Sega Superstars - New pictures and details

Recent happenings of pertinence to Sonic fans.
big_smile
Drano Master

Sega Superstars - New pictures and details

Post by big_smile »

New details and pictures have emerged about the 12 games in Sega Superstars, direct from Sega Japan.

The 12 games comprise of:

Sonic The Hedgehog – Collect Emeralds and rings in the special stages against the time limit

Virtual Fighter – Time guard and attack moves against the legendary Virtua Fighter characters.

Chu Chu Rocket – Plays almost exactly the same as the Dreamast game, but with a new perspective.

Billy Hatcher – Roll the giant Egg left and right to defeat crows and reach the goal.

NiGHTS – Use both hands to fly in a dream world. The game provides a perfect unification between the player and NiGHTS.

?????????? – This one does not translate correctly. It features a soccer like ball.

Crazy Taxi – The game involves hailing a Taxi.

Space Channel 5 – Move up, down, left, right and shoot just like the console original.

Puyo Puyo Fever – Unfortunately, the details on this game don’t translate too clearly.

Samba DE Amigo – Use your hands as Maracas to play the game which is very similar to the arcade original.

The House of the Dead – Punch Zombies to reach the end of level boss.

Super Monkey Ball – Roll the monkey to reach the goal while collecting bananas.

A Chao game will also be included, where players can look after Chao by feeding them food, playing with toys and even petting them.

Full details can be found here

Disclaimer: Information obtained through machine translation and so may be slightly inaccurate

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Am I the only one who sees the Eye Toy as an useless gimmick? And that Sonic Team should stop making games for the PlayStation 2? I can't be the only one.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The Eye Toy is fun for a night, if you're inebriated. But apparently it's popular with Japanese kids.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Incidentally, the game between NiGHTS and Crazy Taxi on the list is Virtua Striker.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Who would find this entertaining?

Still, the dude in the Sonic pic is pretty cute.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

He's not going to be in the actual game, y'know.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Maybe he'll be sold as a seperate peripheral?

bcdcdude

Post by bcdcdude »

Is it me or does the NiGHTS game, sound a little similar to Air NiGHTS that was supposed to be in development donkeys ago?

Rlan
News Guy

Post by Rlan »

Nice, but IMO This would have been the perfect opportunity to bring back some of the lost characters, like Alex Kidd [Rock Paper Scissors Game], Streets of Rage characters [Another version of the bashing Zombies one?], Golden Axe, Altered Beast, Ristar, and a whole load of others.

Really, the only other ways now would to either make some sort of Kart racer or do a Super Smash Bros. Ripoff.

Chaos Control

Post by Chaos Control »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:Am I the only one who sees the Eye Toy as an useless gimmick? And that Sonic Team should stop making games for the PlayStation 2? I can't be the only one.

Don't worry. You're not.

Ash Holt

Post by Ash Holt »

That's a keeper.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I wonder just how long she had to hold that pose?

Segata

Post by Segata »

How long do you think it will be until Konami makes a Para Para game for the EyeToy?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Everybody knows the best way to ward off zombies is to thrust your fist in their face and let them chew it off.

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by J.C.14 »

Zeta wrote:Everybody knows the best way to ward off zombies is to thrust your fist in their face and let them chew it off.
But how would they get through the bone...

Nova

Post by Nova »

I’m one of the few Alex Kidd fans out there. I even own a Master system that works and have two of his five games. I think that the guy who had the idea of the 30 minutes time limit in “High tech worldâ€￾ should have been killed. That made the game very hard and it was supposed to be for kids…

Akex kidd was killed because his best game(The ninja game) was released the same year that Sonic 1. And guess who was more popular?.

Golden axe was revived in the GBA…in Sega smash pack that has Golden Axe, Eco the Dolphin and Sonic spinball.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Forgive me for asking, but what IS so great about Alex Kidd? He seems to be a random little boy to me.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Zeta wrote:Forgive me for asking, but what IS so great about Alex Kidd? He seems to be a random little boy to me.
He had some things that Mario didn’t have in that era. Alex could store items to use later, Mario couldn’t. He could buy weapons and items in shops and the game was fun. Of course that was only in “Alex kidd in miracle worldâ€￾ the other games were very hard or sucked with the exception of the last one: “Alex Kidd in Shinobi Worldâ€￾.

In “Alex kidd in miracle worldâ€￾ you could even buy a motorcycle, a motorboat or a helicopter if you had enough money. And that was years before Mario bros 3.

those two are the only Alex Kidd games that rule.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Yeah, Miracle World, which was the original, was the only one that was any good. (And it was still too damn hard.) I don't remember much of Shinobi World, I guess I didn't play it extensively enough.

Regardless, he's about the closest thing Sega had to a mascot before Sonic. I think there are alot of people who'd like to see his return.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

The only thing I have to say about Alex Kidd (one of them) is that it might had been the first game I met in my life. If not Sonic1 (Master System). Or Super Mario World. Or that Simpsons arcade game.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Methinks he'd need a major redesign before making a comeback.

And even if people didn't want to give him one, he'd problably get one anyways.

As long as they don't dress him up in hip-hop clothes, I wouldn't mind seeing his return, either. The gameplay style sounds like a cross between Mario and Zelda. Which would be interesting to say the least.

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Post by J.C.14 »

Zeta wrote:Methinks he'd need a major redesign before making a comeback.

And even if people didn't want to give him one, he'd problably get one anyways.

As long as they don't dress him up in hip-hop clothes, I wouldn't mind seeing his return, either. The gameplay style sounds like a cross between Mario and Zelda. Which would be interesting to say the least.
Nah...They'll probably give him a 'tude and he'll be all badass and crap, I've never Alex Kidd considering I was not born in that era, I was born four days after the japanese release of Sonic The Hedgehog 2. I think we should get a time machine, go to 1991, bring Sonic Heroes (with a Gamecube) and show how horrible Sonic will turn out, then they can prevent it. Of course they'll probably be impressed and in awe because it's a 3-D game with many abilities and beyond the power of the systems at that time, and try to make Sonic Heroes.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Time-travel never work out well.

CE

Post by CE »

I'd much rather see Fantasy Zone make a comeback because

1. It's a side scrolling shoot em up.
2. The character design is just simple enough to not have to change. What would they add to a spaceship with wings and retractable feet?

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

I loved Fantasy Zone. We could use a whimsical, cartoony, hardcore flying shooter in this day and age. Like the gameplay of StarFox mixed with the character design and art style of NiGHTs.