Shadow of a Hedgehog game: Shadow packs a GUN!!1

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Nucks

dsds

Post by Nucks »

Anyone find it funny that they mentioned Sonic the Fighters, for one, when it contradicts Heroes, which pretty much spawned this game? >_>

Not to mention they generally don't mention Fighters anyway? <_<

I call hoax. And I don't care if Sega gave it out. They've made more than their fair share of stupid decisions.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Double-S- wrote:If this actually was a SoA concocted project, then there may be hope.

By "hope" I mean "hope that it may be cancelled".
I thought SoA and SoE were dissolved, with only directly-controlled "offices" left.

Post by Guest »

After seeing the "teaser" Im praying that this is some kind of sick prank

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Anyone find it funny that they mentioned Sonic the Fighters, for one
I actually did find that rather odd, now that you mention it. I guess they just had stock footage of that lying around, though it seems just as strange that they had that and none of Sonic R or something.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I was really hoping that it might be an indication of an upcoming port, but that's probably just wishful thinking.

Another thing I noticed when watching that sucker again was more GUN crates... I guess this thing is going to delve into SA2's story territory.

Koosh Koosh!

Post by Koosh Koosh! »

Hey, I loved Heroes and even I puked up at this. This is a surprise. :( Really, though. This is fucking shite.

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Lizard

Post by Lizard »

Edit: Bah too late! anyway...

Wheee!!! :sad:

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

ZOMG IT'S THE SHADOW AND HE'S GOT A GUN ZOMG

Clearly, this will be the best thing since that time I repeatedly got kicked in the balls.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

They're certainly taking a different approach in setting compared to previous Sonic games </obvious>. I wonder what faction of Sega is developing it?

This is kind of a stupid humorous flash movie, but I'm sure some people at Sega who are making this game must've seen it: <a href="http://69.93.44.18/2459_sonicstereo.swf ... reo.swf</a>

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Rlan wrote: Image

Shadow's gone GANGSTA!

Owen Axel

Post by Owen Axel »

I guess that proves it. Having his inferiority proven by Sonic's larger penis has officially left Shadow forced to compensate. That is certainly a very large gun.

CM August

Post by CM August »

But where the hell is Pimp Eggman?

OMG it's Crazy Penguin

Post by OMG it's Crazy Penguin »

Not only is this fucking stupid in its own right but it's also ridiculously out of character. Why the fuck would he need a gun? He can destroy heavy machinery by simply spinning into it, he can throw energy blasts and teleport. Even if a gun would come in handy (which it wouldn't) why would he use one when he's usually so goddamn cocky and sure of his own abilities? And he spent the ENTIRETY of Sonic Battle saying how much he hated weapons.

Goddamnit Sega.

Heat Packing Penguin

Post by Heat Packing Penguin »

I mean, if they really wanted a Sonic game with guns (which is still bloody stupid) shouldn't they have used Fang the Sniper if anyone?

Cypher

Post by Cypher »

He dies, he comes back, and now hes got a gun

do sega even think about the storylines for this guy or is it just random randomness?

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

Random randomness, naturally.

Shadow's next outing after this will be an edutainment package.

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

A Shadow game should be based around his existing abilities, such as Chaos Control (perhaps in the vein of Mega Drive semi-classic Quack Shot). Forcing a gun on to a character who is supposed to be the ‘ultimate life form’ just lacks imagination. Still, the trailer seems to suggest this game will focus on Shadow’s past, so if the story telling is up to the standard of Sonic Battle, it wont be a total disappointment.
I'm thinking maybe this ISN'T the Sonic game Yuji Naka was talking about for E3. Like maybe it's a surprise game from Sega of America, done sort of on the side. I had... hopes...
Naka-san said the new game would be released at the end of 2005, which would tie in with the release date of the trailer. However, he did say it would be unveiled at E3. He also mentioned that the new game would mix 2D with 3D, which doesn’t occur in this new Shadow game (although, he didn’t specify if he was talking about the Gamecube title or Sonic DS).
10 bucks says Naka comes down on the bunch that concocted this hard. Sonic Xtreme HARD.
After the problems with Sonic Xtreme, I doubt a Sonic game would be able to get past the initial concept stage without Naka’s approval.
I thought SoA and SoE were dissolved, with only directly-controlled "offices" left.
Sega Europe recently opened up a racing game studio, so it seems the divisions still have the power to release new games.

^_^

Craig Bayfield

Post by Craig Bayfield »

DAMMIT!!! Can't I go one week without some fucker brutally raping everything which was once good and pure from my childhood?!

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Anyone remember When Iizuka explained how Gamma came about? He said that people wanted a Sonic game with shooting in it, but they knew it wouldn't suit Sonic's character to carry a gun, so they applied the idea to one of Eggman's robots, and it worked because it made sense and kept to the same tone as the previous games. Now it seems that they've just gone straight for it with a "badass" gun carrying evil Sonic.

Why do companies make horrendous mistakes like this? DON'T give the "fans" what they think they want. It never works.

Omni Hunter

Post by Omni Hunter »

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. This games gonna suck ass, if you have a Sonic style game use the tried and tested method, if it's a gun game with a "realistic" gun then don't use a bloody hedgehog as the gunman, it's lame and looks less threatening than a bright yellow rubber duck in a bubble bath.
Besides, if Sega are going to make a new game then why can't they concentrate on releasing old classics in 3d (Sonic 2 or CD anyone?).
If they want a new style of gameplay for their games why not make a Knuckles game?

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
Anyone find it funny that they mentioned Sonic the Fighters, for one
I actually did find that rather odd, now that you mention it. I guess they just had stock footage of that lying around, though it seems just as strange that they had that and none of Sonic R or something.
The worst thing about this whole thing is that you're going to have to write several thousand words about it, with pictures.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

If they want a new style of gameplay for their games why not make a Knuckles game?
Yeah. And Knuckles Chaotix doesn't count.
Last edited by The Doc on Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

I just got here

Post by j-man »

What the shitting fuck?

Craig Bayfield

Post by Craig Bayfield »

I can't wait for tomorrow's webcomics regarding this. That's the ONLY good thing that shall come of this project is the amount of laughter it shall generate from me before the horrible reality sinks in and the game is released... then the webcomics will attack it again and I'll giggle and then it'll fade into obscurity, under the rug like all the rest of the bullshit all of us want to pretend never happened.