Sonic the Pagemaster 3

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Zeta

Sonic the Pagemaster 3

Post by Zeta »

A SEGA rep has confirmed that Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight were two entries in a trilogy, the third of which will arrive sometime in the future. Thus the so-called "Sonic Storybook" series will be complete.

This information was gleaned during a public chat with SEGA Mexico.
http://www.destructoid.com/sega-making- ... 4979.phtml

If the last game is not Sonic and the Journey to the West or Sonic and the Wizard of Oz, I'll be pretty damn annoyed.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Re: Sonic the Pagemaster 3

Post by FlashTHD »

A SEGA rep
[...]
This information was gleaned during a public chat with SEGA Mexico.
File under "believe what you want to believe (at your own peril)".

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

remember when they mentioned they would be giving sonic a break? hoho what a lark!

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

For God's sake, Sega.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

More interested in the Sonic & Sega All-Stars game that was hinted at. Wouldn't say no to Sumo Digital taking a stab at a fighting game.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

It's kind of funny how the rep backtracked about the leaks a bit later. (There's an article on TSSZ that I'm too lazy to link to.)
As if we're supposed to believe that he had no insider knowledge. I just hope the poor guy doesn't loose his job over it.
During the chat, Tails Adventure on the Game Gear somehow came up, and the Mexico rep was asked if we'd see another portable Tails game. The reply was quite interesting: "Something like a Sonic Adventure 3 ... DS? I think that would be a great idea."
Interesting how he brought up 'Sonic Adventure 3' when people ask about Tails games.

I know that probably doesn't mean anything, but the ever hopefully fanboy in me can't help but think,
"Tails' leading role in Sonic Adventure 3 on 3DS confirmed!"

Wasn't it Kogen who mentioned how Tails Adventure appeared more than once on the game background at Sonic Channel?

lol This is just sad. I'm like Russel Crowe in A Beautiful Mind, seeing hidden clues that aren't there...

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Die Leiden des jungen Shadow.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

"The Sorrows of Young Shadow"? Is that your guess for Iizuka's SA 3 subtitle?

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

MiraiTails wrote:It's kind of funny how the rep backtracked about the leaks a bit later. (There's an article on TSSZ that I'm too lazy to link to.)
As if we're supposed to believe that he had no insider knowledge. I just hope the poor guy doesn't loose his job over it.
During the chat, Tails Adventure on the Game Gear somehow came up, and the Mexico rep was asked if we'd see another portable Tails game. The reply was quite interesting: "Something like a Sonic Adventure 3 ... DS? I think that would be a great idea."
Interesting how he brought up 'Sonic Adventure 3' when people ask about Tails games.

I know that probably doesn't mean anything, but the ever hopefully fanboy in me can't help but think,
"Tails' leading role in Sonic Adventure 3 on 3DS confirmed!"

Wasn't it Kogen who mentioned how Tails Adventure appeared more than once on the game background at Sonic Channel?

lol This is just sad. I'm like Russel Crowe in A Beautiful Mind, seeing hidden clues that aren't there...
Sounds to me more like he just heard the word "Adventure" and got the wrong idea.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

MiraiTails wrote:Interesting how he brought up 'Sonic Adventure 3
Sonic Adventure 3DS. Same thing Nintendo are doing with Ocarina of Time.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

MiraiTails wrote:"The Sorrows of Young Shadow"? Is that your guess for Iizuka's SA 3 subtitle?
Nay, the new entry in the storybook series.
(For those unenlightened, „Die Leiden des jungen Werther“/“The sorrows of young Werther” was and is an inexplicably popular and overrated book by Goethe, which details obnoxiously the woes of limerence of a the titular detestable, egocentric young man Werther, narrated in the forum of letters. At least until after the extremely lengthy lapse into a parade of more or less—largely less—related Greek mythological figures for the sole purpose of being Greek mythological figures and taking up space—something Goethe seems to be very fond of, as also seen in the second part of Faust which was so terrible I could not even bring myself to read the second half—it cuts into third person narration and eventually ends with the well-earned suicide of Werther.
Somehow, this abomination of literature managed to gain a lot of fame and even inspired countless imitators to dress up and even kill themselves like Werther did, which caused it to be banned in a few German states for a while.

tl;dr it is badly written and painfully emo, and thus perfect for a Sonic adaption!

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I wouldn't mind a Sonic in Wonderland.

I doubt they'd release a third game on anything other than Wii. And I don't think Sega is bold enough to let Sonic be the Wii's swan song.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

For some reason I gave this thought (It must've been to keep my mind off of the dry heaves). I'm wagering that this'll be based on Gulliver's Travels: Charmy will be a Lilliputian, Big a Brobdingnagian, Knuckles a Laputan, etc.

It'd be a strategic choice too; no more damage can be done to the source material after Jack Black wiped his ass with it.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

I kinda want it to be based on the Railway Series. Then with the tag line - "With on rails action like you've never seen!" on the box.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Sonic the Tank Engine?