Hedgehog Humour

Because death would've been too merciful.

Vote for the funniest scene

“Way to go, Knuckle-head!â€￾ – The post Sonic vs Knuckles scene [SA1]
14%
“Forget about Sonic – what about my dressâ€￾ – Amy mixes her priorities [Shuffle]
7%
“If I tell ya, will you marry me?â€￾ – Amy barters for love [SA2]
9%
“...You're not Sonicâ€￾ Amy mistakes Shadow for Sonic [SA2]
7%
Amy’s Sonic hallucination [Sonic Battle]
2%
“Your punch got not juice, fool!â€￾ - Emerl & Amy share a special parent/child moment
26%
“It's a secret, but my partner got trickedâ€￾ – Emerl keeps her word to Knuckles
5%
“This time there's no way outta marrying me!â€￾ Team Rose vs Team Sonic [Heroes]
2%
Charmy’s fear of heights [Heroes]
No votes
Blaze’s comments about Cream’s family and friends [Sonic Rush]
2%
Other [Post with choice]
26%

Total votes: 43

Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I think most of the attempts at humour in Sonic games fail miserably and none of the choices listed were particularly funny but if I had to pick something I‘d go with some of the attacks in Sonic the Fighters. In partuicular, the attack where you take one of Bean's bombs and shove it in his beak is pretty funny(at least the first few times).

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I think most of the humorous parts of the Sonic games come from something happening in the actual gameplay rather than in the story portions.

One of my favorites is when I would be losing in the Sonic 2 2-player mode and then find one of the switch position boxes and hit it.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Omni Hunter wrote:Hmmm, how about the way Knuckles tells Sonic to keep going in Sky Sanctuary?
No lines, but it was funny to see Knuckles get pissed off.
How exactly do you do that? I've seen it mentioned here numerous times but I've never actually been able to get it to work.

My vote goes to anything that happened in the last story of Shadow the Hedgehog. Not only was the immobilization of everyone except Shadow hilarious (due largely to the fact that it sucked so much), but if you watch carefully enough Shadow is seen performing the exact same hand gesture, shot from the exact same angle, at several different points in the dialogue between him and Black Doom.

Though I doubt many people here actually bothered getting that far.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Hybrid wrote:
Omni Hunter wrote:Hmmm, how about the way Knuckles tells Sonic to keep going in Sky Sanctuary?
No lines, but it was funny to see Knuckles get pissed off.
How exactly do you do that? I've seen it mentioned here numerous times but I've never actually been able to get it to work.
Just stand there and wait, pretty much.

Hybrid

Post by Hybrid »

Sounds like a plan.

masked_ferret

Post by masked_ferret »

Eggman's pre-Adventure sprites would be my vote as well. Especially in Sonic 2's Death Egg, where he can amazingly run just as fast as Sonic. It makes me think about what might've been if Eggman had been the main character...

I'll also admit to the guilty pleasure of making Tails kill himself in the early Sonics.

Forza Johnman

Post by Forza Johnman »

Well, I voted Other for the bit after the Egg Carrier transforms and Tails goes on how amazing it was and then the camera zooms out to include Sonic and he has his eyes half shut.

Made me laugh.

Frieza2000
Now Playing: the fool

Post by Frieza2000 »

Delphine wrote:Just stand there and wait, pretty much.
No, you had to stand an exact distance to Knuckles's right (not far), facing a certain direction (toward him I think, but I can't remember), and duck.

aso

Post by aso »

I'll admit that Sonic Battle was pretty funny at spots, particularly when it came to Amy's psychotic obsession with Sonic (including that oh-so-trippy battle between Rouge and Amy, Emerl, and hallucination-induced Sonic) and her 'adoption' of Emerl. She'd be more tolerable in the other Sonic games if she were more crazy.

Plorpus III

Post by Plorpus III »

I thought there were some parts in Sonic Riders that were kinda funny, but Battle gets my vote.

Radrappy
Now Playing: MvC3, Vanquish, Skies of Arcadia Legends

Post by Radrappy »

like what? I don't remember anything specific from riders. I did love whenever knuckles got angry though. Those shark teeth were crazy.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

His super/hyper transformation sprites, lol. Did they keep his fangs in the later games?

Also, I only just noticed it says "humour" instead of "humor." Considering big_smile's British, though, I guess it's not much of a surprise. Got me anyway.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

masked_ferret wrote:Eggman's pre-Adventure sprites would be my vote as well. Especially in Sonic 2's Death Egg, where he can amazingly run just as fast as Sonic. It makes me think about what might've been if Eggman had been the main character...

I'll also admit to the guilty pleasure of making Tails kill himself in the early Sonics.
Killing Tails in Sonic 2 was pure gold. And those parts about Tails being trashed when he follows Sonic...no wonder the only thing I hate about Sonic 2 are the special stages.