Can I Show yous my Pokemon for the Fifth Tiem?

Speak your mind, or lack thereof. There may occasionally be on-topic discussions.
P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Re: Can I Show yous my Pokemon for the Fifth Tiem?

Post by P.P.A. »

Not really new but not yet posted scans: http://www.megurineluka.com/pokemon/pix ... p?res=4481
(Yes, I regularly browse Taiwanese imageboards,.)

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

CM August

Post by CM August »

I chuckled apon realizing what song it was. Should have seen that coming.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

If anyone cares, most of the new Pokemon have been leaked.

There's a Samurai Sea Lion and a mummy who passively bites enemy Pokemon and turns them into mummies and then Pokemon they attack also turn into mummies.

So yeah, some cool stuff.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

So it seems people who pre-ordered the games already started playing them. And thus starts the 5th generation..

Notable on this list are:

-Zero pokemon related in any matter - evolutions, etc. - to the ones in previous generations. Kind of a bummer.
-As it was to be expected, many of the new pokémon look pretty cool, while others look, in a couple of cases literally, like shit.
-Three of the legendaries look like the same shinto deity. But that's ok, since one of them is a pure flying type. It was about time.
-The pre-evolution of the american eagle pokémon is called Washibon. Hahaha.
-There's a lot of bug-steel mons around, along with many ghost variations.

Those are pretty much the earliest news, so things might change at some point or another.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

I'd hate to say it, but some of the designs for these new Pokemon (especially their color schemes) and their evolutionary additions remind me of the monsters in that Pokemon Quartz hack.

I realize it's hardly something to be concerned with, but these are some of the worst-looking Pokemon I've seen (hello, Torunerosu!)

(No Imagination)

Post by (No Imagination) »

Still no pure flying type. :(

This gen's 1st evolutions of various pokemon almost all look like goddamn plush animals with terribly sluggish and inconvenient heads - Rattata and Pidgey would totally tear these guys apart back in the wilderness unless they fought back like Bonk. Are 1st evolutions supposed to be "baby" pokemon now or what?

Does ... does that polar bear turn into a giant snowflake? I don't get it.

...Good Grief, some of the designs really look tropane-alkaloid inspired. While I kind of approve and could explain the garbage pokemon with mimicry (as in, if you look like a bag of trash nobody will bother to check if you're alive and edible, allowing you to thrive), but a three-step evolution ice cream cone is where I draw the fucking line. How would that shit even work? "This pokemon survives by concealing itself amidst freshly packed ice cream cones, attempting to mimic them to avoid getting eaten"??

I want that beaver in my team, though - I don't remotely care if it sucks and is common. I'm going to name it "Chip" and ain't ever gonna let it evolve.

Wombatwarlord777

Torunerosu (the guy who looks like a mustachioed zombie riding a cloud with a tentacle erupting from its back) is the pure-Flying type.

(No Imagination)

Wow, you're right! Didn't notice him at all. Maybe because there are two other (ground/flying and electric/flying) guys that look very much like him, and stuff.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

but a three-step evolution ice cream cone is where I draw the fucking line. How would that shit even work? "This pokemon survives by concealing itself amidst freshly packed ice cream cones, attempting to mimic them to avoid getting eaten"??
I would imagine it works the same way a Pokemon that is a living Pokeball and lives inside Pokeballs work.

Or how a Pokemon that is a ball with magnets stuck upon it works.

Or a Pokemon that is a floating naval mine that farts out explosive poison works . . . etc . . .etc.

The Legendaries are kind of weaksauce, though. The Raijin are all palletswaps and the Legendary "trio" of this generation is five of the members of the Three Muskateers as deer. If they were going to do this shit right, they should have made them Pokemon versions of the Founding Fathers. Theodorekuma, Washakura, Franliturkey, and Lincolnlogger.
Does ... does that polar bear turn into a giant snowflake? I don't get it.
The bear and snowflake are unrelated.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

...Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln were not founding fathers.

Also, forgive me for not being up on my 'mon, but why the heck does "Normal" even exist? Moreover, why would you mix it with Flying if you couldn't mix anything else with it?

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I think "normal" exists because that's what alignment humans would consider themselves amongst the more fantastical entities (instead of something odd like "meat" type). The descriptor would then apply to similar, more Earth-like 'mons.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

This thread is now about the (probably fake) live action Pokemon movie.

SPOILER:There's guns.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Why shouldn't Normal exist? What type should a Rattata be if not normal? What type should a basic attack like Tackle be if not Normal?

Also Bidoof and Bibarel are Normal/Water types, so it's not only been mixed with Flying.

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Ruby and Sapphire had some unused music, such as the G/S Team Rocket encounter music. Black and White have a much more elaborate throwback hidden inside (as well as the Team Rocket encounter theme, again).

Neo

Post by Neo »

Crowbar wrote:Why shouldn't Normal exist? What type should a Rattata be if not normal? What type should a basic attack like Tackle be if not Normal?

Also Bidoof and Bibarel are Normal/Water types, so it's not only been mixed with Flying.
The new legendary Meloia is a Normal/Psychic type, which makes it immune to Ghost-type attacks, so there's also that.

(No Imagination)

Zeta wrote:
but a three-step evolution ice cream cone is where I draw the fucking line. How would that shit even work? "This pokemon survives by concealing itself amidst freshly packed ice cream cones, attempting to mimic them to avoid getting eaten"??
I would imagine it works the same way a Pokemon that is a living Pokeball and lives inside Pokeballs work.

Or how a Pokemon that is a ball with magnets stuck upon it works.

Or a Pokemon that is a floating naval mine that farts out explosive poison works . . . etc . . .etc.
Not really...in nature, all of those features would give some sort of advantage to the mons that utilize them...Voltorb will be feared and evaded by wild pokemon simply because it looks like one of those dreaded balls of prison ... Magnemite will attract or repel steel-type monsters at leisure ... and the pokemon who looks like a land mine and farts poison just sounds fierce, nasty, and near the very top of the food chain.

... what advantage, though, could a wild animal possibly have from looking like something really fresh and tasty? (Except maybe it's skin is so corrosive it digests any tongue that dares to lick it, and that would present its main source of nutrients or whatever. But then its typing should be ice/poison.)

Wombatwarlord777

(No Imagination) wrote:... what advantage, though, could a wild animal possibly have from looking like something really fresh and tasty?
I dunno but...

I'd feel like a massive prick if anyone saw me beating up a sap so apparently obfuscatory and defenseless. It's akin to intentionally closing an elevator door just as a cripple is about to enter. Sure, you can do it, but nobody is going to like you for it.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

... what advantage, though, could a wild animal possibly have from looking like something really fresh and tasty?
I dunno. Why don't you ask Farfetch'd, who carries the ingredients needed to cook him around on his person constantly?

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

Zeta wrote:
... what advantage, though, could a wild animal possibly have from looking like something really fresh and tasty?
I dunno. Why don't you ask Farfetch'd, who carries the ingredients needed to cook him around on his person constantly?
Now that is far fetched!

Jogurt
Now Playing: Shining Force

Post by Jogurt »

After God, what's next? The Anti-God?

Whoa, that could be pretty sweet actually.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

So the games have been dated for a March 6 release in the US.