Worth a thousand words

Because death would've been too merciful.

Vote for your favourite item of Sonic box art

Poll ended at Mon May 29, 2006 8:27 am

Mega Drive games [Japan]
9%
Sonic the Hedgehog [Genesis, USA]
9%
Sonic the Hedgehog [Mega Drive, Europe]
9%
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [Mega Drive/Genesis, Europe/USA]
6%
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 [USA]
6%
Sonic Chaos [Europe]
No votes
Tails Adventure [International]
6%
Sonic Labyrinth [Europe/USA]
No votes
Sonic Drift 2 [International]
No votes
Sonic CD [PC, Japan]
41%
Sonic & Knuckles Collection [Japan]
9%
Sonic the Screensaver [Japan]
3%

Total votes: 32

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Like most people here, I voted for the Japanese Sonic CD box art as that choice was the first thing that came to my mind concerning 'excellent Sonic cover art'. It is one of the few covers on the Sonic games that actually have good art with a nice sense of composition without being all over the place like the other Japanese covers, and that it is like a motif.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I hadn't had it fresh in mind when voting, but I'd have to agree with the majority that the Japanese Sonic CD is easily the best. The first time I saw it, I stared at it for a good couple minutes or more. Which is a lot for me in this ADD world.

But I do also like the Sonic 2 cover, if only for nostalgic reasons (I can spell... really...). There's something about the ominous giant Robotnik head in the backround that captures something about the story. And for me the idea of them making a sequal at the time was rather amazing.

Arcade

Post by Arcade »

The japanese Sonic CD of course.

Wooduck51

Post by Wooduck51 »

S&K most definitely.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Here's something slightly on-topic. I love the Sonic & Knuckles logo/box art like crazy. It's possibly one of my favorite logos ever. That said, I'd really like a wallpaper-sized version of the image (1280x1024) on a black background, like the way it appears on the game cover.

Basically, I would like <a href="http://img.sheezyart.com/art/medium/4/42674.jpg">this image</a> except in wallpaper size (1280x1024) and not shittily blown up. The Sonic Art Archive has a big version of the logo <a href="http://www.sonicresearch.org/art/art.ph ... e">here</a> but it doesn't have the yellow glow border and frankly looks bad on a black background. PLZ HELP!