AIM: If you don't have it, GET IT

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

GET IN THE CHAT, BITCHES.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Also, we should probably come up with a standardized name or something.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Yeah, so people can invite themselves.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

A chat with a standardized name? That's always in the same place, all the time? Didn't we have one of those? I think we did, it was called "IRC." Lazy assholes.

:P

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

You are dead to me. *Slaps Netaku with a tuna*

Spazz

Post by Spazz »

Netaku wrote:A chat with a standardized name? That's always in the same place, all the time? Didn't we have one of those? I think we did, it was called "IRC." Lazy assholes.
I'm suprised a chat room where people have to be invited is more successful than a chat where people can come and go whenever they want.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Spazz wrote:I'm suprised a chat room where people have to be invited is more successful than a chat where people can come and go whenever they want.
Pretty much the entire damn internet has AIM, it's easier to use, and people are generally too lazy to learn how to use IRC.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

Delphine wrote:
Spazz wrote:I'm suprised a chat room where people have to be invited is more successful than a chat where people can come and go whenever they want.
Pretty much the entire damn internet has AIM, it's easier to use, and people are generally too lazy to learn how to use IRC.
Which is kind of sad, since you really don't need to know any more than four commands maybe. How to join/leave servers and rooms, how to register your nick, how to give your password, that's it.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

IRC still sucks.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Like your mom!

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

...He was on your side. Why did you-
Never mind. Just forget it.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

...So is the chat room thing kinda "dead", or have I just been getting on at the wrong time?

....Anyone? Anyone?

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I dunno, out of the main ones that joined every night I think all but NT went back to college. I'll still join, but I'm not gonna stay in them until 4 in the morning anymore.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Yeah, exactly.

Grant

Post by Grant »

On the subject of AIM, I found this retarded little gem in the Buddy Info of a gal pal of mine, and I thought I'd share it.

"Girls are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top and boys don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they get the rotten apples on the ground that aren't as good, but are easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, but in reality they are amazing; they just have to wait for the right boy to come along; the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top."

I laughed pretty good at that one, yes. "They get the rotten apples on the ground that aren't as good, but are easy." Oh, man.

Anyone else ever scope out a friend's Buddy Info or Away Message and find something as unintentionally hilarious as this?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I don't know people that stupid, thankfully.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

What he said. People are unintentionally stupid when looking at my profile ("is that an evanecense song lol!!!111!1!??"), but eh.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

I've seen that apple tree one before (quite a while ago), but nothing else really that I can remember.

Grant

Post by Grant »

I guess I just know a lot of dumb people then, because I'm always spotting tons of these dumb things, and it only leaves me shaking my head. Thus is AOL, though.

"BG... Go Falcons!!
0 or so more days till Jake comes home again but then off to iraq :'(

Have you ever wondered which hurts the most? :-\
Saying something and wishing you hadn't? or saying nothing and wishing you had? I guess the most important things are the hardest things to say."

I think this one is funnier, though, because it's much stupider.

"Don't you just hate when you work or work on something for so so long always putting 100% into it. Then you lose time in your day doing this thing which really isnt that fun at the time and takes away from other fun things and is inconvenient but you still do it for the future of however this would benifit you is some other ways along the line. Then when it gets to be that time and you are finished you have nothing to show for it like working on a project that takes forever and you get a C- where the kid that did it in 2 days pulls out a B+. You still benefit from the knowledge you learned but now that you got a C- it really dosnt help you at all cause your grade was the only reason you worked that hard on it, not for theknowledge or anything else. Dont you hate that feeling?? Yeah its sucks ass. I must be on that other shit ya know?"

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I started reading that last paragraph and my head started to hurt after a line and a half.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

As a procrastination master, I take offense to that.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Take offense to what?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Then when it gets to be that time and you are finished you have nothing to show for it like working on a project that takes forever and you get a C- where the kid that did it in 2 days pulls out a B+.
Just because you're a dumbass who can't comprehend the assignment does mean you have to knock me because I'm more efficient.

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

If you ever feel like making fun of someone who REALLY deserves it, I'm "The Doc 913".

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Rlan2