Pick your poison

Because death would've been too merciful.

Which Sonic game are you most looking forward to?

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
9%
Sonic Rush Adventure
28%
Sonic Rivals 2
4%
Sonic RPG
60%

Total votes: 47

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Pick your poison

Post by Segaholic2 »

Now that we know of four different Sonic games coming our way, which one are you most looking forward to? As if any of them aren't going to suck.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Sonic Rush Adventure, though it's technically the game I'm dreading least.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

I'll wait and see what that RPG turns out to be. 'Til then, none of them.

And just me talking, but Mario & Sonic ought to not count on general principle.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

How do we know it's only going to be four games? E3 hasn't started yet. XD

As for my answer, none of them. Though I'm curious to see the media for Sonic RPG and Mario and Sonic at the Olympics. Will my answer change for Sonic RPG at least? We'll see...

Ah, I just noticed it's Sonic's birthday. Unhappy Birthday to a zombie franchise!

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Been a while since we had a poll 'round here.

Are we just talking about handhelds? Becuase i'm not particularly looking forward to the DS version of Mario & Sonic, but the Wii version, now that's a different story.

Though I'll probably say Sonic RPG, since it's a Sonic game that's being developed by what I hear is a competent company.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

While technically that "poster" thing of Mario & Sonic kind of counts as graphical promotion for the game, we've still seen nothing about the RPG, and there're early screenshots of both Rush Adventure and Rivals 2, so I'm gonna wait for some coverage on the former two (for the record: since neither will remotely resemble Sonic's original gameplay it's highly unlikely that I'd ever vote for them, but meh).

Though I think Wii's M&S will just replace button-mashing with wiimote-waggling for the gameplay and call it a day, I'll definetely shut my trap and sit down for the time being.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

For some reason I also thought we were only considering the DS version Sonic & Mario. Like everyone else though, I've yet to see enough to make me want to look forward to either Sonic RPG or Sonic & Mario. I assume with Shigeru Miyamoto overseeing Sonic & Mario, at least the Wii waggling will be of interest, like a Wii Sports 2 of sorts. I don't have a PSP nor do I know anyone who owns one, so that's down for Sonic Rivals 2.

I actually plan on buying Sonic Rush Adventure. I really liked the first one and was hoping for a sequel.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Sonic RPG is being made by the best development studio...

Yeah that's pretty much the only merit.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Sonic Rush Adventure, because they are going to use more or less the same engine used in Sonic Rush, I just hope Sonic still has 50% of the levels like in Rush.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Technically, all of them (excepting Rivals 2)--but since that isn't an option, I chose Mario & Sonic.

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

I've been wanting a Sonic RPG for donkey's years (maybe I'm weird), so I'm placing my bets on that one.

Having said that, I do enjoy Track & Field games, and I'm hoping SRA will be the game the first Rush should have been. As for Rivals 2, I haven't played the original so I can't comment.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Wow, having not been here in so long made me think that these were all joke titles. Sonic RPG?

It got my vote, at least. Time to play catchup.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

They DO sound like joke titles don't they? We should add "Shadow 2: Renegade Hedgehog", "Knuckles' Chaotix Arcade" and "Tails Adventure 2", just for the kicks.

I'll go with Mario & Sonic. It's a clash too big to not be noticed. Although I'd love to see some footage.

DackAttac

Post by DackAttac »

Opa-Opa wrote:Although I'd love to see some footage.
I'd love to see some footage of any of these. Preferably all of these. While I like picking up a title with a certain dosage of mystery inside, I keep remembering the day SA2 was announced there was a handful of screens, which got me excited despite them being very bland. (Although, at the time, I believed better times lied in wait for the hedgehog.)

Here we have some earth-shattering announcements of San Andreas fault-line magnitudes in the realm of one-offs, and nothing to go with them. Imagine some screen-shots of Sonic and Mario going head to head. Or how about Sonic in RPG mode; there just isn't any way words can convey it. Especially given Sega's habit to just blow pure smoke out of their collective ass.

So, what it comes down to is a sequel to a decent 2D game handled by an incompetent company instead of the one that made the original. Hopes will stay low there.

Or how about Rivals, the white noise of the Sonic series? I'd like to see anyone try to remember these silent stinkers in five years.

Which brings us down to the two with potential if only because they each have at least one guaranteed sane person working on them.

Sonic & Mario could work if it has enough modes of play to be worth the price of admission.

Sonic RPG could come through in spades, but quite frankly, I'd like to be shown that it could rather than just assume. The lack of specifics are just killing me. Despite BioWare's involvement, this is a risky bet. If not in terms of quality, in ways that the bizarre combination of elements threaten to make this title irrelevant to Sonic in every way but namesake.

So, my money's on Sonic and Mario.
Segaholic2 wrote:As if any of them aren't going to suck.
It's not that they're all going to suck, it's just that the ones that might not suck would still fail to quench our appetite for a Sonic game.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Hmmmm......

Shigeru Miyamoto hasn't really done anything amazing these past few years, so even if he's involved in Mario & Sonic I'm not to pumped.

Sonic Rush Adventure could be okay, but the graphics look a bit bland and it's not being helmed by Dimps this time, so my hopes are a bit low for this one.

I never played the first Sonic Rivals, so I can't say I'm excited about this one. Could end up being a competent game though

Bioware is a pretty good company as a whole, so it's definitly a good thing they're making a Sonic RPG seeing as they're probably one of the few who are qualified. Plus there's no screens or info on it, so it's really got nothing working against it yet other then the bizzare prospect of a fucking Sonic rpg. So I'll vote for that, although I think it's a bit early for this poll to be up.

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

Protodude wrote:Shigeru Miyamoto hasn't really done anything amazing these past few years
Pikmin 2?

Xigz

Post by Xigz »

Sonic Rush Adventure. Because, if it's anything like the original Sonic Rush, it'll be pretty fun.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

The greatest thing in Miyamoto's agenda as of now is Super Mario Galaxy. Looks promising, but not an absolute revolution as it seems Nintendo wants it to be. I'm with Protodude, the guy released some good stuff, but nothing absolutely impressive lately.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

I feel like I should agree with Samface, but I haven't played Pikmin 2 yet(it's still wrapped up on my shelf) and I feel like a bad person, somehow.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

That is because Pikmin 2 is in fact incredibly fun. Not revolutionary or anything, but a very good (if incredibly difficult) game.

J.C.14
Douche Bag
Douche Bag

Re: Pick your poison

Post by J.C.14 »

Sonic RPG.

Sonic Rush was complete shit, so why should it's sequel be any better. Sonic games only go more and more downhill; I miss Sonic Adventure.

Mario and Sonic Olympics looks like I'd play for about 20 minutes and get bored immediately just like Wii Sports.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Obvious [(troll/idiot/enormous faggot) <-- PICK ONE] is obvious.

Go whine to someone who cares (and won't roast you alive for necroposting).

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

Dude, it's the polls section. Plenty of people have posted in old ones, and there have been worse offenses than this one. Calm down and quit flying off the handle just because he has douchebag status.

Granted his reasoning concerning SRA is terrible, but that doesn't mean you have to react to it.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

Sorry. Being an admin (of a different site, natch) myself, I have this auto-reaction to people who post negatively in "dead" topics. :PB: