Now that I found a Model 2 emulator
that runs Sonic the Fighters pretty good (yet has no screenshot key), here's some things:
- Sonic and
Tails in Fighting Vipers...http://www.x-cult.org/newegg/games/150/Fighting_Vipers/30/Sonic_The_Hedgehog/
- And...and...Takashi Iizuka?http://www.x-cult.org/newegg/games/150/Fighting_Vipers/31/Takashi_Iizuka/
- Honey's model in STF was never finished, but in case you want one shot of her for the museum, look on this page
for the shot of her with longer hair; that's the most complete/accurate depiction of cat Honey. There's also a screen from the FV Saturn intro with cat Honey (it uses her alt. colors).
- Hyper mode allows you to hammer the P/K buttons and throw those combos rapid fire, but you can't break barriers this way. Bean also seems to be the only CPU character who ever uses Hyper mode.
- It might be prudent to specify for the fighting game n00bs what's different about the black (press) and white (hold) arrows in the command lists. I only found out by saving the page and looking at the filenames.
Aren't these the wrong colors? :p
- Tails is the only character with no secret move while Hyper
- Yowa-Yowa Punch (the squished wimpy headbutt) can also be done with K
- Certain characters (mainly weapon-wielding ones) can have some of their attacks backfire at the hands of their opponent. I have no idea how you trigger these - a really well timed throw perhaps? - but here they are:Fang:
Opponent can swipe his gun off him, dangle it in front him, then pop him one and throw the gun awayBean:
Opponent can grab one of his bombs and stuff it in his beak for a goddamn hilarious sceneEspio:
Opponent can rather cruelly grab Espio by the tongue and let go, snapping it back into his headAmy:
Opponent can swipe her hammer and smack her over the head with it
- Metal Sonic himself takes more damage than the others? I dunno...seemed like it. I guess that's how you're supposed to beat him since he packs such a wallop yet his moves are rather easily read.
- Before the final battle, your character uses the Emeralds to go into a permanent Hyper state; hence, to beat Eggman in 15 seconds, the idea is to get close and start mashing buttons.
- The Bookkeeping setting in the service menu also tracks a freaking ridiculous amount of gameplay statistics from uses of continues, match result counts, specifc character performance in versus battles; all sorts of shit.