This confuses me too deeply to think of a title

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

This confuses me too deeply to think of a title

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Re: This confuses me too deeply to think of a title

Post by Delphine »

One time I saw Sonic dancing with a hobo in Hollywood. Sadly I did not have my camera with me.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

The most confusing thing was that they used the old Sonic 2 Super Sonic theme and the 1-up music from Sonic 3 but not Classic Sonic. The fact that the doesn't talk (in the mode of his classic version) makes it weirder.

(not that I actually disliked any of these things!)

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

That battles me, Sega has hired a good actor to play the character and Sonic doesn't even vocalize nonwords in this commercial like he did in the shorts included sonic unleashed. This commercial implies that sonic communicates by conjuring music and sees live people as cartoon characters.

Also. . . WHY DOES SONIC NEED INSURANCE?!

I find it strangely encouraging however, this seems to be the first time Sega has acknowledged that there are adult fans (outside of conventions and some PR stunts). So I actually find this commercial to be strangely comforting.

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

M.C.Dillinger wrote:
Also. . . WHY DOES SONIC NEED INSURANCE?!

Well, someone needs to pay for all those Tornado crashes.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Well the music is consistently Sonic 3 -- that's the Sonic 3 (without S&K) invincibility theme, not the Sonic 2 Super Sonic theme.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Sniffnoy wrote:Well the music is consistently Sonic 3 -- that's the Sonic 3 (without S&K) invincibility theme, not the Sonic 2 Super Sonic theme.
Oh crap, you're right. How the hell did I get that wrong? I need to go kill myself to atone for this now.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

I can't help but cringe when I see this. I dislike commercials in general and this one in particular only reminds me of how old I've become.

Also, Sonic 3's Invincibility Theme sucks and is annoying. Sonic 3's exclusive tunes are generally weak for that era of the franchise.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Man you're right, that... that was deeply bizarre.

I dunno! Like, it's been a while since he had his own brand of Spaghetti-O's. Sonic being connected to anything but a product I immediately associate with video games is pretty fucking weird!
Delphine wrote:One time I saw Sonic dancing with a hobo in Hollywood. Sadly I did not have my camera with me.
The idea of a man in a Sonic mascot getup busting a rug with a smelly homeless man warms my stony heart.

Dash

Post by Dash »

Strangely enough, I'm needing some auto insurance and Progressive is a strong consideration. I suppose this is a sign that SEGA can read my thoughts. That said, maybe he could use some coverage for his Cyclone car... though I've always imagined him just keeping it at Tails' workshop and polishing it as a trophy. Gotta have something to show to Naka and his Ferrari.
Wombatwarlord777 wrote: Sonic 3's exclusive tunes are generally weak for that era of the franchise.
Mini-boss theme disagrees. Come on! I won't fight you on the Super Sonic loop though. Too bad they didn't try a Yoshi method of adding some kind of overlay to the level music, or even started a Sonic CD-like remix.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

This...pleases me. I know they're just trying to sell me shit, and that should upset me, but the implication that Sonic is relevant enough to help Progressive's sales is reassuring.
Also, I like Flo.

The insurance companies seem to have really good/fun (or at lease memorable) ad campaigns. I suppose it's because they're flush with money from taking in payments every month and doing everything in their power to avoid paying claims.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Dash wrote:
Wombatwarlord777 wrote: Sonic 3's exclusive tunes are generally weak for that era of the franchise.
Mini-boss theme disagrees. Come on! I won't fight you on the Super Sonic loop though. Too bad they didn't try a Yoshi method of adding some kind of overlay to the level music, or even started a Sonic CD-like remix.
The problem with the Super Sonic music in Sonic 3 / S3&K is that there wasn't one, they just reused the invincibility theme...

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I loved how sonic didn't talk. Let's fire all the voice actors.

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

Radrappy wrote:I loved how sonic didn't talk. Let's fire all the voice actors.
Sonic not talking? That would somewhat resemble the Sonic we know from the Genesis era. Sega would never go for it.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Even though I find Progressive commercials annoying, seeing that made me all giddy like a little child.
Radrappy wrote: I loved how sonic didn't talk. Let's fire all the voice actors.
After playing Generations, I agree. Yikes.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Dash wrote:Strangely enough, I'm needing some auto insurance and Progressive is a strong consideration. I suppose this is a sign that SEGA can read my thoughts.
All of my friends know that I'm a Sonic fan and they often exaggerate my fandom. I was once highly considering getting a Chevrolet Sonic, but feel like I can't.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Drift 2 uses S3's invincibility theme. Apropos!