Everybody Votes!

Because death would've been too merciful.

So, do you have your Wii yet?

Yeah, I reserved mine and had it at launch, suckers.
12%
Yeah, but I had to get up at asscrack in the morning and camp out to get it.
23%
Not yet.
54%
No, and I don't want one! I hate fun!
9%
No, but I have a PS3! God I hate myself.
2%

Total votes: 65

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Yeah, Elebits, Monkey Ball, and Trauma Center all had my eye for a rental at some point. I'm told Elebits and Trauma Center are pretty short. I might get over the the video store if plans don't develope for spring break.

Grant

Post by Grant »

I love the Wii!

It hasn't bothered me at all that the Wii isn't capable of the graphics of 360 or PS3. I have very little interest in that kind of thing.

What I wanted for a console was something that would be simple, fun and encouraging for multiplayer. Wii Sports, WarioWare, Bomberman '93 and Gunstar Heroes on the VC have all provided this and have justified my decision already a thousand times over.

Also, I never owned a GameCube so the post-launch/post-holiday game slump hasn't affected me since I've been catching up on a few 'Cube titles that I missed (RE4 and Paper Mario in particular). Not to mention several fun Virtual Console games that I never had a chance to play before (chiefly Military Madness and, because I also never owned a SNES, Super Mario World and Link to the Past).

The only thing that interests me about the other next-gen consoles is Xbox Live which I've had fun with on friends' consoles, but if I had to choose again, I'd still take the in-the-room trash talking of Wii Tennis or the frantic pace of WarioWare's multiplayer.

So yeah. I love the Wii!

James McGeachie

Post by James McGeachie »

I don't have the system yet. My only motivation to get it on or around launch was Zelda but I decided that wasn't enough to justify hunting everywhere for one and ended up with the Gamecube version.

As of now where's a few titles that interest me in the near future and I'd like to get one about now but I'm not in a massive rush or anything. When I can easily obtain one without having to search it out or plan beforehand then I'll get one, otherwise I really can't be bothered with the effort, especially since I still have a backlog of games to catch up on, such as the entire Prince of Persia trilogy, Yoshi's Island DS, Dragon Quest VIII, Okami, Dark Cloud 2, Kingom Hearts: Chain of Memories and some other shit I can't remember.

For the record by the way that list doesn't mean I play shitloads of rpg's, it just means they're the ones I can never be bothered actually finishing.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

I got an Xbox360 free from some online thing, but not a Wii, and I hate myself. The greatest obstacle to my acquiring a Wii is that it is not in-stock anywhere on the freakin' planet, save New Zealand.

On the Xbox, Microsoft is a bastard who has honed taking your money to an art, and lacks a great amount of games I want to play. This is made worse because I lack a hard drive to play original Xbox games, namely physco-nauts.

Xigz

Post by Xigz »

I got mine three days after Christmas. Insanely lucky, I was.
I went to Target for cloths, and while I was looking at this one shirt, and had about four others in my arm, I heard this guy that worked there say, "WII sure do."
I asked him if that call with for the Wii, and he said "Yes, it was. We have one left." As soon as he said 'We' I was about half way to the electronics with the cloths still in my hands. I must have looked like and idiot. But I got it.

Needless to say, the people who called in where Wii-less.