The quintessential villain

Because death would've been too merciful.

Vote for the baddest of the bad

Dr. Eggman
31%
Mecha Sonic
2%
Metal Sonic
23%
Fang the Sniper
5%
Witchcart
1%
Great Battle Kukku XV
No votes
Tails Doll
14%
Metal Knuckles
4%
Pachacamac
1%
Chaos
5%
Void
1%
Pr. Gerald Robotnik
7%
Biolizard
5%
Gmerl
No votes

Total votes: 83

Musachan

Post by Musachan »

I voted Metal Sonic because, although Eggman ias bad-ass as a villain, he's more comic than anything (I mean ... for christ's sake, he's an EGG MAN!), but Metal is like Sonic, only merciless, heartless and uncaring for the needs of humanity. He has Sonic's skills, but he has but one goal -- to kill Sonic. He was fucked up in Sonc Heroes, but the principle remains -- the world's not THAT big of a deal, his real target was Sonic.

Yep. Metal's a bad-ass.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Tails Doll haunted my nightmares.
It could be the yaoi fanart I saw, but I think it was those damn beady eyes...

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Tails Doll yaoi fanart?

The masochist in me wants to see it. The rest of me is screaming on the inside.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

Yeah, that sums up my feelings on the subject pretty acurately.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Mecha Sonic and metal sonic are the same freaking thing!

Since the poor old Fang was censored he must be the evilest of all...

aso

Post by aso »

I think Sonic Adventure, with its crazy 'robots in tubes' display in the Egg Carrier show, proved that there are at least two distinct Sonic robots.

I've no idea why they picked Metal Sonic from Sonic CD to revitalize in Heroes, though.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

He's the original, meaning he's got cred and such. And he just looks evil.

Nova

Post by Nova »

aso wrote:I think Sonic Adventure, with its crazy 'robots in tubes' display in the Egg Carrier show, proved that there are at least two distinct Sonic robots.

I've no idea why they picked Metal Sonic from Sonic CD to revitalize in Heroes, though.
Maybe because it rocked in the Sonic Ovas, aka “Sonic the movieâ€￾. And he is not the original, the original was crappy made and after a while, mass produced.

That’s why in the Sonic Ovas, Eggman scans Sonic to get data to make a better metal Sonic.

aso

Post by aso »

Ah, that's right. Sonic CD technically came before Sonic 2, so Metal Sonic would take some precedence over Robo/Mecha/Silver Sonic.

I suppose I'm the only one who thought Mecha Sonic in S&K was the neatest form of robot Sonic to come around? He resembled a Terminator in the Sonic style, which was rather neat.

Nova

Post by Nova »

aso wrote:Ah, that's right. Sonic CD technically came before Sonic 2, so Metal Sonic would take some precedence over Robo/Mecha/Silver Sonic.

I suppose I'm the only one who thought Mecha Sonic in S&K was the neatest form of robot Sonic to come around? He resembled a Terminator in the Sonic style, which was rather neat.
Nope, many think he rules.

The Sonic heroes Metal Sonic can’t be the original one, maybe Eggman found a backup disk of the Metal sonic that hated Sonic or something.

Or maybe he just programmed him with that personality, he made him believe Sonic had defeated him.

Talking about Sonic CD I have found some kind of logical explanation about Amy aging since that game. She got stuck in the past^^

aso

Post by aso »

Nova wrote:
aso wrote:Ah, that's right. Sonic CD technically came before Sonic 2, so Metal Sonic would take some precedence over Robo/Mecha/Silver Sonic.

The Sonic heroes Metal Sonic can’t be the original one, maybe Eggman found a backup disk of the Metal sonic that hated Sonic or something.

Or maybe he just programmed him with that personality, he made him believe Sonic had defeated him.

Talking about Sonic CD I have found some kind of logical explanation about Amy aging since that game. She got stuck in the past^^
Awesome. Let's see a revival of Mecha Sonic, ST, as long as you're rehashing whatever you have in your coffers. I hope you aren't saying that Metal Sonic met his end by that crash into a wall, though, as he's been around in quite a few titles since.

Unless you're saying that you'd rather Metal Sonic not be involved with Sonic Heroes at all. Then hey!

As far as Amy goes, she would be dumb enough to be stuck in the past, wouldn't she? Grab too many rings, pass by a random pole, and get stuck so far back that Sonic would be forced to save her once again...

