It's not easy being cheesy

Because death would've been too merciful.

So, do you like cheese?

Of course I like cheese, what the hell kind of retard-ass question is that?
79%
No, I do not like spoiled milk.
6%
I only eat east European goat's milk cheeses.
4%
Roquefort and nothing less.
2%
No, but I like processed cheese product like Velveeta and shit.
2%
I like to cut it.
8%

Total votes: 52

Green Gibbon!
BUTT CHEESE
Now Playing: Bit Trip Complete

It's not easy being cheesy

Post by Green Gibbon! »

It's more than a little bit amazing that in modern civilization we hold in such high regard a food product that is made by allowing milk to spoil with enzymes that live in the stomach lining of ruminant mammals. Maybe we should've jettisoned that tradition when we got rid of ancestor worship, but we didn't, and now the most critical food sources for modern man are cheese-stuffed crust pizzas and the 99¢ double cheeseburger on the McDonald's dollar menu. This, to be sure, is a topic worth putting thought into.

So, do you like cheese?

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

Only on pizza, really. I go out of my way to avoid it when I get salads and burgers and so forth.

Madamluna

Post by Madamluna »

Oh yes. Cheese pizza, cheeseburgers, cheesecake, cream cheese on bagels, cheese curds with poutine, parmesan cheese on Italian or salads, any kind of cheese you can imagine! I'm there. Put me down some provolone, gouda and smoked cheddar, please.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Usually. I used to like it on its own, but nowadays I prefer it merely as a compliment to something else.

Or on pizza. Extra cheese on pizza's always good, if not very healthy.

But yeah, cheese is great. It's fortified with what the world wants... what the world deserves!

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I have to be frank with you: I tought this poll was about the chao.
Oh, and I like cheese.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Re: It's not easy being cheesy

Post by Delphine »

Green Gibbon! wrote:It's more than a little bit amazing that in modern civilization we hold in such high regard a food product that is made by allowing milk to spoil with enzymes that live in the stomach lining of ruminant mammals.
The fuck are you talking about? Cheese is imported from the moon, where the cheese plant or <i>planticus cheesacus</i> grows. It is harvested once a month and divided among the countries of the world depending upon many factors, including how fat the people are and how many are French.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I still remember this really old cheese commercial.

'In 1969 man landed on the moon and realized it was made of rock and not cheese...

We haven't been back since.

Behold the power of cheese.'

That isn't verbatum, but you get the gist. Oh and I voted that I love cheese in all its glory, except cottage cheese. Oh and I hate American cheese, but that is because it ain't fucking cheese, oh and that powdered crap that comes with the Kraft Macaroni.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Kraft Singles, and other brands like it, are the scourge of dairy foods. When I take a bite into something and can immedeately tell that this is 100% processed and 0% natural, I lose my appetite. I don't want to be putting something in my system that tastes precisely like it was the end result of a mad scientist's chemistry experiment.

Other things with that pre-processed charm: Oscar Myer hot dogs and 7-Up (but if those ads are telling the truth, then it's no wonder other companies never dared to make an all-natural lemon-lime soda).
Last edited by FlashTHD on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Shadow Hog wrote:Usually. I used to like it on its own, but nowadays I prefer it merely as a compliment to something else.
Same here. I lost my taste for cheese for a good 5 years after coming across a particularly horrific slab of school cafeteria pizza. I've since overcome my fear of the stuff, but eating it raw just seems awkward to me now. Same deal with milk; unless it has a flavor of some sort, I won't touch it.

Also, I only eat American and mozzarella.

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

Well, I disagree about milk; I chug the stuff down by the gallon weekly. Skim, of course, although I don't mind other varieties that they offer at restaurants.

Unless the milk tastes like cheese. And it has before, at... I dunno, the local IHOP. It wasn't pleasant, but certainly not hazardous to my health. It just tasted freakin' weird.

And then there's the time that the milk smells bloody awful, but apparently tastes just fine. I refuse to touch it then. My family thinks I'm weird, since they can't smell it. Their call, I guess.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Ritz wrote:Same deal with milk; unless it has a flavor of some sort, I won't touch it.
Agreed, I can't stand the nasty aftertaste it leaves you if nothing is blended in. Nesquik powder is a regular purchase in this household. But what's wrong with eating cheese alone? Cheese sticks rule.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I was talking about the slabs of cheese that you use in sandwiches and the like; cheese sticks are the only exception. Not much of a difference, I know, but I just can't eat the stuff that way. See, cheese sticks are fine because they're meant to be eaten that way. Anything else is kinda like eating mayonnaise straight from the jar. Unless, of course, people actually do that, and it's only another one of my personal little hangups.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I hate cheese on everything but pizza and some sandwiches, as long as it's not overwhelming. Cheese is vile and revolting to me on an instinctual level. I hate the way it smells and the way it tastes. A strong whiff of cheese is actually capable of chasing away my appetite, and as such I dislike most Italian and Mexican-American food in general.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Kraft singles make me want to retch. And I hate retching.
I drink milk like a man possessed. 2% or bust.
Cottage cheese is terrible, but my dog loves it.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I love cheese. I can even it alone (though I prefer it on pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches). In fact, I just ate some cheese a couple of hours ago.

My love for cheese does not include Kraft cheese, though. That stuff is bullshit.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

I love cheese. Except that processed stuff they shove in with microwave burgers. Horrible.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

I drink like 2 gallons of (whole) milk a week. Yes, I like cheese. Except American. I don't know why; one day when I was about 5 I just stopped eating it and haven't had it since. Don't much care for bleu cheese either.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

"American" cheese isn't cheese. It's processed crap.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

Cheese is delicious in small amounts or mixed with something else. I like cheese on burgers, tacos, with nachos, on sandwhiches. There's an endless possibility with cheese. I even like the Kraft singles and macoroni powder stuff.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Cheese! I love cheese! Feta on my salads, omelette, and spaghetti. Cheddar on my hamburger. Mozzerella on my pizza and bratwurst. Parmesan also on my spaghetti and chicken. Heck, a whole variety of cheeses on my sub sandwhich.

However, I can't stand fake cheese like Velveeta and American. That crap is a disgrace to cheese.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

I love eating cheese except for that nacho cheese crap. why people like nacho cheese really puzzles me.

Senbei
Now Playing: Art school...

Post by Senbei »

I know it's a cliche, but I LOVE cheese and crackers.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Really? I've never been that big a fan of cheese and crackers. They always seemed to dry to me. I'll eat cheese alone or crackers alone, but that is one of the few combos involving cheese that I am not a huge fan of. However if that cheese is melted then things change... oh do they change.

FlashTHD
*sniff*

Post by FlashTHD »

Senbei wrote:Image
Holy shit, it's been too long since I saw that cartoon. Was the W&G movie any good?

Shadow Hog

Post by Shadow Hog »

It won an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.

That answer your question?

And if it doesn't, then from personal experience, it was awesome. Watch it ASAP.