He who interpretes this dream....

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Wooduck51

He who interpretes this dream....

Post by Wooduck51 »

I dreamt this past night there was a mighty house in the countryside. The house was the GHZ, and within, in the kitchen with its ancient barnwood walls stood Green Gibbon! He stood there in his black cardigan and jeans, staring out the bay windows at the grey countryside, shreds of fog were strewn across it, and all was in the chill grip of a soon coming winter. GG! was tense, something troubled him, something ill was coming but the nature of it was uncertain, would the GHZ survive this?

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Re: He who interpretes this dream....

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

You shouldn't watch Twin Peaks, tool around here, and then go to bed in quick succession.

Speaking of which, does anybody know anything about the whereabouts of Green Gibbon!? Did he manage to abandon this wretched hive, slip quietly into the Japanese countryside, and find a nice girl sharing all his sexual kinks?

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Wooduck's dream was an omen. Sonic Forces will finally succeed in killing this forum for good. RIP

It's pretty sobering that GG! hasn't even logged in in over half a decade. (And that his last posts weren't even in a thread about video games.) Unless I'm misremembering something, a few weeks went by in August 2012 where there were no new posts at all, so maybe he assumed everyone else had just moved on and followed suit?

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

He's been in Japan the whole time. What he used to post here he now posts on Facebook. ie, game and cereal reviews.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I don't think the forum will ever actually die unless we mount a campaign to destroy it for good.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Wombatwarlord777 wrote:You shouldn't watch Twin Peaks, tool around here, and then go to bed in quick succession.

The Best part is I hadn't been here for at least three weeks; it was certainly an unusual occurrence.

Wombatwarlord777

This place is basically the Sonic fandom's old mens' club. That has it's own advantages, but it'd be nice to get a new personality here every now and again.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

But there is a God in heaven that revealeth mysteries, Who hath shewn to thee, O perching waterfowl, what is to come to pass in the latter times. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, and the interpretation thereof, are these:

The house thou didst see was indeed the GHZ, a kingdom mighty in tenure, and articulation of speech, and glory above all Sonic fansites. The countryside wherein it dwelt is the Sonic fandom, grey and withering as a garden strangled by the thistle and the tare, which are the furry and the modern Sonic game. The spectre of our departed founder thou didst find taking meat (Crunch Berries) amidst venerable walls of well-weathered timber. This is Sonic Mania, whose tested and true formula even now nourisheth the inhabitants of the house, long desirous of such delicacies.

Yet the meal wast interrupted, and he stood apart clad in sandals and coat, whose color is mourning and whose fabric is girt against cold, and dread fell over him as he beheld the creeping advance of iniquitous mist, the foulness of which didst fill the whole earth. This mist which thou sawest, O noble bird, is Sonic Forces, whose corruption shall envelop the fandom and smother it with perversity and contentions. And whereas thou didst perceive the coming season of death, whose herald the mist was, so shall Forces be a sign of the coming of an age of famine and pestilence, wherein no relief of passable Sonic games will be found, but only wormwood and gall: the like to it hath not been from the beginning, nor shall be after it even to the years of generation and generation. For the wicked Iizuka will banish Taxman and Stealth in his envy, and shall rule over all the franchise, and shall persecute the fandom with a blasphemous and irrational continuity. But in the days of those games, the God of heaven will set up a Sonic Team that shall never be destroyed, and His Sonic Team shall not be delivered up to another company: and it shall break in pieces, and shall consume all other Sonic Teams: and itself shall stand for ever. And Iizuka He shall beat as small as the dust before the wind; He shall bring him to nought, like the dirt in the streets.

According as thou sawest, the great God hath shewn the Carolina duck what shall come to pass hereafter, and the dream is true, and the interpretation thereof is faithful.

Wombatwarlord777

Sonic Forces is Iizuka coming to embrace his role as the Eleventh Avatar of Lord Vishnu, God of Divine Destruction and Restoration. Although mercifully, cosmic forces have recognized this particular vessel's innate daftness, and thus have made his preferred method of destruction Sonic OCs.

And thus the world has been saved from being reborn as a singular linear path suspended over a howling, endless void. Sorry Vishnu, better luck next time.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Frieza2000 wrote:But there is a God in heaven that revealeth mysteries, Who hath shewn to thee, O perching waterfowl, what is to come to pass in the latter times. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, and the interpretation thereof, are these..*interpretation of the dream*.......according as thou sawest, the great God hath shewn the Carolina duck what shall come to pass hereafter, and the dream is true, and the interpretation thereof is faithful.
That was beautiful and hilarious and so spot on in the most perfect of ways.

As it has been spoken....

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Popcorn wrote:He's been in Japan the whole time. What he used to post here he now posts on Facebook. ie, game and cereal reviews.
He's on Facebook? I'm guessing it's friends-only?

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:
Popcorn wrote:He's been in Japan the whole time. What he used to post here he now posts on Facebook. ie, game and cereal reviews.
He's on Facebook? I'm guessing it's friends-only?

Doesn't appear that way (or at least not totally), unless there is another Jared Matte on facebook who lives in Japan and whose interests are "women" and likes to post about breakfast cereal.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Could somebody paste his Mania review in the relevant topic? For old times' sake?

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

I was hoping that Mania might bring back some of the old forum regulars, but it's great to hear that GG! is still around.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Since for all intents and purposes this is the GG! Is still alive thread, here is the closest to a review that is available from the publicly shared part of the page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

If someone knows a better place to put this, please do.

Hopefully he swears not revenge upon me because I have blown his cover.

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I went to Japan the past three/four weeks and hung out with Jared and stayed at his place for three days.

He's pretty short. Nice guy though. A heck of a sweet tooth.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Good to hear he is doing well(?)

I have found it quite interesting ( and most welcome) how this here GHZ forum has brought together so many different people, not only on the interwebs, but also from time to time in the real world (for lack of a better term coming to mind currently) as well. In my case at least it has been an oddly mixed bag, as I have not been around here anywhere long enough to have formed the close commradare of the original long standing members , but have taken part just long enough to miss some of those who have moved on (though thankfully it has been nice to see that it is not as many as I have thought at times!)

And related to the old guard; is Segaholic still the administrator proper? Or has he, in tired dissapointment with the state of the franchise, passed care to others?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Cuckooguy wrote:I went to Japan the past three/four weeks and hung out with Jared and stayed at his place for three days.

He's pretty short. Nice guy though. A heck of a sweet tooth.
How many cereals in his cupboard?

Cuckooguy
LEGEND
Now Playing: Sonic Generations 3DS, Asura's Wrath

Post by Cuckooguy »

I saw about 15 boxes on the floor of his kitchen. I imagine there's about 50 more boxes hidden around like easter eggs.