Sonic Generations

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Re: Sonic Generations

Post by Farmer »

If there is a PC version at all, which is still MIA.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Looking more likely, though that one again references the 3DS version improperly, unless the PC version is also going to support stereoscopic graphics.

Alexrd
Now Playing: Proun

Post by Alexrd »

Farmer wrote:If there is a PC version at all, which is still MIA.
Indeed. But I'm counting on it.
K2J wrote:Looking more likely, though that one again references the 3DS version improperly, unless the PC version is also going to support stereoscopic graphics.
The console versions, not just the 3DS, will support stereoscopic 3D. Besides, they have the system requirenments.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

I'd say it's pretty damn safe to assume that the PC version exists. It's looking like it'll release at the same time as the console versions too.

Alexrd

Post by Alexrd »

Neo

Post by Neo »

Cry more.

Alexrd

Post by Alexrd »

Neo wrote:Cry more.
What?

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Cry moar.

Silver piccies.

Its a bit sad that all the Vs Rival bosses seem to be different versions of the same thing.

There is something weird about Tony Hawk promoting games that dont have his name in.

Neo

Post by Neo »

It still baffles me how they really seem to want people not to forget Sonic 2006 happened. You have nine stages, and out of all the 50+ games you have to pick from, you pick that one? Both a stage AND a boss fight? There can't possibly be a big enough public demand to warrant including it, which means someone on the inside is pushing orders around, the thought of which frightens me a little.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Any idea if the PC version will have Team Fortress pre-order items?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I guess if they're going to have a rival racing-based boss battle for each of the three eras, (with Metal in the first and Shadow in the second), Silver's the logical choice. He certainly... defines an era.

I get the impression Silver is actually reasonably popular with some of the younger chunks of the Sonic audience. They keep making the action figures... someone must be buying them. And look at all the happy campers in that Facebook thread! So I'm not surprised to see him in there, even though I'd personally prefer they relegated him to one of those "missing" posters.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

If I can separate him from 06, I don't HATE silver. He's just a little too fan charactery. Gross design and everything.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

Does that really make a difference, especially the Steamworks part? I never understood the whole Steamworks hate.

But that is good news.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Esrever wrote:I guess if they're going to have a rival racing-based boss battle for each of the three eras, (with Metal in the first and Shadow in the second), Silver's the logical choice. He certainly... defines an era.

I get the impression Silver is actually reasonably popular with some of the younger chunks of the Sonic audience. They keep making the action figures... someone must be buying them. And look at all the happy campers in that Facebook thread! So I'm not surprised to see him in there, even though I'd personally prefer they relegated him to one of those "missing" posters.
I dunno, man... I would've preferred Blaze. Bland as the Sonic Rush environments may be they're more interesting than ANOTHER CITY LEVEL and we could've gotten some Naganuma as part of the deal. OH BUT WAIT PORTABLE GAMES DON'T GO IN THE HOME CONSOLE VERSION. Yeah, thank god Blaze is probably going to end up on the visually beautiful and obviously deeply loved 3DS abortion version.

Alexrd

Post by Alexrd »

Farmer wrote:
Does that really make a difference, especially the Steamworks part?
If I want a retail version without unnecessary and obligatory installation of certain "programs", yes. It makes a difference.
Farmer wrote:I never understood the whole Steamworks hate.
If it was optional, I wouldn't hate it.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

M.C.Dillinger wrote:Any idea if the PC version will have Team Fortress pre-order items?
It saddens me that I would actually LIKE this to happen. :C

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

G.Silver posted this a while back. Is that what you're imagining?

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

K2J wrote:G.Silver posted this a while back. Is that what you're imagining?
that is EXACTLY what I want.

Normally the constant promotional items annoy me but aside from being a hopeless fan boy sonics world isn't that far off from Team Fortress. The only other promotional items I could think of would be Amy's Piku Piku hammer for the Pyro and red tennis shoes for the Scout. But I'm sure there's something better that could happen.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Neo wrote:There can't possibly be a big enough public demand to warrant including it,
I've wondered about this myself, and people still keep telling me that the game turned a profit in the end - probably not much of one, but a profit nonetheless. I haven't bothered to ask what the sources are on those sales figures, but food for thought.
which means someone on the inside is pushing orders around, the thought of which frightens me a little.
This is at all suprising?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Last I heard, '06 had sold at least a couple million copies, with the bulk of those from it's time as a budget title.

Which makes sense to me! Maybe it's just my inner cynic, but I'd attribute the initial low sales less to the poor quality of the game and more to the lack of children and families with PS3s and 360s in their houses at the time it launched. In the early, expensive years, both those consoles were selling primarily to older gamers... the folks most likely to "just say no" to Sonic '06. But as a budget re-release during the first round of console price drops, it was probably pretty well positioned to get snapped up by families who'd finally taken the plunge on a next gen system and were looking for some cheap games for the kids.

I just kind of imagine there are a lot of ten- and eleven-year-olds out there who, god help them, were introduced to Sonic by '06. And I don't know about you guys, but when I was that age, I was willing to tolerate ALL KINDS of horrible gameplay or glitches in a game if I thought the characters were cool. '06 is a trainwreck, but it still has Sonic in it, and he still does your traditional neat Sonic-y stuff at least ten or fifteen percent of the time, when he's not falling through the ground or making out with human women. Enough of the stuff I loved about Sonic when I was ten is still in there... I can see why a kid could walk away from that game thinking that Sonic was cool and becoming a new fan.

I like to imagine that it's those kids who passionately defend '06 and Silver, and are excited by their inclusion in Generations. Of course, maybe they're all really 30-year-old men, and I'm just trying to come up with another explanation to make myself feel better.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

no that's accurate. The people who defend 06 and silver all definitely 16 and under. I understand that nostalgia is powerful and don't want things to turn into one of those "my nostalgia trumps your nostalgia" kinds of things but hey.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

There are people who passionately defend Silver? I actually kinda like Silver (mostly because of his adjacentness to Blaze, the only character created after Knuckles I give a shit about and an ok game gimmick), and I can't ever think of anyone besides myself ever saying anything good about him.

Radrappy

Post by Radrappy »

well, no not on this forum. Unless PPA has anything to say about this?

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

It's funny you say that Zeta, Silver's association with Blaze makes me like him less.

Alexrd

Post by Alexrd »

So, it seems a retail PC version will be released in Europe later in November.

Everything went better than expected...