A Dream

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Blount

Re: A Dream

Post by Blount »

Frieza2000 wrote:When I became a programmer I was worried that I'd be seeing code in my sleep but it's never happened.
Oh, I actually do get that sometimes. I'm a programmer myself, and while I don't usually dream in code, it does happen whenever I spend too much time scripting, especially if I'm having trouble finding a solution. I go to bed thinking about the problem and then I start dreaming about random stuff as usual, but soon, things start going wrong and I try to solve them through code, even when it has nothing to do with programming! It's a rare occurrence, though, as I'm not usually obsessed when I'm not being pressured.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Last night, prompted by Blizzard's preview of Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, I had a dream that my Zerg Overlords were detectors again. :/

And a few nights ago, I had one of those dreams that's almost indistinguishable from real life. Unfortunately, it involved me sleeping in until about 4 in the afternoon, with me still being too tired to even move.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

My head dreamed up a video game.

Post by P.P.A. »

During my daily afternoon nap—which seems to have lasted about one hour and a half today—I dreamt of a video game which, as far as I know, does not actually exist. It was a Game Boy Advance game (although the graphics were very simplistic, with very small sprites and little detail, but still slightly above GBC quality) and about diving.

The story and cutscenes seemed a bit too mature for the whole affair: The boy who was the main character had a baby brother who had been cursed in some ways (it seemed like a magic sleep/coma, but it could still cry and stuff—dream logic), and who was hosting in his body the spirit of some kind of golden sea goddess; the aim of the game was apparently to lift the curse on the baby brother and to free the goddess, or to fulfil a kind of prophecy the brother had been supposed to fulfil but was unable to due to the curse. The main character was accompanied by two girls: A busty and tall girl who later revealed herself to have been the former fiancée of his brother, but, since he was cursed and unable to fulfil his duties, she had been given to him instead, apparently not minding it much as she was fairly assertive. The other one was more modest and mature, yet of smaller physique. I believe she was some kind of childhood friend or the sister of the main character, taking on a protective and corrective role.

However, to the gameplay: You controlled the boy—a very small sprite—with the d-pad: Pressing left or right would turn it counter-clockwise and clockwise, respectively, A seemed to make the sprite swim into the chosen direction, and B seemed to be a boost of some sort. The controls struck me as a little counter-intuitive, but they worked and I got used to them after a while. The stages seemed relatively open; there was a goal at the end of each stage, but there were multiple ways to it (despite the game being 2D—maybe it made use of a map where you could freely navigate while on the surface, and then it switched to side-scrolling once you dove?), and the way there was obstructed by inherently deadly underwater fauna(sometimes just swimming around in present paths, at other times homing in on you), currents that tossed you around, and in the second stage (which was set in the North Sea and apparently got an environmental twist) you also avoided the giant drills of an oil platform.

I don’t recall any music, except for the one playing whenever the main character died, which was oddly reminiscent of Donkey Kong ’93.

Lastly, the reason I played the game was because an online friend of mine had urged me to. Uh, yes. That is all. Discuss.

Neo

Re: My head dreamed up a video game.

Post by Neo »

P.P.A. wrote:A busty and tall girl
I would make a joke about how it was actually a wet dream, but then again given your past repertoire that wouldn't exactly be your kind of fetish mater-
P.P.A. wrote:modest and mature, yet of smaller physique
BINGO

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Well, considering the game’s theme, it was indeed a wet dream.

(And for the record, no, there was only harmless dialogue.)

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Green Gibbon! wrote: Thou shalt not use the forum as thy personal blog.
Do not start a thread to discuss recent events from your personal life. Relevant quips and/or amusing anecdotes are welcome, but if you're just going to babble about what you did over the weekend or boo-hoo over your lost love, take it somewhere else. This isn't a teen hotline.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

Perhaps we should have one, condensed dream thread. I feel the need to tell you all about the dream where I explained dihybrid inheritance to a Gorilla.

Jingles

Post by Jingles »

Farmer wrote:Perhaps we should have one, condensed dream thread. I feel the need to tell you all about the dream where I explained dihybrid inheritance to a Gorilla.

Isn't that what the thread A Dream (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2964) is supposed to be?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

The irony is delicious.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

well obviously the person who made the rules can break them on a daily basis.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Last night I dreamt that I was playing Sonic 1, and as I was breaking the crystals around the Chaos Emerald one of them turned into a GOAL spot and I lost the Special Stage. What the hell??

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Zombie monkeys qualifies as an amusing anecdote.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I had a dream last night that involved me getting stuck doing a mundane task that prevented me from doing something important. In this one, I was supposed to stand up in my friend's wedding and I didn't have black socks. For some reason, I couldn't tell what color the socks were until they were both on my feet. Most of them were white or navy. I saw the bride walk by my door and I could hear them starting the ceremony down the hall. The last socks that I put on were rainbow toe-socks. "Where the hell did these come from?" I thought in a panic. /dream

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I just had a dream where Dr. Claw and MAD were somehow responsible for the cancellation of Legends 3.

...I think I've been watching a bit too much Inspector Gadget on Netflix.

MiraiTails

Post by MiraiTails »

Well, maybe Dr. Claw just doesn't like any robots. Speaking of which, is Inspector Gadget a robot, or is it more of a Robocop sort of thing?

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

The cartoon never really says either way--though if you go by the Disney movie, it's definitely a RoboCop-esque origin.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Well, considering the fact that Penny calls Gadget her "Uncle" I'd say he's human.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

...A human with mechanical parts inside of him, no less.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I think the term is "cyborg".