Hedgehog blues

Because death would've been too merciful.

Vote for the saddest scene

Chao massacre [Past scenes of Sonic Adventure]
14%
Gamma’s ending [Sonic Adventure]
55%
Maria’s death [various]
5%
Shadow’s ‘sacrifice’ [Sonic Adventure 2]
13%
Emrel’s sacrifice [Sonic Battle]
5%
Blaze’s farewell [Sonic Rush]
5%
Other [Post with choice]
2%

Total votes: 56

big_smile
Drano Master

Hedgehog blues

Post by big_smile »

Sonic might strive to live a care-free life without regrets, but that doesn’t stop him from encountering the emotional difficulties that are a standard part of life. Which event tugged hardest at your heart?
Last edited by big_smile on Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Definitely the Chao massacre. WHAT DID THEY EVER DO

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

I miss Maria...

...but any of those first three are pretty tragic. It was a toss-up.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

I thought the Chao massacre was hilarious, because that is the kind of person that I am, also the whole dramatic Shadow dying thing was lame cause I was pretty sure theyd bring him back. I voted for Gamma's ending even though it was kind of a happy ending in a way.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

I voted for Gamma's ending, even tough SA2's ending comes pretty close.

FlashTHD
*sniff*
Now Playing: Team Fortress 2

Post by FlashTHD »

Tough choice between Gamma/Chao/Emerl, but i'll give the nod to Gamma since there was always one thing in the Chao massacre and Emerl's death scenes that missed the mark. The Chao scene wasn't terribly tragic; in the end, they didn't all die out from that one event. Sonic's "Emerl lives on in the Emeralds" line made little sense and kind of spoiled the moment, along with Tails' generic speech. Gamma's ending was a little abrupt, but was the best of those choices because it got the point across without being dressed up in too much glamour for it's own good.

Maria's death has been played out too often and Blaze's goodbye will amount to nothing if she appears in Sonic Next, so those aren't very fair choices, but the series dodges sticky sentimentality most of the time, so I guess the pickings are slim.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

After the credits of every old school Sonic game that I beat without getting all the emeralds. That is the saddest scene of them all.

Too bad I already voted though.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

I vote "Shadow's Sacrifice" only because had he not come back that would have been the cheese. Gamma really didn't move me, the happy lil' bird flew away to happy flower land with it's buddies, Emerl evaporated himself, but Sonic pulled out that cheesy line about peace bringing Emerl back, The Chao massacre? I raised very few Chao that I actually enjoyed working on, the rest were a pain, besides they all came back also. I can say nothing about Blaze's farewell, but as it may be annulled in the near future I most likely don't care, but speaking of annulled choices; my choice is somewhat pointless Since Shad is alive and kicking.
And as far as Maria's death, It was never done in such a way that really moved me, now if it had actually shown the bullet passing through Maria and her falling down in front of Shadow's capsule as he stared on in horror unable to do anything, (a lot more like Spock 's death in the Wrath Of Khan) then it would take the cake.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

I voted for Blaze. She had no friends!

Popcorn
The Peanut Gallery

Post by Popcorn »

I meant to vote for E-102. But I didn't. God I suck.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

I voted for E-102, but none of these scenes really touched me. I cried the first few times my chao died, though.

Grant

Post by Grant »

FlashTHD wrote:The Chao scene wasn't terribly tragic; in the end, they didn't all die out from that one event.
Wooduck51 wrote:The Chao massacre? I raised very few Chao that I actually enjoyed working on, the rest were a pain, besides they all came back also.
But they were so innocent! Didn't their dead bodies with the "x" eyes do anything to you, ya heartless bastards?

And the echidnas plotted it, too, you know. They'd been contemplating taking the emeralds and it took a whole bunch of them to take out the innocent little chao creatures. Imagine in your head the scene, brother! A dozen or more big-knuckled bullies pounding on cutesy watery chaos. And the chaos probably cried, too.

Its TRAGIC.

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

I chose the sonic rush endng. I don't really care about blaze's parting but that corney song "raising me up" gets to me every time.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

Eh, none of those really effected me. I was more upset by the scene near the end of S3&K in which you leave Knuckles behind. And that was more like "Aw :(" than anything else.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

I have no problem with Gamma's ending since the little birdy inside was freed and actually contributed to a happy ending. Chaos being beaten to death, though? Little innocent chaos? Can't you hear their little voices crying out in vain for help in their little chao language?

"Aieeeeeeeeeewaahhhh!"

Then, silence. Chao bodies everywhere.

One Classy Bloke

Post by One Classy Bloke »

Those chao were killed? I always thought they got knocked over.

CM August

Post by CM August »

The Gamma death scene has sparked a bit of thought on my part. Most people believe that Gamma's consiousness was essentially the bird, but 'brainwashed' by Eggman's technology until it was finally freed in the end.

But recently I've toyed with the notion that Gamma's AI and the bird were completely seperate entities - it's just that the bird's feelings were so strong it affected Gamma's AI and gave it 'life', like how a lightning bolt brought Number 5 to life in Short Circuit. The bird was freed by Gamma's destruction, but that newly-created consiousness well and truly died.

If one looks at it that way, then Gamma's death becomes a hell of a lot more poignant.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

Yes, but Gamma had no purpose after he freed all the other birds. He made his purpose freeing birds, so he had to complete it; though yes I did feel a small pang of emotion when I saw his ending.

And by my earlier post I sound like a cold hearted bastard, I thought about it some more and remembered that when I first played SA2 it was tragic, but to many things have been rehashed from it so I had kinda become numb to them... SA2 should be a choice on the poll, the whole thing was misery.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Definitely Gamma's ending.

Tsuyoshi-kun
Now Playing: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Post by Tsuyoshi-kun »

I voted for E-102's ending. It actually made me sad, and I never get emotional when playing video games.

M.C.Dillinger
Now Playing: Persona 4 Golden/Megaman Maverick Hunter X/TF2
Location: Master Tails Doll comes from a place where such things are meaningless

Post by M.C.Dillinger »

Tsuyoshi-kun wrote:I voted for E-102's ending. It actually made me sad, and I never get emotional when playing video games.
For me it was Final Fantasy VII when Aerith dies.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

I was wondering when that would come up...

I have a friend who's a moderate FF fan, and so played both VII and VIII. He wasn't moved particularly when Aeris died, but he tells me he was moved to tears in FFVIII during the Squall and Rinoa in space scene.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

While we're on the subject, am I the only person here who thought the Propagators on the Ragnarok were, like, really scary? I waited a year or two before garnering the courage to get past that segment, and that was only because my mom was in the room.

The "Sorceress" thing during the Time Compression bit was pretty freaky, too.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Ritz wrote:I voted for E-102, but none of these scenes really touched me. I cried the first few times my chao died, though.
Really? The first time my chao died was when my friend told me all excited like that if you beat your chao he will die. So I beat mine for awhile until he died.

AERIS DIES?!

Oh, uhh,

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

The only game scene that has made me come remotely close to tearing up was Metal Gear Solid 3's ending. Because I'm a friggin patriot!