The Official Poll Suggestion Thread

Because death would've been too merciful.
Shadow Hog

Re: The Official Poll Suggestion Thread

Post by Shadow Hog »

He did, however, forget Team Fortress 2. C'mon, man, that game's got the most important plot points in the entire series! Remember how many characters they killed off in that one?

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Isn't Team Fortress 2 essentially covered in the Heavy arcs in Black Knight and Archie? I've never played through that one all the way. There was just too much focus on Sonic and not enough of the sensational supporting cast.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Black Knight kind of glosses over it. Archie went and nearly retconned it - I mean, the BLU Spy died in-game, but Archie arbitrarily gave him the Dead Ringer and wound him up on Eggman's side. So like them!

K2J
Now Playing: Ocarina of Time 3D

Post by K2J »

Shadow Hog wrote:C'mon, man, that game's got the most important plot points in the entire series! Remember how many characters they killed off in that one?
But most of them either respawned or were revealed into being Spies on the official Japanese website. Though I did enjoy that one scene where Tails ended up raising a family with the Engineer before both were gunned down by a combination of Vector and the Demoman as commanded by Saxton Hale and Mina Mongoose. It was so emotional, and really tied all of the plot threads of those characters together.

Dr. BUGMAN
Now Playing: Poverty

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

beards

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

What other Sonic sites do you regularly visit?

(list of Sonic sites)

(I only go here, so...)

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

I don't know or care about other Sonic sites. I don't even come here for Sonic, because I don't care about the franchise anymore.

K2J

Post by K2J »

I have a feeling that everyone on Sonic-CulT felt the same way so much that they eventually changed the name.

I pal around with Retro, much along the sidelines like I do here. I'm also the primary contributor to and co-founder of the Sonic sub-reddit.

Wombatwarlord777
Now Playing: WarioWare Gold

Post by Wombatwarlord777 »

I haunt the halls of the SRB2 and Retro forums, though I don't really discuss the Sonic franchise that much anymore either.

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I visited the official Sega boards for one stretch of time. My head nearly exploded from the clusterfuck of idiocy.

My favorite point, though, was when one user suggested Sonic should read Scripture.

K2J

Post by K2J »

Was this before or after the Secret Rings, where King Solomon appeared?

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

After, around the time Sonic was confirmed for Brawl (probably what got most nuts out of the woodwork).

I don't like thinking there was any logical reasoning for it; just a non-sequitur spouted by some nutcase. Could've been Arcade, come to think of it.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

I "go" to other sites if only for the purpose of keeping up with what's going on, but this is about the only place I make any serious effort toward anymore, because most everything else has either gone to shit or been run out of town by Sonic Retro. (Or, in the case of Sonic Stadium, has been their same sorry selves, though Slingerland's blog posts are occasionally fun. Talk about out of place.)

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

We really need a poll about the "Worst Sega game ever"

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

your posts

Dr. BUGMAN

Post by Dr. BUGMAN »

I'd like to know what you guys prefer, hand-drawn illustrations or computer-generated renders. I keep looking through what game boy manuals that somehow survived and admiring the old illustrations, including those relatively crude Mario drawings. It might be nostalgia, but I think there's a quaint charm in the handiwork that's lost through hi-res renders.

Crowbar

Post by Crowbar »

3D renders suck, drawings all the way.

Then again, I did get really fucking sick of the style of Yuji Uekawa's illustrations for the post-Adventure Sonic games after about 5 years. Sonic Battle's weren't great by themselves but were a refreshing change. Not sure how I feel about the modern Sonic renders in comparison to the Adventure illustrations, which probably indicates that they are just bland and I thus have no feelings for them at all.

There's no nostalgia there, those older drawings, even the crappier ones, were a hell of alot more appealing than the soulless renders used for most Mario artwork now.

CM August

Post by CM August »

Cool idea for a poll. Despite the ubiquitousness of 3D nowadays, it 's far from being as artless as some claim it to be. For me, it depends on the subject - something designed for 2D tends to look best that way, and same with 3D.

That's not all though. Like Crowbar's comment about Uekawa, it depends a lot on how the medium is actually used.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

I stoped caring about computer-generated renders after the year 2000, I like hand draw stuff more, but I have a weak spot for pixel art, monkey island for example, the old VGA one, I love it...

cjmcray

Post by cjmcray »

What genre should the Sonic Franchise tackle next?

-Survival Horror
-First Person Shooter
-Music (Get a wireless Shadow guitar when your preorder exclusively at Gamestop!)
-Real Time Strategy
-MMORPG
-Sandbox

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I know this is supposed to be an ironic list, but seriously, Sandbox.

A big, sprawling, interconnected city like in GTA, but each district of the city of the city is a "zone." Make it heavily explorable, and structured enough so that a person could play a complete "game" in a relatively straightforward fashion (and with the option to take all kinds of different paths), but fill it with optional missions, destroy Metal Sonic projectors, disrupt Eggman's activities, get some Chaos Emeralds, or just kiss some Flickies, whatever. Even play as stupid friend characters, if you really want. Of course, it might be horrible. But obviously, it caught my imagination. I would be interested!

Also, Amy in Sonic Adventure = Survival Horror!

P.P.A.
Now Playing: Flying Princess - Inter Breed -
Mount & Blade: Warband

Post by P.P.A. »

Chao in Dead Space!

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Don't joke about that. Chao in Dead Space would be terrifying. Don't you remember the babies?

gr4yJ4Y

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

cjmcray wrote: -MMORPG
I'm a little surprised this hasn't been attempted by the re-colorific fan base yet.

Crisis

Post by Crisis »

Honestly, I always thought Sonic was very well behaved in limiting spin-off material. At least compared to a certain other platforming mascot. But, damn, I hate to say it, I'd love to see a Sonic MMORPG, if only to distract me from the monotony of WoW. It's like Blizzard are systematically deconstructing everything I liked about the original game.