Everybody Votes!

Because death would've been too merciful.

So, do you have your Wii yet?

Yeah, I reserved mine and had it at launch, suckers.
12%
Yeah, but I had to get up at asscrack in the morning and camp out to get it.
23%
Not yet.
54%
No, and I don't want one! I hate fun!
9%
No, but I have a PS3! God I hate myself.
2%

Total votes: 65

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Everybody Votes!

Post by Delphine »

Eh, what the hell. It's not like anyone else is making polls.

Yami CJMErl

Post by Yami CJMErl »

True story: I got mine at the local Best Buy about four weeks ago.

I got the LAST RESERVE TICKET in the place.

I'm pretty damned lucky.

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

Post by Green Gibbon! »

I had tried to reserve the damn thing four times over the course of the year as far back as spring. Every single time they told me "it's too early, we're not taking reservations yet". Even up to a month before the friggin' launch. Apparently the window for reservations was, like, half a day.

Back when I was slinging games we'd get reservation sku's a day or two after a console was announced. Of course, mass shortages weren't in fashion back then.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

I've yet to get one, although to be honest, it's not like I've really been trying. I haven't called/checked any stores, and I've been spending all of my money on anime recently.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I've had a few oppurtunities to buy one, but I never have a strong desire to own one until I can't find one. Like I saw one at Best Buy on launch day and didn't grab it, by the time I left it was gone. My sister called me two weekends ago from a local EBgames and said they had some, but I was planning on going on a trip that didn't pan out last weekend and wanted to save my money so I passed again. I got Twilight Princess for Christmas though.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I camped out in line but it was for a midnight sale. Didn't have to get up early, but I did test the limits of how long I could go without taking a piss.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I'm considering buying one when I have money. I'd prefer to wait until there's a better game library, at which time I hope the console itself will be easier to find. As of right now, though, I'm happy with the stacks of good games for the PS2.

WW

Post by WW »

Got mine at launch. Did'nt even have to wait in a line.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Got mine by getting up stupid early and driving from place to place until I found out Toys R Us had like eighty in stock and went there. I brought donuts, though, so the wait wasn't that bad.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

poll wrote: No, and I don't want one! I hate fun!

No, but I have a PS3! God I hate myself.
This sounds incredibly fanboy-ish and biased. Oh well.

I don't have a Wii. I DO want to try one, since the new Sonic and Wario are on said console.

But for $250, I want a console with some power under the hood. As I said in a previous topic, the Wii seems to be "GameCube 2.0" Not much difference to the GameCube, other than a new white/blue model and controller setup.

I really dislike Sony for their arrogant "We're gonna charge $600 for this console, only becuase we know people are gonna buy it either way, since it has the PlayStation name on it." Also, i'm still bitter over the death of Dreamcast. Nyah. And while the Ps3 has nothing really to offer as of now other than Resistance, graphically, it has a LOT to offer, and MGS4 is supposed to take full advantage of it. It'll probably take a year or two, but the Ps3 will probably pick up steam and get a lot of AAA titles, with some astounding graphics. But until then, I won't be buying one.

As for the 360, no. Like the Wii, it's only marginally better than it's prior console. Also, these things are infamous for dying out quickly, and warranties are only for 30 days, so once it runs out, THAT'S when you'll encounter a problem, and you'll be forced to plunk down $300 for a new one. Ugh.

I seem to have gotten off-topic and gone on about all 3 consoles.

So, short answer: No, i don't have one.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

First of all, the warranty is a year, second of all you could argue it is as powerful as the PS3. The CPU is weaker, but the GPU is stronger. Plus it has the far superior online service, so your 360 arguments are either false or apply to the PS3 as well.

