Does your keyboard smell like poo?

Because death would've been too merciful.

Do you always wash after using the bathroom?

Of course, this isn't the middle fucking ages.
80%
Only after number 2.
11%
No, but when in a public restroom I pretend to.
6%
Nah, fuggit.
No votes
The smell of poo turns me on.
3%

Total votes: 65

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Does your keyboard smell like poo?

Post by Green Gibbon! »

We as a society have evolved to become acutely aware of hygiene, but it's mostly a recent transformation. Only within the past century, for example, has showering become a daily ritual even in developed nations, to say nothing of deodorant, dental floss, and toilet paper.

HOWEVER.

There is something peculiar in the air of most public restroom settings that restores, at least for the duration of the visit, the most primal of anti-hygienic instincts in even the most fastidious visitors. Perhaps it's the unrestrained nature of the grafitti scrawled along the length of each wall or the unbearable odor of improperly flushed excrement that prompts denizens to make their business as expeditious as possible. Whatever the cause, I am of the distinct impression that few people make use of the sinks provided, and there is of course no reason to believe that their cleaning habits in private are any different.

So, does your keyboard smell like poo?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

This was an unusual choice of poll, given all the big Sega-oriented announcements this week. >_>

Anyway, always after #2, and occasionally after a pee as well, depending on the circumstances.

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

Shadow Hog wrote:This was an unusual choice of poll, given all the big Sega-oriented announcements this week. >_>
Who the fuck cares about any of that? Does your keyboard smell like poo?

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

Ever since doing my time in food service and having to clean those bathrooms, I've developed a real appreciation for how horrible they are and washing hands there no matter what happens is an absolute must. You're gonna get filth on your hands just pushing the door open. I get my paper towels out before I wash my hands, and when I turn off the facet, I use the paper towel. Because I know not everyone washes their hands, I also use the paper towel to open the door, and then, holding the door open with my foot, I'll make a shot for the garbage can. If I miss, so be it, I'm not touching that thing once it's been on the floor--my hands are clean!

That said, at home I'm more relaxed, but still always after number 2 (that's what I've checked). My strange quirk is that the time when I absolutely MUST wash my hands is after being outside for any length of time for any reason. It's like I can feel the outdoors on my hands--fine, while I'm outdoors--but while indoors, if I don't wash my hands as quickly as possible I'm pretty sure the world will end.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Shadow Hog wrote:This was an unusual choice of poll, given all the big Sega-oriented announcements this week. >_>
We already have a NiGHTS poll, and no one gives a fuck about Sonic in the goddamn Olympics.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

I'm going to go with G.Silv and say when outdoors it's a must.

At home, i'm more relaxed about it.

And by relaxed, I mean, I haven't washed in days.

And by days, I mean weeks.

And by weeks, I mean this poll is stupid.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I usually only wash my hands after number 2, I'll give a courtesy wash after number 1 or if I was unfortunate enough to get a little piss on my hand.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I actually wash my hands all the time. Say I've scratched my foot, I wash my hands. I'm going to eat something, I wash my hands. After I ate something, I wash my hands. And so on.

Funny thing is, my keyboard actually does smell like poo!

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Yeah, I wash after every visit and may God save he who I find doing otherwise in my house. Also, my bathroom's faucet handle catches slightly before turning off all the way, causing the faucet to drip, something that everyone else in my house seems hell-bent on ignoring. It drives me nuts.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Do you always wash after using the bathroom?
Every single time- touching dust is reason enough to me.
And for the record, my keyboard smells like dried sweat.

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

I'm an obsessive washer, especially after being outdoors. I have no delusions about being clean; I know the world is much dirtier than we would like to believe, but... it's not the middle fucking ages, wash up.

This Straight Dope article is illuminating.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

You bunch of pussy prudes.

The results of this poll are not what I expected.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I don't know why but they surprise me too. I'm actually right there with G.Silv., paper towel for grabbing the door and everything, only I live in a dorm with community restrooms/showers. It's a good day when I don't find pubic hair all over one of the sinks. I wash 'em all the time, every time.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I wash my hands every time. I use more soap after number 2. Sometimes when I'm in a rush or I'm about to get my hands dirty anyway I'll skip it. And other times I just don't use soap because I don't want that strong soapy smell.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

Yeah, if there's no poop involved I generally just rinse.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Any of you guys who chose the second and third responses, remind me to never shake your hands.

Also, I'm like Locit and G. Silver when it comes to public restrooms, even though supposedly women wash their hands more often than men do. You can never be too sure.

Besides, with washing your hands you have less of a chance of catching an illness.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE

Post by Green Gibbon! »

No matter how you shake and dance
The last few drops fall in your pants

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Green Gibbon! wrote:No matter how you shake and dance
The last few drops fall in your pants
One of the truths of this universe

Ashura

Post by Ashura »

This poll is quite odd for a sonic the hedgehog site.... who runs this anyways?

WTF!!!!

:razz: good thing the smell o' poop doesn't turn anyone on... that would be weird though....
:shock: OMG! sikko!

random :arrow: hee hee... who like montey python and the holy grail? tis funay!!! I like monty python!
Dey is funnahy!(as u already heard...) :FUK:

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

The smell of poo turns EVERYONE on. Especially you.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Something tells me everyone's gonna love this Ashura character..

Bo
Drano Master

Post by Bo »

This morning I went into the building where my first class is and used the ground floor bathroom to urinate. I went to wash my hands, absently putting one of them under the faucet's detector and putting soap on the other simultaneously. I wait... and the water doesn't turn on. I try again. No water. I move to the other two sinks. None of the motion detectors work. I was stuck with a handful of pink soap, which I laboriously wiped off with a paper towel.

I felt weird all day, even after I washed my hands before my next class. Moral of the story:
1) Wash your hands
2) But not before making sure there is running water

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Bo. Please make your avatar stop moving.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

You should make it an animated gif just to fuck with people.

aso

Post by aso »

In one of my Psych classes, we had to complete a 'naturalistic observation' exercise. Apparently one of the most popular choices for naturalistic observation was to see whether people wash their hands or not in a public bathroom after they had done the deed.

An interesting choice for a study, but apparently it invades the privacy of people a little too much or some such nonsense. (I studied the pizza ordering habits of people instead. Bunch of fatasses. Not that I'm exactly free from that label.)

Oh, and yeah. Wash every time, or nearly every time. Anyone who doesn't is disgusting.