Fecal Frequence

Because death would've been too merciful.

Approximately how often do you poop?

More than once per day
34%
Once every day
31%
Once every other day
24%
Once every few days
7%
Once per week
3%
Less than once per week
No votes
Never (females only)
No votes

Total votes: 29

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Fecal Frequence

Post by Segaholic2 »

Suggested by gr4yJ4Y. His mother is so proud.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Re: Fecal Frequence

Post by Farmer »

4 PM, on the dot. Like clockwork.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

When I was a kid I only went once every few days. Now it's more like once a day. No idea what changed.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

This is the greatest poll the GHZ has ever had.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Science in the making.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

poopoo in the weekly polls and peepee in the open forum.

I always crap once a day and occasionally get struck with a night-time poop just as I'm trying to go to sleep. Except for when I go on vacation, then it usually ends up being days before I can go, usually not by choice.

Kogen
Now Playing: Reading the Holy Torah

Post by Kogen »

My dog has a bowel movement 1 - 3 times a day.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

This is possibly my finest achievement.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I poop usually one time a day, almost always at night. The time at night I poop is inconsistent, but it's usually dependent on how much cheese I ate that day.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

More than once a day? Man, what are you people eating?

I used to go once every 3-4 days but for the last year, after changing my diet from normal food to white flour, peanuts, and two bananas a week, I'm going every day or every other day. Less comes out though, and it's much harder and more dense. Come to think of it, it's been softer than it was at first. Maybe my body's getting used to it.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

I lay one or two logs every other day.

Actually, it's more like sometimes I do every day, and other times it takes a few days to come out, so I'll go with the average.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

When you've got more than one bowel movement a day, each load is proportionally smaller. This has only happened to me in the past couple of years and usually only on work days. When I'm off, I generally revert to one larger dump a day.

I do not think there was ever a time in my life when I pooped less than once a day. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how that can even be biologically possible.

Another thing that's always bothered me. Every time I eat Honey Smacks, my pee smells like Honey Smacks. Why is that?

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

you people.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

A lot of stuff can affect the odor of your pee. See also: asparagus, coffee, fruit. I'm sure the biological reasons for this have been well documented by now.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

Well, what are they?

And it's not like it's all cereal. Just Honey Smacks. It would be totally awesome if I could tinkle some Fruity Pebbles aroma. But that doesn't work. Only Honey Smacks and Golden Crisp. Why?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

When I was much younger, I used to poop a little more than once a week. The poops that came out of me were monsters, and in order to actually flush them sometimes they had to be chopped up (an old butter knife kept in the bathroom was specially reserved for this purpose. I was also a really slow pooper, which grew inconvenient and eventually I somehow trained myself to poop faster and more frequently. Now I poop daily, but if I go more than that it's usually because I ate something weird or am not feeling well.

I listened to a podcast recently that referred to holding in a poop and the related buildup of abdominal pressure as "forming a brown diamond."

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

If I ever go to eat at your house, I'm bringing my own silverware.

Farmer
Now Playing: work work work work work

Post by Farmer »

If he offers you nutella, refuse.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

One shouldn't eat nutella regardless. It's fucking disgusting.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

To answer the pee question:

The kidneys are supposed to filter out all molecules in the bloodstream that aren't immediately useful to the body, under the assumption that they're toxic. This includes the water-soluble sweeteners used in soft drinks, as well as 'holic's examples, which contains chemicals that break down into water-soluble components - for example, asparagus contains sulphurous mercaptan, which breaks down into an odorous component.

Diabetics often have unusually sweet-smelling urine because they either lack insulin or don't respond to it properly, resulting in unregulated blood sugar that ends up being filtered by the kidneys. (Insulin tells the cells when it's ok to take up glucose, so when it doesn't work properly, all the sugar stays in the blood and the kidneys do their best to filter it out, even though it isn't really their job. Glucose filtration is sort of an incidental thing that the kidneys do, because the system is supposed to filter out toxins rather than valuable energy resources. But the kidneys will filter out any water-soluble molecule if it's high enough concentration.) Sweet urine can be a warning of diabetes, but they could also be artificial sweeteners, which are completely harmless - something you might want to mention the next time the local hippie starts telling you about how we're poisoning our youth with aspartame or whatever.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Artificial sweeteners are extremely dangerous if you eat 1,000 packets a day. So don't do that, I guess.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

There goes my shot at a world record.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Delphine wrote:Artificial sweeteners are extremely dangerous if you eat 1,000 packets a day.
Most things are.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

The kidneys are supposed to filter out all molecules in the bloodstream that aren't immediately useful to the body, under the assumption that they're toxic. This includes the water-soluble sweeteners used in soft drinks, as well as 'holic's examples, which contains chemicals that break down into water-soluble components - for example, asparagus contains sulphurous mercaptan, which breaks down into an odorous component.
This still doesn't explain why I can tinkle the fragrance of sugar-coated puffed wheat but not grapety purple and orangey orange.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Green Gibbon! wrote:
This still doesn't explain why I can tinkle the fragrance of sugar-coated puffed wheat but not grapety purple and orangey orange.
Presumably it's the same reason you don't piss purple. I think the idea is that you can only piss out what can't be broken down during digestion, but can be taken up into the bloodstream. This includes components of chemicals, as in the case of asparagus, which can be broken down but only to a certain point. This makes it very hard to predict if you're not a biochemist.

It could make an incredible advertising campaign, though. "Turn your piss chocolatey!"