The Official Poll Suggestion Thread

Because death would've been too merciful.
Neo

Re: The Official Poll Suggestion Thread

Post by Neo »

The problem with this thread is that it's a thread where you suggest polls for other people to start.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Only mods can start polls, that's the reason for this thread.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

P.P.A. wrote:The problem with this thread is that if a good idea is posted everything is already discussed in here making a separate poll kind of obsolete. Just saying.
Maybe there's some kind of add-on that would bring it up to date.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Since the Genesis already had the Sega CD, the 32 X was just a really stupid idea... I guess back then it was the first time Sega was making more money than Nintendo and they went crazy or something...

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

Of course it looks like that with so much hindsight. Back then SEGA were chiefly worried about Nintendo, not about Sony, so they thought it would be a good idea to redo their Sega CD act, only this time without so much FMV crap and all that Mortal Kombat/ Night Trap "mature" games bull card being played against them. Hit or miss, and they missed.

If you're seriously curious about this and don't mind potentially improving your English skills through reading, check out this: http://www.eidolons-inn.net/tiki-index. ... gaBase+32X

ShinjukuNeedlemouse

Post by ShinjukuNeedlemouse »

next weeks poll (if I last that long): Should ShinjukuNeedlemouse be banned? OPTIONS: YES, YES, OH FUCK YES.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Shut the fuck up.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Because of the (somewhat) recent announcement of Epic Mickey...

Which Mickey do you prefer?

-Retro Mickey
-Caucasian Mickey

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Protodude wrote:Also, not even a few years after I got my Genesis the power on button wouldn't stay down, so I had to take off the plastic covering it and now I have to use the end of a pen-cap to position it correctly so it stays down.
On my Dreamcast, you have to put a paper weight on top of the GD lid otherwise the slightest tremor could make the system think that you're trying to change discs or something. I use my Gamecube controller.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

For Halloween: Badnik that creeped/scared the crap out of you most? Limited to any from a 90's Sonic game. if Toximister (Puwazone) is not a choice then die plz

Neo

Post by Neo »

I was never creeped out by an enemy in any Sonic game, but the large swinging platforms in Star Light and the ghosts in Sandopolis scared me when I was a kid.

I also feared Kanipunch. Different kind of fear.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Yes, I used to freak when those ghosts got all big, mean and horny.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

CM August wrote:big, mean and horny.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

Not especially scary, but Harisenbo is somewhat disgusting, in a Slipknot kind of way.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I dont think anything Sonic related had ever scared me... was what the idea of the ghosts anyway, another mario bross parody?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Once I was babysitting for a boy about age 7 or 8, and we played Sonic 2. When we got to the first boss and the music kicked in, he started crying and screaming and ran Sonic into the corner where he jumped up and down in an apparent simulation of genuine panic, until I (as Tails) was able to score the necessary number of hits. I've never seen anyone else actually scared of a Sonic game, and I think there was something wrong with that child.

The water-warning is pretty scary, does that count?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

The giant crushing wall in Hydrocity kind of scared me when I was young and unsure enough of myself to think I couldn't possibly survive that. Turns out, in retrospect, it was piss-easy to do. The ghosts, surprisingly, never really phased me; it's so easy to keep the pyramid lit.

Also, there's the boss to Stardust Speedway, which I generally refused to do on grounds that I was a little too afraid of dying to Eggman's instakill laser. Again, got over that one, but unlike the Hydrocity wall, I still find that chase to be quite tense. Those hills really just aren't made for racing on, I swear.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

I don't think I was ever really scared of anything in Sonic games, except maybe the rising sand in Sandopolis 2, but that was more just being slightly nervous about it rather than really scared.

However, for the longest time I simply wouldn't go into the Pumpkin Zone in Super Mario Land 2.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

The final Eggman boss in Sonic 2 scared me whenever he would fly off and then stomp the ground, even though it was incredibly easy to avoid getting stomped.

Neo

Post by Neo »

G.Silver wrote:The water-warning is pretty scary, does that count?
It was totally nerfed in Sonic 3, too!
Shadow Hog wrote:The ghosts, surprisingly, never really phased me; it's so easy to keep the pyramid lit.
It wasn't as much as they attacking you once you left the lights out for a while, it was just the fact that they were scary ghosts.
Shadow Hog wrote:Again, got over that one, but unlike the Hydrocity wall, I still find that chase to be quite tense. Those hills really just aren't made for racing on, I swear.
It doesn't help that there's some sort of obstacle that makes you come to a halt every two seconds.
cjmcray wrote:The final Eggman boss in Sonic 2 scared me whenever he would fly off and then stomp the ground, even though it was incredibly easy to avoid getting stomped.
That's odd, I'd have assumed the deadly arm slinging move would be considered scarier than any other of the boss's moves. Except for the bomb shower.

I still can't beat it by attacking it from behind.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

As far as the Badnik question goes, Rexxon, without a doubt. The first time he (unexpectedly) appeared, he scared me shitless. And his basic premise is pretty disturbing. Sure, we've had badniks that bite before, but never before one specifically designed to swallow Sonic whole.

Actually, most of Spinball's baddies were pretty disturbing.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

Wombatwarlord777 wrote:As far as the Badnik question goes, Rexxon, without a doubt. The first time he (unexpectedly) appeared, he scared me shitless. And his basic premise is pretty disturbing. Sure, we've had badniks that bite before, but never before one specifically designed to swallow Sonic whole.

Actually, most of Spinball's baddies were pretty disturbing.
I imagine the little jingle (?) that plays whenever you're in a dangerous situation in Spinball probably scared a few kids just by itself.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

The music was incredibly sinister, the art was dark and edgy (and horribly off-model), the gameplay was unforgiving and relentless... yeah, I can kind of see kids being frightened of it. Somewhat.

Fun fact: my little brother refuses to play Ocarina of Time because of the Skulltulas (specifically the ones that drop down from above, not so much the ones crawling on the webs). It's a shame, because he's depriving himself of one of the greatest games of all time over something so trivial...

CM August

Post by CM August »

Which reminds me, the Roboboiler is one of the most fucked-up Sonic bosses in history.

Isuka

Post by Isuka »

I second CM on the boiler, among other things.
Shadow Hog wrote:Fun fact: my little brother refuses to play Ocarina of Time because of the Skulltulas (specifically the ones that drop down from above, not so much the ones crawling on the webs).
I remember being startled by Majora's Mask TV ad (the whole Link-putting-on-the-Zora-mask-with-awful-screaming thing, probably stumbled upon it while zapping), and Kabal's MK3 fatality (funny thing is, it was I who dialed it while trying them all out).