Into Dreams

Because death would've been too merciful.

How do you feel about a NiGHTS sequel?

I want it. I want it bad.
21%
Please, please no.
31%
It doesn't matter to me.
48%

Total votes: 48

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

Tekken is the worst 3-D fighting franchise ever. Its character are lame, stereotypical, and horrendously unbalanced, the level design is boring, the characters move clunky even in Tekken 4 and 5, the CG is tacky, the voice acting sucks, the music is annoying consistently throughout the series, but worse is that there's no skill: you can bash buttons and win over half the time. Or you could, but the AI is such a jack-ass for no reason at certain times you'll get your ass handed to you quite often.

To answer a previous reply, Streets of Rage got botched with the third title. I couldn't even play 20 minutes of that game without turning off my emulator.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

None of that stuff matters, it's the fact that Tekken is based around 50 to 100% life wall juggles that makes it completely worthless. If you get hit by that launcher you might as well just walk away for a bit and come back later to see if you're still alive.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:To answer a previous reply, Streets of Rage got botched with the third title. I couldn't even play 20 minutes of that game without turning off my emulator.
I can't say as I've played much of <i>SoR3</i>, but I'd say <i>BK3</i> (ie: the Japanese version) is easily one of the best in the series. The music's weaker, fine, but they nailed just about everything else. Difficulty's just right (about on par with <i>SoR2</i>, unlike ultra-hard <i>SoR3</i>), the special move system has been refined to the extent that you aren't penalized for using it when you really, really need to, and most importantly, Ash. Ash is awesome.

It's not like it's that hard to make a sequel, either. So what if what was purported to be all that was left of Mr. X - his brain - was destroyed at the end of <i>BK3</i>? I mean, brains are rather nondescript; it'd be pretty easy for that brain to lie and SAY he was Mr. X, but in actuality Mr. X was quite fine and dandy, watching the events unfold from a safe, undisclosed location (as per the bad ending, when it appears Mr. X is watching the White House/Town Hall thing go awry - if he was really reduced to a mere brain, then who the hell was watching that?). It's a bit of a copout, fine, but at least it's a non-contradictory copout.

Although the whole "I'm a brain wheeeeeeeeeeee" thing is kinda weird no matter WHAT angle you look at it from.

Xigz

Post by Xigz »

I want it, but not until Sega learns what's best, and how to not fuck up a series.
I loved the original on the Saturn, and I'd hate to see what they'd do to NiGHTS's gameplay. They took away the speed from Sonic, and tried to add something to make it 'original' or whatever, and it just ended up being gimmiky.
I don't want another fun series to take the same turn.
Last edited by Xigz on Mon May 28, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Necromancy is frowned upon here unless you've got something really relevant, friend. Best pick up on that quick-like.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Yeah, no. It's the Weekly Poll, not the main forum. Not a big deal.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

My bad.

Isuka
Now Playing: Tekken 7

Post by Isuka »

OK, I'll bite since it was already bumped.

I'm much like J4Y, only a bit different: I played the game almost exactly 10 years ago, with one of the first Saturn controllers, the really sucky ones, and I couldn't stand it for more than 15~20 minutes. Also, it was at a friend's house so I couldn't play much anyways, and tragically never got it pretty clear what was I supposed to do to get to the next stage and so on (my friend did but wasn't fluid in explaining game mechanics).

Concerning the sequel, both Sonic Team's recent track record and the platform's election point to a dumbed-down, glitchy game (at best), but it always can result decent, so I go for doesn't matter.

Oh, and I definetely think Burning Rangers is an ideal IP to revive in the XBOX 360 or the PlayStation 3.