Nova

Post by Nova »

aso wrote:
Nova wrote:

Awesome. Let's see a revival of Mecha Sonic, ST, as long as you're rehashing whatever you have in your coffers. I hope you aren't saying that Metal Sonic met his end by that crash into a wall, though, as he's been around in quite a few titles since.

Unless you're saying that you'd rather Metal Sonic not be involved with Sonic Heroes at all. Then hey!

As far as Amy goes, she would be dumb enough to be stuck in the past, wouldn't she? Grab too many rings, pass by a random pole, and get stuck so far back that Sonic would be forced to save her once again...
I mean he is not the one who used the Giant emerald…you know the Sonic 3& Knuckles one...

The Scarlet Scorpion

Post by The Scarlet Scorpion »

Amazing Grant wrote:I don't think there is a definitive origin for Sonic and Eggman; regardless, I meant "dedicated the rest of his life"
I dunno, I kind of like to think that Sonic once accidently ran through his garden years back, and Dr. Eggman just set out to kill him from that day on.

"My begonias! DAMN YOU, YOU SPINY BLUE BASTARD!!"

Or somesuch.

At what point he stopped going by his legal name, (Dr. Ivo Robotnik, presumably), and started using the alias "Dr. Eggman", I sadly do not have an answer to.

Someday, though, I hope to write out a fanfic where Eggman sees a psychologist. That should be fun.

EDIT: I fixed a typo; it seems those quotation marks did not need to be put in bold-face type, after all...

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

Dr. Robotnik, mainly because he looks like an egg and has a stupid nick name. Don't under estimate fat, bald, smelly, hairy weirdos with no eye brows.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Kogen wrote:Dr. Robotnik, mainly because he looks like an egg and has a stupid nick name. Don't under estimate fat, bald, smelly, hairy weirdos with no eye brows.
Well I guess Sonic called him “Eggmanâ€￾ and since them everyone called him Eggman…so he accepted it.

Team Mecha

Post by Team Mecha »

Dr. Robotnik, mainly because he looks like an egg and has a stupid nick name. Don't under estimate fat, bald, smelly, hairy weirdos with no eye brows.
Hairy? :confused:

I think Silver/Mecha was meant to just be a prototype so it was built 1st, but it was Metal that faced off with Sonic 1st.

Mecha might return eventually since Metal turned against Eggman, Mecha could fill in his brother's shoes in the Eggman Empire.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Team Mecha wrote:
Hairy? :confused:

I think Silver/Mecha was meant to just be a prototype so it was built 1st, but it was Metal that faced off with Sonic 1st.

Mecha might return eventually since Metal turned against Eggman, Mecha could fill in his brother's shoes in the Eggman Empire.
Yeah after all if you work for Eggman you:

A)Are stupid

B) Will turn against him

C) Think he is cool^^

D) Are weak!

Nash

Post by Nash »

Metal Sonic (Sonic CD version), no question about it. Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik may be Sonics 'main' enemy, but when you look at him how he really is he's laughable. Metal Sonic is the silent clone that stands infront of you with red glowing eyes and in the next second kicks the ba-jebbuz out of you in mach 3. The later Sonic Heroes version is pitiful. Metal Overlord looks like a tentacle monster gone bad.....with blue chrome.
...so yeah, I say Metal Sonic is Sonic's greatest opponent.

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

Oh, my favourite is definitely Pseudo-Sonic from AOSTH, no question.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Esrever wrote:Oh, my favourite is definitely Pseudo-Sonic from AOSTH, no question.
You played that? :shock:

Eggman/Botnick is clearly the best badguy, just because of Metallic Madness. Anyone who comes up with a base like that is a genius.

Plus, the Lava Reef boss sequence is probably only topped by the S3+K Final boss, which is from the same game anyways.

Mecha Sonic doesn't get enough credit. Sure, Metal's waaay more badass, but Mecha's tougher and has a golden mode.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I'm pretty sure anyone would turn gold if you let them stand on top of the Master Emerald.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Then Mecha's at least smarter than Metal.

He stood on the Emerald.

Metal, on the other hand, never even heard of it.

Therefore, Mecha is better.

foxboy666

Post by foxboy666 »

I'm thinking about the flickies, they were evil
Last edited by foxboy666 on Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

The Flickies weren't evil.... or even villians...

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

WIIISE FWOM YOUR GWAAAAVE