Shorts: Heroes PC Pad · PSII Art & site · SMC+ update

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Shorts: Heroes PC Pad · PSII Art & site · SMC+ update

Post by big_smile »

30 Heroes
:FJ: Sonic Heroes Promotional Pad

A competition is being held by Sega Japan to commemorate the release of Sonic Heroes PC. Lucky tickets have been placed in 30 copies of the game, which can be redeemed for this special Sonic edition Saturn-styled PC pad:

It’s a Phantasy come Two
:FJ: Phantasy Star II art work supervised by Sonic Team · Website launches
Sega Japan have launched a new website for the Sega Ages version of Phantasy Star Generation II. The site features character, story and game play information, presented with art work from the game, which, as with the first Phantasy Star title, has been produced under the supervision of Sonic Team.
ImageImageImage

The game will be released in Japan on February 24, 2005 in a special pack containing this note book:

Three is not the Magic Number
:FJ: Mega Collection site update
The Sonic Mega Collection website has been updated with profiles for Sonic 3D, Spinball and Mean Bean Machine. They all share the same page, so don’t expect to learn anything new.
Last edited by big_smile on Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

'Bout time we got some info on PSII Ages! I was begining to think that Sega canned it. And big_smile, I got an error when I tried to click on your PSII ages link. I think you meant to use this one here.

And god, they screwed up Nei's redesign there. Rolf is fine though.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I want that Sonic pad and PSII Ages.

Incidentally, when are those stupid Ages collections going to be released here?

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

According to Conspiracy Games game list, it is supposed to come out the first quarter of 2005. But that seems pretty far-fetched seeing that PSII Ages is supposedly comming out in Feb '05 and we haven't heard anything on PSIV Ages.

Also, they list the Sega Ages: Classic Collection as a third quarter 2004 release, but I haven't seen the compilation anywhere. Has anyone else?

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

Ngangbius wrote:'Bout time we got some info on PSII Ages! I was begining to think that Sega canned it. And big_smile, I got an error when I tried to click on your PSII ages link. I think you meant to use this one here.
That link is just the game fact page. I've corrected the link for the game's actual site (The original link was working before - I'm not sure what happened). Thanks for pointing it out. ^_^

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

I was thinking that a live-action PSO movie would probably work...

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

big_smile wrote:
Ngangbius wrote:'Bout time we got some info on PSII Ages! I was begining to think that Sega canned it. And big_smile, I got an error when I tried to click on your PSII ages link. I think you meant to use this one here.
That link is just the game fact page. I've corrected the link for the game's actual site (The original link was working before - I'm not sure what happened). Thanks for pointing it out. ^_^
You welcome. And yep, the really screwed up Nei--specifically her ears. Compare her orignal look:

to this:

=/

Her redesigned outfit looks cute though. Still, I cringe to see what they are going to do to Rika.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Ngangbius wrote:You welcome. And yep, the really screwed up Nei--specifically her ears. Compare her orignal look:

to this:

=/

Her redesigned outfit looks cute though. Still, I cringe to see what they are going to do to Rika.
Is it wrong of me to not find that change a very big deal? I mean, something I could easily live with.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

VERY WRONG!! Actually I don't find the change that big at all. The ears look more or less the same to me. Can't please everyone I spose.

Ngangbius

Post by Ngangbius »

It's not like I'm saying "OMFGBBQ!! NEI IS OOGLY SO I"M NOT GOING TO BUY THIS SEGA CRAP LOLLLERZ!!!!11!!" In fact, I'm hyped up about this remake and well purchse the trilogy regardless of Nei's design. It's just that I feel that they screwed up on that part. I mean she looks more like a medocre elf than a cat-like girl. It mainly has to do with the size of the ears and their position on her head.

THEbigLANDMAN

Re: Shorts: Heroes PC Pad · PSII Art & site · SMC+ upd

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

big_smile wrote:The game will be released in Japan on February 24, 2005 in a special pack containing this note book:
That's just a Card that is included in all the ages, the Special Edition of the first volume, Phantasy Star Generation One, included the binder to file them

Image Image

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Was the original Phantasy Star remade under the supervision of Sonic Team? Was it any good? I never really heard anything about it. And when are they coming out here? Yes I'm a curious person, BTW they certainly did mess up Nei's design...

THEbigLANDMAN

Post by THEbigLANDMAN »

There is no supervision of Sonic Team in the sega ages, but the Phantasy Star remakes have new designs to look all them more similar to PSII/PSO designs/world, maybe designed by the same people who designed PSO characters, I don’t know

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Akikazu Mizuno, the PSO art guy, did the cover art and maybe some in-game art for the PS Ages remake, but I believe that was the extent of Sonic Team's involvement.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Who played Phantasy Star Generation I? I really wanna know about the music. PS music was one of the best game music of all time (at least for me. must've marked my childhood), composed by that Bo guy, who made nearly every cool Sega music during those happy times.

Segata

Re: Shorts: Heroes PC Pad · PSII Art & site · SMC+ upd

Post by Segata »

big_smile wrote:Lucky tickets have been placed in 30 copies of the game, which can be redeemed for this special Sonic edition Saturn-styled PC pad
Willy Wonka style. You've got to respect that.