Not to sound like a Xbox fanboy, but you know, I like to keep the facts straight.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

cjmcray wrote:This sounds incredibly fanboy-ish and biased.
The PS3 is six-hundred fucking dollars. If it was reasonable I would already own one.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

Working on it. Money is a factor, but then also the fact that it is a multiplayer console and I never have people over my house. The only reason I'd want to buy one at the moment is for Zelda:TP, and I can get that on the GameCube and save myself some wrist strain (although I am still strangely reticent to do so, as if "only" owning the GC version is a crime against humanity).

Maybe when Mario Galaxy's out I'll start saving again.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I don't see how owning only the Gamecube version is so bad: it was originally made for the system, after all.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Technically and financially, the Wii is probably the most overpriced of the three systems, and the PS3 is arguably the best deal for dollars to technology.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I'm close to have enough money, but I don't know if I should get a DS first.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

fuck the wii, 360 and ps3. Psp is where it's at, because all their best games are ports of classic games (street fighter alpha 3, guilty gear, sega genesis collection, GITARRO MAN!).

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I got a Wii about a month or so after launch but I didn't actually have much trouble getting one. I ordered it from an online store that was out of stock at the time and didn't expect to get it for about a month or so but it actually got delivered within the week.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Brazillian Cara wrote:I'm close to have enough money, but I don't know if I should get a DS first.
At this point in time, the DS is the better deal seeing that it has a large library of great games and all.

Also, I don't have a Wii as it doesn't have a decent catalog of must-have games yet and it is still hard to find. There are a few games I'm looking forward to such as Kororinpa: Marble Mania, Dewy's Adventure, Super Paper Mario, and Mario Galaxy so ideally I would like to own a Wii as soon as all four are out. By that time I could probably stroll down to my local Wal-Mart without having to wait in line to purchase one.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I had a friend who waited in line to pre-order the system, but then he had to pay for his car to get repaired and couldn't afford it. So, he let me buy it off him. I really should hang out with him more now that I think about it.

But it was a pretty impulsive decision. All that was worth owning at launch for me was Zelda. And I'm looking forward to Sonic next week. Plus there's a lot of games coming out throughout the year that I'm interested in.

Maybe I should start renting games again since money is tight...

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

No, and I don't want one! I hate fun!, Besides i can get USED N64 CARDRIGES REALLY CHEAP!

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Arcade wrote:Besides i can get USED N64 CARDRIGES REALLY CHEAP!
OH MY GOD WHAT A REVELATION!

Camped out for mine. This is, to date, the only thing, period, that I've camped out for. Period. I'm not really sure why, but I don't regret it, since they've been impossible to find ever since.

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

Light Speed wrote:First of all, the warranty is a year
Really? That's strange. I came across a post at an XBox360 forum, someone saying that their 360 died, and their 30-day warranty expired, so they were screwed. Hm.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Waiting for the price drop, then i'll pounce. By then Metroid Prime 3 will have come out, and provided things work out well on Sonic's end and I have the extra cash, I may pick up Wildfire sometime afterward. That is, under the assumption that it's not the kind of Sonic games we'll being seeing nothing but of for the next 3 years. Super Paper Mario is starting to look interesting, and since i'd probably do so eventually anyway I might go for Mario Galaxy.

On the other hand, i'm just now starting to embrace the possibility of getting a PS2. That might happen this summer. Though I know one thing's for certain: if Blue Dragon turns out as big a flop as I think it will (allegedly it has next to no difficulty whatsoever), and Sonic Next's PC release turns out to not be a slapdash port, my 360 is going out the door, into the backseat our truck, and driven out to Gamestop or wherever in exchange for whatever money I can get back off of it. I will not own another neglected console that I will do next to nothing with, and my patience with the 360's software lineup is extremely short compared to the Wii's.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Segaholic2 wrote:Technically and financially, the Wii is probably the most overpriced of the three systems, and the PS3 is arguably the best deal for dollars to technology.
While that's all sorts of logical and reasonable, my wallet looks at the Wii and says, "Yeah, I can do that," and it looks at the PS3 and screams.

gr4yJ4Y, you should try Elebits. It's cutesy but it's fun. And you get to throw stuff, which is always a plus.