Well, at least we don't have to worry about bottomless pits

Updates to the front page of the site are in here.
Pepperidge
Drano Master

Well, at least we don't have to worry about bottomless pits

Post by Pepperidge »

OK, so now that the lingering potential threat of being made into a gullible moron by acknowledging truth in anything revealed on or around April Fools Day has passed, there's no longer any use in stubbornly denying that NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is going to happen on the Wii. It has been all but confirmed that it will be a completely new sequel to the original, and will be developed by Sonic Team with Takashi Iizuka at the helm. Whether or not this is good news is entirely up to the perception of the reader. But a quick reminder that this is the collaborative group that, in their current element, brought us Shadow the Hedgehog will probably ensure that "hope" isn't exactly a popular choice.

Of course, if they stick to the original formula, the game could turn out just fine and accommodate the new features quite nicely. New acrobatics controlled by the Wii-mote? I'm down with that. Special asks that amplify NiGHTS's attributes and gameplay under different conditions? Sounds like it could work. Very blond, British-looking children strolling around the dream worlds? Hell, that's probably somebody's fetish.

If the alleged input of the girl who runs nightsintodreams.com is any indication, they seem to be taking fan-input very seriously on this one. So who knows, maybe this will turn out alright? Although if there's one thing I really hope for, it's that Sega not rush this one out to the market. I mean, I don't think that anyone is expecting a game that will top the original in every way imaginable, just something polished, playable, and somewhat decent. If an extra few months need to be taken in order to achieve that (if it is indeed achievable), then so be it. They should know by now that the fans can wait for it.

Also, just in case this whole thing does wind up like some kind of polar bear feeding session for kindergarten students gone horribly wrong (suggesting that it may have been a bad idea to begin with), I think most of us would be in agreement that some effort should be made to port the original as well. And it would be even better if time-based Christmas NiGHTS features were integrated into the entire game!

... err, on second thought, attempting that might not be such a good idea. Let's leave it at that.
Last edited by Pepperidge on Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Re: Well, at least we don't have to worry about bottomless p

Post by Popcorn »

Pepperidge wrote:It has been all but confirmed that it will be a completely new sequel to the original, and will be developed by Sonic Team with Takashi Iizuka at the helm. Whether or not this is good news is entirely up to the perception of the reader.
I'm afraid that whether or not this is good news is in fact a completely factual matter. If anyone is struggling to grasp these facts, please report to a moderator for a corrective ban.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

I saw a news report recently that the new NiGHTS is supposed to use the Wii Forecast Channel to change the environments in real-time. Sounds intriguing to me...

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

... Mmhh, I had one entire week raining from Sunday to Sunday, that would greatly affect the mood of the game if it happens to be true (well, at least if anything like a storm's strong winds affects NiGHTS flying ability to any degree at all). Could be interesting, though.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Ofcourse you would be able to turn it off....

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

That's MADNESS! Games are designed to be played at all hours of the day, except for Red Steel, which only wants you to play for two minutes at a time before making the Wii emit a loud beeping sound!

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

This has been nagging at me for a while, so I had to ask: firstly, where have you seen pictures of the new dreamers, and secondly, how the fuck does someone "look British"?

No comments about bad teeth please, this isn't the Middle Ages.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

j-man wrote:This has been nagging at me for a while, so I had to ask: firstly, where have you seen pictures of the new dreamers, and secondly, how the fuck does someone "look British"?

No comments about bad teeth please, this isn't the Middle Ages.
Maybe one of the kids has a mustache and wears a monocole?

ChaosAngelZero
PEDOPHILE
PEDOPHILE

Post by ChaosAngelZero »

Man, it's simple; they attend to Hogwarts.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Baba O'Reily wrote:That's MADNESS!
Oh, alright, I'll bite.

<i>"Madness?

This is SPARTAAA!"</i>

Oompa Star
Now Playing: I'll be the only serious one and say Ninja Gaiden 2 and Mass Effect.

Post by Oompa Star »

Shadow Hog wrote:
Baba O'Reily wrote:That's MADNESS!
Oh, alright, I'll bite.

<i>"Madness?

This is SPARTAAA!"</i>
http://madnesssparta.ytmnd.com/

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I believe what you mean is <a href="http://redsauceonpasta.ytmnd.com/">this.</a>