GHZ Art Contest - Best Art

Because death would've been too merciful.

Whose art is best?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:22 am

Adamis
1%
BlazeHedgehog
1%
cjmcray
1%
dashfox1
18%
DBurraki
29%
Esrever
1%
Frieza2000
1%
G.Silver
3%
Jamie Lee
1%
Kelso
No votes
Opa-Opa
10%
Radrappy
31%
Senbei
3%
theEyZmaster
1%
Wooduck51
1%

Total votes: 191

dashfox1

Post by dashfox1 »

believe me or not i don't care i ran out of friends a while ago i'm glad there are people voting for me.

And I do understand that people feel ive been doing some foul play Yes i asked some of my friends to vote for my only because segaholic said we could.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

For the love of god would you stop spouting run on sentences?

Also we know the rules and that Segaholic specifically encouraged getting friends to vote. You don't have to keep justifying your actions.

here is the quote:

"Don't be afraid to submit something because you think it's not good enough or whatever. Entering anything is better than entering nothing. Also, you can invite your friends to join the forum and vote for you. Be shameless; it is a contest after all."

When read in context it is my belief that he intended it for those who lacked confidence in their work and were afraid of posting as he wanted as many submissions as possible. However what's said is said and the results are apparent.

dashfox1

Post by dashfox1 »

Alright alright i'll shut up now jeez.

Might want to mention my inability to type proper grammar.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Don't mention it. Fix it.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Senbei wrote:The positioning of the safe on the right does bother me a bit; I think I'd prefer the picture to be more symmetrical.
Could you explain for my benefit please? I thought I had done pretty good with Shadow and the clock opposite the safe and window, should I have left the safe out completely?

Also does anyone have a good tip on how to make the prismas blend together better? I used a colorless blender on the pic but it did not blend as much as I would have liked.

Elbot

Post by Elbot »

Double-S- wrote:Dburraki's picture would be much, much better if he cut off the top half.
DB is a girl. And also, from a design stand-point, it isn't a bad idea to add logospace to poster art, since logos often change between which region the subject (in this case, a game) is released in.

Also, it disappoints me that Dashfox is winning. If it were just the background, it might actually be okay, but the characters are poorly drawn, inked and colored in a style that does not fit with the background. Overall it just plain clashes.

I was actually hoping that Deebs or Radrappy would win. Shows how much taste people actually have...

Heroic One

Post by Heroic One »

Hizzah for Mr. Logan!

Grant

Post by Grant »

Opa needs more votes. C'mon already, you know it's right.

Opa-Opa
Now Playing: The Red Ring of Death (X360)

Post by Opa-Opa »

Grant wrote:Opa needs more votes. C'mon already, you know it's right.
Listen to Grant! He speaks the truth and his words are wise.

Heheh, thanks man! Much appreciated!

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Took me a while to decide, but I went with Opa in the end. One of my favorite things about Sonic is the scenery, and Opa-Opa did a jaw-droppingly fantastic job on Green Hill. Couldn't have asked for more.

Runners up (in no particular order) are Esrever, Redrappy, and Adamis.

Jax

Post by Jax »

Wow, all this smack about Dash's artwork? Evidently there's people who are interested in his artwork, sure there's some ill ones like D's or Redrappy, but come on, whoever wins wins.

Persona-sama

Post by Persona-sama »

LOL internet forum contests.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

LOL indeed

Mr. Apol

Post by Mr. Apol »

rappy's is pretty much superior in every way to everything on here except maybe opa opa's.

dashfox's is awful looking no matter how you wrap your brain around it.

dashfox1

Post by dashfox1 »

Well, theres a few days left in the contest. Anything could still happen at this point. Don't sweat it, maybe your favorite will still win.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I voted for senbei's. I like the marker colored look to the picture..I've never been a big fan of digital coloring (though the vast majority of these pics are still awesome).

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:I voted for senbei's. I like the marker colored look to the picture..I've never been a big fan of digital coloring (though the vast majority of these pics are still awesome).
My lack of computer expertise strikes again! In a good way this time!
Wooduck51 wrote:Could you explain for my benefit please? I thought I had done pretty good with Shadow and the clock opposite the safe and window, should I have left the safe out completely?
No, I just think the safe should've acted as a counter-balance for Shadow. If you'd left an amount of floor space between the desk and the safe equal to the space between the desk and Shadow, I'd have been happier. I don't think I'm the best person to ask though, since I don't regularly crique art.

Opa-Opa

Post by Opa-Opa »

Alright. I'm pretty much out of competition, since right now most people will vote on DB or Radrappy's entry after they see the partial results, depending on who they want to win.

I do want to win, even third place would fall like a charm for my PS2, and I put a lot of effort in that work. I really appreciated that so many people here liked it enough to vote for me, that was what I was aiming for.

So that leaves me to a question:

Should I ask my friends to vote for me so I could be closer to the winners again?

I'm asking you guys to help me on that.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

I really liked G Silver's drawing but they're all very good.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Opa-Opa wrote:Should I ask my friends to vote for me so I could be closer to the winners again?
Uh, yes. Obviously Dash did.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

I'm a little surprised we haven't had at least one anarchist vote for the joke entry. I guess nobody wants to throw their vote away with prizes on the line.

Sniffnoy

Post by Sniffnoy »

I'm just disappointed that Holic didn't actually include it in worst as well.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

Opa Opa. Do it. Decency left this contest about three days ago when the poll first became skewed. In my opinion, you should be a contender for the top three. If you believe that you work deserves it then do it. When you glance over this very discussion topic, it becomes pretty apparent that you have the strong support of actual GHZ members.

dashfox1

Post by dashfox1 »

Delphine wrote:
Opa-Opa wrote:Should I ask my friends to vote for me so I could be closer to the winners again?
Uh, yes. Obviously Dash did.
Indeed I did im not going to lie. Thank god all this shit talk has stoped.

Halcyon

Post by Halcyon »

I vote for DBurraki, mainly because it is official-looking and has a pretty tight Eggman shadow thing going on. It's mostly the Eggman effect that did me in, though.