You'll start complaining in 3...2...1...

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Re: You'll start complaining in 3...2...1...

Post by Delphine »

PPA, you have officially graduated from 'annoyingly weird' to 'endearingly strange'. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I don't know if it means anything, but I approve!

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

P.P.A. wrote:There exiſt a lot of rules concerning the uſage of the long and the round „s“ (with which I admit I’m not too familiar yet myſelf). The most baſic one is that the long „ſ“ is uſed at the beginning or in the middle of a word unleſs it borders an „f“ (and in even earlier time centuries a „b“ or a „k“ as well). The round „s“ is placed at the end of a word, after an apoſtrophe, and in case it borders an „f“ (or a „b“ or a „k“). It’s all rather confuſing. The rules are even more complicated and elaborate for German, where for example you need to uſe a round „s“ at the end of a ſyllable or a part of a word in caſe the word is a compound. Except when it’s part of one ſound, like „ſch“, „ſp“ or „ſt“. I ſtill fail to fully memoriſe them all, but I’m trying hard to internaliſe them one day!

http://babelstone.blogspot.com/2006/06/ ... ong-s.html
My country's most ancient text uses those f things. Boſhe pomagai! and stuff like that. It's about 900 years old and very confuſing to read. What bothers me about the long s is how difficult it's to tell apart from a plain old f, especially since it's commonly used in manuscripts, where the written lines aren't exactly as easy to tell from one another, either. To be honest, I hate the damn thing for that...computer screen and standardized printing do make way it more bearable, though.

That modern German doppel-s thing is a riot, by the way. ßonic the Hedgehog and all that.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

P.P.A. wrote:There were weird Motora-like ſnail badniks in an early beta version of Emerald Hill Zone, I think that’s what theſe are ſuppoſed to be.
Is this a trolling thing? Are you trolling us here?

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Locit wrote:
P.P.A. wrote:There were weird Motora-like ſnail badniks in an early beta version of Emerald Hill Zone, I think that’s what theſe are ſuppoſed to be.
Is this a trolling thing? Are you trolling us here?
I probably never mentioned this before but PPA has autism.

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Kogen wrote: AUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISM
And for the record, I actually AM slightly autistic. I'd say it's evident you never met an autistic person in your life.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Rob-Bert wrote:And for the record, I actually AM slightly autistic.
Don't worry, we noticed!

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Rob-Bert wrote:
Kogen wrote: AUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISMAUTISM
And for the record, I actually AM slightly autistic. I'd say it's evident you never met an autistic person in your life.
What kind of autism? Self-diagnosed Asperger's Syndrome?

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Rob-Bert wrote:And for the record, I actually AM slightly autistic. I'd say it's evident you never met an autistic person in your life.
1. Boy, you shouldn't have said that, 2. Kogen spends half his time performing epic trolls and why anyone takes him seriously during those times is beyond me, 3. I hope you've actually been diagnosed and aren't pretending because my brother IS actually autistic in the sitting in the corner mumbling to himself sense, and fake autism pisses me off more than Silent Hill 5.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Rob-Bert wrote:And for the record, I actually AM slightly autistic. I'd say it's evident you never met an autistic person in your life.
HAHAHAHA

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

There goes the neighborhood.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Naka mentioned this fangame on his Twitter. Well, technically, he just reposted what someone else had said, but that's got to count for something, I guess.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Rob-Bert wrote:There goes the neighborhood.
So have you been real-life diagnosed or self ass-burgers diagnosed?

Rob-Bert

Post by Rob-Bert »

Real life. When I was very little. I only recently found this out. My mom actually hid it from me for years. She's.....overprotective, to say the least.

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

Delphine wrote:
Rob-Bert wrote:There goes the neighborhood.
So have you been real-life diagnosed or self ass-burgers diagnosed?
It is the 'don't offend anyone!' mentality where any weirdo with social problems is suddenly autistic and needs welfare cheques. His mother probably never told him so she could keep the money.

I know actual autistic people too and they are just retarded, dysfunctional lumps.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

You might want to get it diagnosed again (if you live in a country with free health care, i.e. not the US). Our understanding of autism is still uncertain and diagnostic tools used 10-15 years ago were probably less precise than today.

I worked with autistic people and most of them were functional. Some of them barely even expressed autistic traits at all but I gather that wasn't the case when they were younger.

