Hedgehog blues

Because death would've been too merciful.

Vote for the saddest scene

Chao massacre [Past scenes of Sonic Adventure]
14%
Gamma’s ending [Sonic Adventure]
55%
Maria’s death [various]
5%
Shadow’s ‘sacrifice’ [Sonic Adventure 2]
13%
Emrel’s sacrifice [Sonic Battle]
5%
Blaze’s farewell [Sonic Rush]
5%
Other [Post with choice]
2%

Total votes: 56

TailsMcCloud

Post by TailsMcCloud »

I bet is scrached. :sad:

Even one of his feedbacks said. "Carful all. This dude sells scrached game at 1 cent and clames there new."

aso

Post by aso »

Look here. There's an entire listing of them.

Some of them are for surprisingly reasonable prices. Most of them don't require PayPal. Look at all of them. Go bid. Now.

TailsMcCloud

Post by TailsMcCloud »

Found one I might bid on.

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Ritz wrote:
Green Gibbon! wrote:What happened at the end of MGS3? All I remember is The Boss showing some cleavage and me sneaking around in a bunch of flowers.
Well, she falls over, starts talking about something, and then you shoot her. Sounds flaccid in text, but it was pretty powerful the first time through.
Ah, who cared about that part. It was about a bunch of stupid stuff. By last scene, I mean the very last scene, in the graveyard. That was good stuff. Although I thought the delivery of the narration was kind of weak and detracted from it slightly (especially on repeat viewings).

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Sorry for the stupid long post... and the broken english too

Post by Zarathustra »

I'm with CM, the separated minds of Gamma and the birdy/ flicky was that element that made the ending really sad (that, and Gamma's theme song). It was like if every badnik since minute zero in the Sonic franchise could be like Gamma... poor guys. I had some problems when I tried to start Gens and play any Sonic title without destroyin' any tragically-conceived badnik.
Amazing Grant wrote:Definitely the Chao massacre. WHAT DID THEY EVER DO
Being created.
Light Speed wrote:I thought the Chao massacre was hilarious, because that is the kind of person that I am, also the whole dramatic Shadow dying thing was lame cause I was pretty sure theyd bring him back. I voted for Gamma's ending even though it was kind of a happy ending in a way.
Totally right.
G.Silver wrote:I voted for Blaze. She had no friends!
Silv, please cry for me too. :cry:
Popcorn wrote:I meant to vote for E-102. But I didn't. God I suck.
... agreed :)
Delphine wrote:Eh, none of those really effected me. I was more upset by the scene near the end of S3&K in which you leave Knuckles behind. And that was more like "Aw :(" than anything else.
Now that one was really something, he pissed you off all the way through the game as it developed, and right out of the blue he discovers he was framed, he gets beaten up, and then he helps you without any second thoughs, only to fall exhausted and you can only leave him behind...
The same as with Gamma, really touching.

As with Aerith's death, I wasn't moved a bit, it almost looked fake and not-shocking as if you could guess what was going to happen next. The really shocking moments were when you saw Jenova's body without it's head and when Cloud reappeared in coma/ vegetative state due to the lifestream contamination... do we really need to use the spoiler thing? do anyone here not played FFVII yet, and thinks of playing it in the near future?
Ritz wrote:While we're on the subject, am I the only person here who thought the Propagators on the Ragnarok were, like, really scary?
No, I though that also when I first saw that tremendous shit the first time.
Ritz wrote:I waited a year or two before garnering the courage to get past that segment, and that was only because my mom was in the room.
... I almost know it's simply sarcasm, but wow, you're some scared whore.
G.Silver wrote:Klonoa's ending remains the saddest thing I have ever seen in a game.
Damn absolutely true.
Arcade wrote:Chao massacre was cool!!!
Fucking yeah. That's the Arcade I like.
Last edited by Zarathustra on Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlazeHedgehog

Post by BlazeHedgehog »

I voted Emerl. Gamma's was definitely sad, but I think Sonic Battle actually had stronger writing than Sonic Adventure. The way Emerl's death really bothered everybody, even Sonic, gave it a much greater impact on the scene.

I mean, I guess that kind of happened in SA2 when Shadow died, but Emerl's death was written much better. In SA2, everybodies like, "Shadow died. But hey, we're still alive! Let's go home." - almost like that episode of Seinfeld where George gets the news his wife dies, and the first words out of his mouth are, "You guys wanna go get some coffee?"

big_smile
Drano Master

Post by big_smile »

I voted for Gamma. The ticking clock in the actions stages caused much of Gamma’s game play to involve a frantic rush to continually prolong his (her?) life, which made his ending even more moving.

Maria’s death had the potential to be moving, but it was executed poorly. Many of the really saddening details (such as her illness) didn’t even come to light until the strategy guide was released.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

aso wrote:
TailsMcCloud wrote:
Ritz wrote:
TailsMcCloud wrote:Offtopic but Ritz, are you the real Ritz, you know, the one that made Sonic ARGH.
That was Rittz.
Sorry, forgot about the two "T"`s

I really want ot play the 1st, I can`t find it anywhere and I have no money in Pay-Pal to buy it Online.
Look here! Not only is it complete, but you can pay with a check or money order. So now you have no excuse, go bid on it!
I am currently the highest bidder. This is good; I've been meaning to play SH for a while now.

Shady

Post by Shady »

I voted for Shadow's death scene. It was the first (and supposed to be last) noble act of his entire life. It also officially cemented his status as the undisputed coolest Sonic character ever. Then they had to screw it up by bring him back to life.

Not that I mind him being alive, but I wish they wouldn't have given him the random amnesia complex (What is he Cloud?) and not explain how he was alive. That pissed me off.

I also agree with BlazeHedgehog. What the hell was up with after Shadow died? What, nobody cares that he just killed himself to save the world? Nobody? Nobody's got Shadow's back? Everyone would have been sad if Sonic died, but not Shadow. Kill! :evil:

But that's just me.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Shady wrote:Not that I mind him being alive, but I wish they wouldn't have given him the random amnesia complex (What is he Cloud?) and not explain how he was alive. That pissed me off.
Don't you know? Right before he died, he used the most powerful technique of the Chaos Emeralds: Chaos Deus Ex Machina.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

You mean the only technique of the Chaos Emeralds.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

jenkins wrote:You mean the only technique of the Chaos Emeralds.
Touché, my dear jenkins.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:I'd have to say that my saddest Sonic related moment was when Sega announced it was going 3rd party.

The time a friend of mine accedently deleted all of my save data in S&K3.

Otherwise, Gamma gets my vote.

Shadow's ending in SA2 would've been up there if he hadn't come back. No one seems to have the balls to kill off a major character and leave him/her for dead these days.
Yeah, Flash II got back from the grave in the whole DC infinite crisis stuff? or they keep him dead?