No pain, no gain

Because death would've been too merciful.

Vote for your favourite unlockable

Super Sonic [Sonic 2/Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles]
19%
Hyper characters [Sonic 3 & Knuckles]
40%
Visual mode and D.A. garden [Sonic CD]
9%
Green Hill Zone 3D and Extra 2P Characters [Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic Adventure 2 Battle]
11%
Extra games [Sonic Mega Collection – Western version]
No votes
Extra games [Sonic Mega Collection – Japanese version/Sonic Mega Collection Plus]
2%
Game Gear games and Metal Sonic [Sonic Adventure DX]
6%
Super Hard Mode [Sonic Heroes]
No votes
Green Hill Zone and Journal extracts [Sonic Battle]
No votes
Artwork, music, movies, demos and extra games [Sonic Gems Collection – Western version]
2%
Artwork, music, movies, demos and extra games [Sonic Gems Collection – Japanese version]
2%
Super Hard Mode [Shadow the Hedgehog]
No votes
Extra Characters [Sonic Riders]
No votes
Other [post choice]
9%

Total votes: 47

The Doc
Now Playing: Guess Who?

Post by The Doc »

I enjoy playing the 3D Green Hill Zone every now and again (every time I turn the game on, in fact), but the one problem I see with it revolves around me--I've never gotten any higher than a B-Rank on it, and that B-Rank only came once; every other time, it's a C.

I blaze through the stage, 'C'. I collect all the rings I can as quickly as I can, 'C'. I bop every enemy I see, 'C'. I even tried collecting every ring, but I guess something stopped me from doing it (it was a long time ago).

I know I'm pathetic and everything, but fuck.

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

Hyper characters for me. By the time I got round to unlocking them, I'd been through the whole of 3 & Knuckles a good four or five times, so it was kinda theraputic to suddenly be able to completely lay waste to the levels and laugh in the face of 99% of the hazards.

Plus, you can't help but love Super Tails and his Flickies o' Doom.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

I think that was the main think I likes, alongside Super Knuckles.
I wish that more effort was made into making Super Knuckles look different though, like maybe making his quills look wilder.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

It wasn't until just a few months ago that I figured out that flying into a wall with Hyper Knuckles made the entire stage shake. That was hardcore. Did that go over anyone else's head, or am I just a special, special boy?

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

I can't speak for everyone, but it looks like I'm ahead of you for once.

Light Speed
Sexified

Post by Light Speed »

Nah, I didn't know that. I never bothered to get Hyper Knuckles until a few months ago though.

Zarathustra
Douche Banned
Location: The nuclear waste land... Argentina for those not in da Groove

Post by Zarathustra »

BlazeHedgehog wrote:It was glorious and perhaps one of he most memorable moments in the Sonic franchise, right along side Doomsday Zone.
When I first gathered all the Chaos Emeralds in S&K as Sonic, I was unaware of the extra stage. When I started hearing the BGM, I almost shitted my pants along with the heart attack it gave to me.

And continuous Hyper Sonic flashiness trained me for playing Rez in marathon and viewing the entire 37th episode of Pokémon. JAP CRAP!!