The Official Poll Suggestion Thread

Because death would've been too merciful.
cjmcray

Re: The Official Poll Suggestion Thread

Post by cjmcray »

P.P.A. wrote:Chao in Dead Space!
Or, Silent Green Hill. :evil:

Jogurt
Now Playing: Shining Force

Post by Jogurt »

Oh definitely a FPS. You could call it: "Emeralds Of Honor: Hogs Of War"
It would play exactly like the "It's War!" chapter of Conker's Bad Fur Day, except the Teddiz would be replaced by Swatbots and other assorted Badnicks.
The best feature by far would be the Optional Annoying NPC Friendly Fire.

I get chills of excitement just thinking about it.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

The Unreal Engine is just what the franchise needs at this point. Something that tells the
basement-dwelling, mountain-dew chugging, G4-watching masses of gamers that Sonic can be just as hardcore as Master Chief.

I personally have always wanted to use a grenade launcher on Silver.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

You guys spoil me. Now that a Sonic first-person shooter has been mentioned, I want to see it officially released, just so I can laugh at it and chide it inside and out and generally feel superior.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Well Sonic Robo Blast, while not actually first person, uses a modified Doom engine, so you could always complain about that instead.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Crowbar wrote:Well Sonic Robo Blast 2, while not actually first person, uses a modified Doom engine, so you could always complain about that instead.
hurr fix

Its' single player (spoilers toward the end) is good fun in spite of still being half finished and a little bit creaky in places, and the multiplayer is the best time I have had with anything with Sonic attached to it in years. (unfortunately, their master server has been offline for a month due to a hard drive death.) It's also, by extension of course, moddable out the wazoo. Ignore Holic on this one, this is cool shit.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Would you like to see a new poll?

-yes
-no

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Well, Sonic Robot blast 2 has been in development way more than any Sonic game (Five years) I remember the early versions, they looked like crap.

Do you want a new Sonic game?

-yes

-no

Wombatwarlord777

Sonic Robo Blast 2 has been in development for way longer than that (more than 10 years in its 3D Doom-engine incarnation!), but the product that has developed is pretty amazing, especially when you consider that it's being made by a rather nebulous team of amateurs on their own free time. The fact that SRB2 hasn't been completely discarded due to lack of developer interest after all these years is pretty amazing in itself.

My suggestion for a "weekly" poll:

Are you interested in seeing further applications of motion technology in mainstream gaming?

- Yea
- Nah

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Sonic 4 episode 2!

-optimistic
-pessimistic

Neo

Post by Neo »

cjmcray wrote:Sonic 4 episode 2!

-optimistic
-pessimistic
-apathetic

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

fart

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Maybe you should see a doctor about that.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Would you eat Green Eggs and Ham?

-No I Will not, Sam I am.
-Yes, Yes I will try Green Eggs and Ham!

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Why exactly did we stop doing polls?

Anyway, one more suggestion:

Is story important to you in a Sonic Game?

-Yes, A good narrative can help provide a richer gaming experience
-No, all that matters is good gameplay

Wombatwarlord777

Mmm... Nah, it's nice, but it doesn't compare to good gameplay. I just revisited Sonic Advance and boy-howdy, did I forget how enjoyable that game was in certain parts.

Not really a poll idea but more a possible thread either here or on the main board if enough people are interested... What's your favorite Sonic game? And also, what do you enjoy the most in that particular game, and have your tastes changed over the years?

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

How about "favorite GHZ themes"?
  • Sonic 1's*
  • Sonic 2 (8-bit)
  • Sonic Chaos/Sonic & Tails**
  • Sonic Drift
  • Sonic Blast/G Sonic
  • Sonic Advance**
*I dunno if reused compositions like those appearing in 8-bit, Adventure 2, and Generations count (to say nothing of the surprising reuse of Neo Green Hill Zone) but discussion about the merits between multiple versions is both likely and welcome.

**Are "Mecha" and "Neo" pushing the definition? Even if Mecha reuses Green Hills Zones music, which itself is just YCDA, I think its different enough. (And, no, I don't think 2 8-bit's pluralizing "hills" is significant to even factor.)

Wombatwarlord777

If you're talking about aesthetic GHZ clones, I'd at least keep Neo Green Hill. In fact, I'd add Emerald Hill, Seaside Hill, and Sunset Hill.

Aesthetically... Probably Neo Green Hill. It's pretty much the same as its inspiration, except a little more... statelier, I guess. Also, I like Neo's pale cyan sky better than Green Hill's dark blue sky. Ultimately it comes down to little things like that.

Musically... It's a tie between Emerald Hill and Sonic Generation's classic Green Hill. Emerald Hill's slightly distressed and alarming tone is perfect for that level because your big, dangerous foe is back and is a bigger threat than before, but it's still the first level so the music doesn't get too intense or panicky. The latter plays up Green Hill's intrinsic natural and otherworldly qualities, which were the parts of the original level and its music that I most enjoyed.

Hill hill hill ad nauseum.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

No, I meant music-wise. And I meant THE GHZ, the one on South Island. I dunno where Advance takes place, so I'm not sure if Neo's a clone or whatever. It's also this reason I've excluded Sonic the Fighters, which does have a stage set on South Island but not specifically the GHZ (it should've shown up in Smash Bros. all the same since it's a thematically appropriate fighting game theme).

Wombatwarlord777

I don't know, I've always considered each "zone" to be a distinct place, except for explicit and obvious rethreads like the GHZ in Generations (literally in the Classic 3DS level!) or in Sonic Chronicles.

So, for example, in my ridiculous way of thinking, Green Hills Zone is the little vale more-or-less adjacent of the more well-known Green Hill Zone, whose only real distinction is different flowers. It's kind of like how in my headcanon, Balloon Park is an area right next to Carnival Night, related but different enough to be considered a different place.

Now, to elaborate on your actual question, I've always been impressed by the sound quality of the Sonic 1 Master System game. It's Green Hill theme manages to capture a lot of the same feel that the Mega Drive version does, in spite of more limited instrumentation.

Wombatwarlord777

Another question: On its own merits, which is a better game: Sonic 3 or Sonic & Knuckles?