Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey" from Warren Spector

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Re: Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey" from Warren Spector

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Almost forgot thissun: The Lilo & Stitch tie-in game is a competent Metal Slug clone, if you're into that kind of thing.

Also, those enemies in Maui Mallard are annoying as fuck based on those vids Esrever posted.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTxOMWsxKLA

Part 2 of the Epic Mickey Intro. Mad Doctor and Oswald debut.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:Wasn't the Genesis version of Maui Mallard released only on the Sega Channel in North America?
If at all! It definitely never got a cartridge release.

You can play the euro version of the ROM, though. Despite being made to work with PAL by default, it can also run just fine in NTSC... you just need to manually edit the rom's region from E to U using a rom header editor, and it will automatically start running at the correct speed. They obviously intended to bring it over at some point.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Esrever wrote:
gr4yJ4Y wrote:Wasn't the Genesis version of Maui Mallard released only on the Sega Channel in North America?
If at all! It definitely never got a cartridge release.
I wonder why...

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I'm not sure! Nintendo published the SNES version in North America. Maybe they got an console exclusive deal? Or alternately, maybe they just picked up a title that no publisher for either system was really interested in.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Warren gushes about Oswald.

Not gonna lie, seeing stills Mickey & Oswald playfully antagonizing each other, adventuring, and reconciling got to me. But geez, Felix's shorts weren't "just a string of gags".

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Some new info on Epic Mickey.

http://www.nintendo-master.com/xtnews/n ... mickey.htm

Here's the english version using Google Translate.

The mouse has not yet finished his show! After some clarifications and a new video based on Oswald, Epic Mickey is back with a lot of details and some images from comic books in preparation, we see also for the first time animatronics Dingo, which will undoubtedly little scary in the game in this season, Nintendo has found a strong contender and it is not these new and juicy information that will tell us the opposite:

- Over 100 Pins Collectors to find.
- There are also Golden Ticket and film reels.
- Warren Spector has lots of ideas for a sequel.
- The system of morality has been improved thanks to a young developer, without it the game would not look current.
- The soundtrack of soft renews those of Disneyland and Mickey Mouse films. The whole is much more epic, demented and very close to the Disney style.
- Oswald is the most important person in history, everything is related to him and Mickey.
- Oswald sees Mickey as the younger brother who stole the life that was to be his.
- Their relationship will become better or worse depending on how you play the game
- Oswald is incredibly lonely and he worked with the Mad Doctor Wasteland to keep under control until that Mickey ruin the world.
- Now they are no longer friends, the Mad Doctor is once more what he was: a mad doctor desperate to capture the heart of Mickey.
- The animatronic Goofy and Donald are gifts to the Mad Doctor Oswald could simulate life intended for him.
- Spector made the game on the Wii for three reasons. First, the game mechanics that could not walk through the wiimote during early development. Then the audience the Wii is much more inclined to buy a game Mickey Mouse as the public of the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. Finally, Warren is a big fan of Nintendo, "Miyamoto touched my shoulder at E3 and I suddenly became a better game designer! "Says he!
- Warren never saw Darkwing Duck, but he plans to watch the series and see if he can turn a video game.
- The title gives you choices to make every three to five minutes.
- The game will always have the same conclusion, but it will be significantly different depending on the actions committed during the adventure.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

Am I the only one that found Darkwing Duck to be among Capcom's weakest efforts? Such a shame for a show that just scream's "make a game out of me!".
cjmcray wrote: - Oswald is the most important person in history, everything is related to him and Mickey.
Take that, Gandhi, Thomas Edison, Jonas Salk, etc!

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

Am I the only one that found Darkwing Duck to be among Capcom's weakest efforts? Such a shame for a show that just scream's "make a game out of me!".
Yeah, the one game they did about him wasn't terribly good...still, it had a nice soundtrack that seems to be inspired by the show's main tune and sounds quite ... out of place in a mediocre 8-bit platformer played with chip tunes and all. It definitely brings out a dark and moody vibe to the little game, though.

