Into Dreams

Because death would've been too merciful.

How do you feel about a NiGHTS sequel?

I want it. I want it bad.
21%
Please, please no.
31%
It doesn't matter to me.
48%

Total votes: 48

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Into Dreams

Post by Delphine »

I'm going to keep making crappy polls until someone else around here makes decent ones!

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

With Sega's current situation? I'd rather die.

WW

Post by WW »

Never liked Nights, so I don't care either way.

aso

Post by aso »

There's a chance that it could be good...

... but given Sonic Team's current track record, I'd have to say 'No'. I'm thinking that a bomb of Sonic 360 proportions could result from an attempted NiGHTs sequel.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

The original was just OK, contrary to what a lot of hype says about it, and I'd like to see where they go from there.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

I never played the original since the Saturn wasn't very popular around here. But I always wanted to. I've been thinking of buying a Saturn just to play NiGHTS, Burning Rangers and Sonic Jam.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Regardless of being over hyped I still think the game is fantastic. It was my favorite game as a kid without even knowing at all whether it was popular or not so I really don't think hype has anything to do with its quality. If a sequel to this game ever were to be made it should have been done years ago on the dreamcast. Sonic Team's peak in terms of quality and creativity was then, not now. Not now.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

I've been playing a bit of Nights recently. Enjoying it. I can't imagine the powers that be fucking up a 2D, on rails, flying game but I thought the same when Sonic Genesis was announced.

It does depend who is behind it. If its Sonic Team then the chances of it being rushed and shite is high. If its made by AV or AM2 then it has a better chance of it being good.

Looshi

Post by Looshi »

Giving the current state of Sega? Hell no, they already have ruined enough of my favorite game series. I can't imagine what they would do to Nights.

However, I wouldn't mind a remake on a more modern system. Give it some shiny graphics, maybe an extra level or two. I don't think they could totally destroy it that way. How hard could a simple remake be?

*looks at Sonic 1 GBA*

Forgive everything I said.

Professor Machenstein

Post by Professor Machenstein »

If Ogawa's team is making it then it should be fine. Secret Rings does feel a bit similar to NiGHTS in terms of gameplay and visual style. There's also the prospect of it being on the Wii. That should seal the deal. I just hope the developers spend more time and effort on this game... if it's being made, that is. Like TRiPPY said, this isn't the Sonic franchise. As a matter of fact, Sonic isn't the Sonic franchise either. Sonic has/had as much artistic value as NiGHTS, but all everyone saw was just another extremeâ„¢ mascot character and another IP cash-in. All in all, just treat your IP's with more respect. I'm actually glad there's no Sonic games on the horizon right now (At the time this was typed) since I would be reluctant too if I had spent the past 16 years making Sonic games nonstop.

Back to NiGHTS, I'm on the fence with a sequel. On one hand, there's SEGA's track record. On the other hand... well, where do I start? 11 years. Strong cult following. Air NiGHTS. Wii. Motion-sensing technology. Many possibilities. Should we live in the "what if" or should we go for it?

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

I went for "it doesn't matter" because that's the closest option to how I feel.

Basically, NiGHTS is my all-time favourite game and has been for years - since 1996, basically - and it's so well put-together that I don't have much of a craving for a sequel. If there is one I will certainly buy it, even if it's crappy, but if there isn't I won't be that bothered.

I'd much rather have a Burning Rangers 2, actually. Now there is a game that didn't achieve its full potential first time round.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

If I had actually played the game a lot, I might not feel as I do, but since my experience with it is limited to 5 minutes of not knowing what I'm doing at Target and 15 minutes at a party, I'd like to see a sequal.

But I'm not looking forward to it as a sequal, but as something new.

You know Sega had this planned for one day. I don't think Sega putting NiGHTS in cameos in all those games was ment to be a sign of them not planning to do anything with it. This sort of thing is usually done to keep it in the mind of the gamer for when something does come about. You definately don't see Burning Ranger bilboards in any games nowadays.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Nights was a weapon they vowed never to utilize until their darkest hour. It's like the matrix from Transformers the Movie(1986).

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

They've fucked up every other one of their big-name licenses except Virtua Fighter and Shenmue. Why not?

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

Radrappy wrote:Nights was a weapon they vowed never to utilize until their darkest hour. It's like the matrix from Transformers the Movie(1986).
I think their darkness hour has already came years ago, with Sega crashing and Burning....and now being owned by a Panchinko company.

Samface

Post by Samface »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:They've fucked up every other one of their big-name licenses except Virtua Fighter and Shenmue. Why not?
When did they screw up Virtua Tennis?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Or <i>Panzer Dragoon</i>, <i>Jet Set Radio</i>, <i>Streets of Rage</i>, etc.

Samface

Post by Samface »

JSR had an isometric GBA edition that was apparently awful.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I can confirm it was pretty blah. The control setup was reminiscent of Resident Evil if that's any indication.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

I still hope sega makes a sequel to space channel 5. I mean, sure sega has been fucking up lately (or for the last couple of years) but there's no way anybody can mess up simon says.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Didn't a sequel come out on the Dreamcast?

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

yeah, I meant a sequel to volume 2.

Zeta

Post by Zeta »

JSR GBA was alright. Uninspiried - it was an overhead version of the DC version with stripped down graphics, but the gameplay and structure were pretty faithful to to the Dreamcst original.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:They've fucked up every other one of their big-name licenses except Virtua Fighter and Shenmue. Why not?
I've always had this feeling that Virtua Fighter was BORN fucked up. I mean, the game is boring as hell. Even Tekken with all it's slowness is better than VF.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Teeheehee