligible contestants for the gaming special olympics this year.
Colours should be there to look pretty, not tell us things. =(

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

Crazy Flightless Bird wrote:
Colours should be there to look pretty, not tell us things. =(
Oooh, pretty traffic lights...

*CRRASSHHH*

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Amazing Grant wrote:
Delphine wrote:LINKIN PARK IS DEEP AND EDGY
PLUS THEY'RE, LIKE, ABOVE IT ALL BECAUSE THEY NEVER SWEAR. NOT EVEN IF THEY STUB THEIR TOE.
THERE PANSY FAGS. THEY NEVER LIEK SWEAR LOL

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

Zeta wrote:That's just it! Shadow's not a bad-ass. He just looks like one. Black with red-eyes keep on making think he's like a hedgehog version of Sephiroth or something. But he's actually a whiny little bitch who won't stop complaining about Maria or going "Woe is me! My life is so dark! I who was created to kill!"
Perhaps comparing him to Vegeta was going too far. He's nowhere near as badass as Vegeta. Infact, at the end of SA2 we learn that he's just a confused good guy that's too proud to do things any way but his own. And when he goes super he just sorta has a break down, praising Sonic as the true ultimate life form and such (much like Vegeta did before Frieza killed him...)

But he's only whiny like that in Sonic Battle, in which EVERYONE acts out of character, and I don't consider cannon.

Post by Guest »

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Frieza2000 wrote:But he's only whiny like that in Sonic Battle, in which EVERYONE acts out of character, and I don't consider cannon.
You're the first person I've heard to have a problem with the characterisation in Sonic Battle. I thought they were all spot on personally.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

I concur. I was typing the almost exact same reply, but I got stuck with, y'know, lessons.

Post by Guest »

I've noticed support of Sonic Battle around here, and it really surprised me. Is there a difference in dialogue between versions or something? I have the (J)(Eurasia) rom. I really hope that's it, because I can't understand how you guys could like it.

Frieza2000

Post by Frieza2000 »

I wrote:I've noticed support of Sonic Battle around here, and it really surprised me. Is there a difference in dialogue between versions or something? I have the (J)(Eurasia) rom. I really hope that's it, because I can't understand how you guys could like it.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

Well Shadow was sort of a badass in SA2. I mean, he didn't take shit from Rouge, he was the run running the whole show and he was extremely confident both in his identity and ability. In Sonic Heroes he became Rouge's bitch, seemed to have little if any motivation, and lost his memory as long as his ability to turn super. His character was built up in SA2 to be better than, or at least, Sonic's equal and then he was totally raped in the ass in Sonic Heroes and became totally uninteresting.