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

My pſychotherapiſt did diagnoſe me with Autiſm, or Aſpberger’s Syndrome to be ſpecific. While I can’t ſay that it’s overly expreſſed (it’s not like I could not talk to people or acted extremely antiſocial) it does affect my life a little as I tend to focus almoſt obſeſſively on things that intereſt me, and I generally diſlike being around others and rather ſtay at home or take walks in empty places where I can be ſure not to meet anyone.
I do believe however that the terms of „Autiſm“ and „Aſpberger’s Syndrome“ only exiſt becauſe this modern ſociety needs ſome kind of label they can ſlap on people who deviate from the norm because otherwiſe they are unable to accept anyone who’s different and whoſe nature and perſonality render them unable or unwilling to go along with its ſtandards and lifeſtyle. Not that I mind, being able to produce a ſheet of paper with a ſealed diagnoſis that I’m autiſtic ſaves me a lot of trouble ſometimes. (For example I could write a couple of finals in a quiet ſecluded room for myſelf inſtead of in an overcrowded hall with ſome 30 other ſtudents (no, I did not cheat, but I enjoyed the ſilence, the ability to open and cloſe the window at will, and the lack of… people who automatically make me very nervous and anxious juſt by being there)).

(Oh hey, if I uſe Italic text the „ſ“ and „f“ actually become diſtinguiſhable.)

Kogen

Post by Kogen »

P.P.A. wrote:My pſychotherapiſt did diagnoſe me with Autiſm, or Aſpberger’s Syndrome to be ſpecific. While I can’t ſay that it’s overly expreſſed (it’s not like I could not talk to people or acted extremely antiſocial) it does affect my life a little as I tend to focus almoſt obſeſſively on things that intereſt me, and I generally diſlike being around others and rather ſtay at home or take walks in empty places where I can be ſure not to meet anyone.
I do believe however that the terms of „Autiſm“ and „Aſpberger’s Syndrome“ only exiſt becauſe this modern ſociety needs ſome kind of label they can ſlap on people who deviate from the norm because otherwiſe they are unable to accept anyone who’s different and whoſe nature and perſonality render them unable or unwilling to go along with its ſtandards and lifeſtyle. Not that I mind, being able to produce a ſheet of paper with a ſealed diagnoſis that I’m autiſtic ſaves me a lot of trouble ſometimes. (For example I could write a couple of finals in a quiet ſecluded room for myſelf inſtead of in an overcrowded hall with ſome 30 other ſtudents (no, I did not cheat, but I enjoyed the ſilence, the ability to open and cloſe the window at will, and the lack of… people who automatically make me very nervous and anxious juſt by being there)).

(Oh hey, if I uſe Italic text the „ſ“ and „f“ actually become diſtinguiſhable.)
I believe this to be true autism. I do not think PPA is abusing the welfare system.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Crisis wrote:Our understanding of autism is still uncertain and diagnostic tools used 10-15 years ago were probably less precise than today.
When my parents first realized my brother had a problem, he was diagnosed with ADD. I mean... the kid couldn't speak a full sentence and they told my parents he had ADD. Seriously.
P.P.A. wrote:I do believe however that the terms of „Autiſm“ and „Aſpberger’s Syndrome“ only exiſt becauſe this modern ſociety needs ſome kind of label they can ſlap on people who deviate from the norm because otherwiſe they are unable to accept anyone who’s different and whoſe nature and perſonality render them unable or unwilling to go along with its ſtandards and lifeſtyle.
My brother doesn't speak like a normal person. He just doesn't. He can't handle posting on a forum, e-mailing, driving, buying milk, walking down the street by himself without getting lost, remembering to shower everyday, that sort of thing. I WAS exaggerating about the sitting in a corner and mumbling himself; he did that as a kid, but now that he's older, he walks around and mumbles to himself instead. In ten years he'll basically be Rain Man.

And my parents never received welfare to take care of my brother; they just had bootstraps.

Jogurt
Now Playing: Shining Force

Post by Jogurt »

G.Silver wrote:To be fair to Sonic 4, it's much easier to be faithful to the original when you just remake Sonic 2. Not that there's anything wrong with that, necessarily.

Neo

Post by Neo »

Uh oh, something seems to have eaten your reply. You might want to set some mousetraps just in case.

Jogurt

Post by Jogurt »

Neo wrote:Uh oh, something seems to have eaten your reply. You might want to set some mousetraps just in case.
*squeak*

Alright, alright, I get it. Next time I have the same opinion I'll just go ahead and redundantly post it.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

I just checked, and it turns out you don't have to reply to every thread! Maybe give that a go instead.

Jogurt

Post by Jogurt »

Crisis wrote:I just checked, and it turns out you don't have to reply to every thread! Maybe give that a go instead.
Will do!
So, it's supposed to be a dead forum?

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

FORUM'S ALIVE

/contribution