New Mario and Sonic.. with no Olympic bullshit?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
cjmcray

New Mario and Sonic.. with no Olympic bullshit?

Post by cjmcray »

..That is, If this Wentos character is to be trusted. (And he did accurately predict Sonic Colors a year before it was even announced. So, he seems pretty legit to me.) The article also mentions the possibility of Colors coming to the Ps3/360.

Source: http://www.tssznews.com/2010/10/25/late ... -surfaces/

If this turns out to be a Mario & Sonic platformer, I may actually consider buying a Wii..

Esrever
Drano Master

Re: New Mario and Sonic.. with no Olympic bullshit?

Post by Esrever »

I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that it's going to be another party game. And I don't even need a secret inside source! I must just be psychic.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

My immediate thought was "Mario & Sonic Party". Should be better than Sonic Shuffle at least.

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I don't think it's this, but a Sonic & Mario Kart game would be amazing if done well.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

cjmcray wrote:..That is, If this Wentos character is to be trusted. (And he did accurately predict Sonic Colors a year before it was even announced. So, he seems pretty legit to me.)
And what exactly did this Wentos say regarding this that led you to believe that he/she is legit instead of trolling the Sonic fanbase? "Guys, a new Sonic game coming to the Wii!" doesn't count.

Jogurt
Now Playing: Shining Force

Post by Jogurt »

Ngangbius wrote:
And what exactly did this Wentos say regarding this that led you to believe that he/she is legit instead of trolling the Sonic fanbase? "Guys, a new Sonic game coming to the Wii!" doesn't count.
Hey give him a break, spoiler-person's name is disturbingly close to Mentos, that's good enough for me.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Ngangbius wrote:
cjmcray wrote:..That is, If this Wentos character is to be trusted. (And he did accurately predict Sonic Colors a year before it was even announced. So, he seems pretty legit to me.)
Just about a year ago, he said a new Sonic game, using the Unleashed engine, consisting of only daytime stages would be announced. Sounds like Colors to me.

Maybe i'm just gullible, but I think he's legit.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

cjmcray wrote:Maybe i'm just gullible, but I think he's legit.
Take my word (or don't): the extent of his legitimacy isn't anything to get worked up about (unless you're Tristan). Whatever he says is just as likely not to happen.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Besides, Sonic Colors doesn't use the Unleashed/Hedgehog Engine since that was made for HD systems.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Who was that dude who called a game where Sonic turns into a werewolf with Dhalism arms, weeks before Unleashed was announced? Was that the same dude?

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Esrever wrote:Who was that dude who called a game where Sonic turns into a werewolf with Dhalism arms, weeks before Unleashed was announced? Was that the same dude?
No, and that guy foreshadowed it quite a few months in advance.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Ngangbius wrote:Besides, Sonic Colors doesn't use the Unleashed/Hedgehog Engine since that was made for HD systems.
It should be noted that the Hedgehog Engine was nothing more than a lighting/rendering engine and had nothing to do with the game's physics.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Rob-Bert wrote:
Ngangbius wrote:Besides, Sonic Colors doesn't use the Unleashed/Hedgehog Engine since that was made for HD systems.
It should be noted that the Hedgehog Engine was nothing more than a lighting/rendering engine and had nothing to do with the game's physics.
True, but it would prolly take some serious voodoo magic to cram that engine onto the Wii hardware. That thing was built around the horsepower of the HD platforms. In any event, the engine's tech director has ditched Sega, and whatever they're doing with Colors now it seems to be producing an admirably similar effect.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Guess that proves how unnecessary a fancy graphics engine is in the long run.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

it certainly didn't make the game any better. And really though, we have the art direction to thank more than the supposed "engine."

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

The lighting effects did make Sonic and Tails look really nice and three dimensional... almost sorta "Pixar"-y. And it cranked out ridiculous amounts of scenery at a speed that was pretty impressive!

Of course, neither of those effects could be utilized even slightly by the night stages, thanks to the Werehog's painfully slow pace and lighting-negating fur effects. So you do kind of wonder why they bothered sinking all that money into it!

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Not to mention, the rim lighting made jumping in 3D impossible at night since there were no shadows to guide you.