I ... want a steampunk Darkwing Duck game now. With old rock and blues and shady neighborhoods and ill-reputed bars and super-powered animal gangsters and everything.

Jogurt
Now Playing: Shining Force

Post by Jogurt »

An apocalyptic Disney game?
I thought Mickey was a children's entertainment whore.
(Cue bricks thrown through my window on account of Kingdom Hearts fans).

I will not lie, though that Goofy concept art is hella sweet.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I don't think there are any KH fans here. Well, none that enjoy it unironically, at least.

But those concept art aren't really relevant anymore since the game has been drastically toned-down from what we've seen and read.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I legit enjoyed the first game. I didn't think it was teh gr8est thing evahrrr or anything, but it was fun. Then KH2 came out and NOTHING HAPPENED until that awesome 1000-heartless battle and then NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED until the decent end battle AND THAT WAS IT.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I liked the first game also. Then Chain of Memories and KHII came out and put the focus of the franchise into Squeenix melodrama hell. With retcons and unexplained plot threads out the wazoo.

Apparently that new PSP KH isn't too terrible of a game and has a considerably more bearable story than the last couple games (i.e. no Org13 to hog the spotlight).

Jogurt

Post by Jogurt »

Dr. BUGMAN wrote: But those concept art aren't really relevant anymore since the game has been drastically toned-down from what we've seen and read.
*Darth Vader* DO NOT WANT!

Oh well, that's corporate-sponsored gaming for you.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Delphine wrote:I legit enjoyed the first game. I didn't think it was teh gr8est thing evahrrr or anything, but it was fun. Then KH2 came out and NOTHING HAPPENED until that awesome 1000-heartless battle and then NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED until the decent end battle AND THAT WAS IT.
This, pretty much. It helps that the first game had platforming elements that the second game pretty much entirely eschewed.

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I really enjoyed the first Kingdom Hearts. It was a flawed game that really wasn't worthy of all the fanboy praise it was getting but it was decent enough. Chain of Memories was awful though but even so I still found myself looking forward to the sequel. KH2 was one of the most disappointing games I've played. The only thing they improved were the Gummi Ship sections and the camera. Just about everything else was dumbed down and even worse than it was in the first game. They just seemed to rely on high production values and an incoherent story to try and wow everyone. It had it's moments but it was a pretty poor game overall and just managed to completely put me off the series.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Organization XIII may be the worst thing ever to happen to both Disney and SquareEnix, at the same time.

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/29/epic- ... ngs-in-pa/
Does your plain white Wii look like a blank canvas in your mind's eye, just waiting to be mussed up by a few splashes of darkish blue paint? Your bizarre outlook can be brought to life by purchasing the Epic Mickey Collector's Edition, which was recently revealed by Toys 'R Us' online storefront.

The $69.99 bundle includes everything seen in the image above: A copy of the game, a pair of skins for the Wii, a faceplate for your Wiimote, a DVD containing behind-the-scenes videos and other marketing materials, some special packaging and a five-inch vinyl figurine modeled after the game's falsetto protagonist. See, here we would have settled for a 25 cent paintbrush and a set of Crayola watercolors. Thanks for not taking the easy way out, Disney!

Malchik
Now Playing: with myself

Post by Malchik »

This game looks to be a shell of it's original concept. Such potential...

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

I still have virtually no feel for what this game is going to be like! It's really strange how, even at this late stage, almost all the videos released are still primarily just interviews with Warren Spector where he tells you what the game is going to be like. Are they ever going to release a trailer that actually demonstrates any of the cool stuff they keep promising is in there?

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

I have this sad feeling that the crap Warren keeps repeating is ALL the game has to offer. Not that it's bad (basically it's The Magical Quest in 3D with the power to melt/restore scenery) but he's clearly overhyping his own work.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I'm not that thrilled with the graphics, and I don't know how it will play, but the storyline seems very interesting. Right now that's the only thing I like about this project.

Maybe they should've just made this into a movie or something.

Jogurt

Post by Jogurt »

I read the plot on Wikipedia, and I got a Super Mario Sunshine vibe. Anybody else notice this?

Edgerock

Post by Edgerock »