2005: Your pick

Because death would've been too merciful.

Which gaming console did you spend the most time with in 2005?

Nintendo GameCube
29%
Sony PlayStation2
25%
Microsoft Xbox
2%
Microsoft Xbox 360
No votes
Nintendo DS
31%
Sony PSP
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes: 51

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

PS2.

Massive chunks of my life... gone. All because of Guitar Hero.

jenkins

Post by jenkins »

Gameboy Advance and Gamecube.

GBA:
Sonic Advance Series
Kirby
Advance Wars 2
Pokemon Ruby and Leaf Green
Zelda LttP and Minish Cap

Gamecube:
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Kirby's Air Ride
SSBM!

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Until recently it would've been no question that the DS took the 2005 cake, but then Guitar Hero arrived on my doorstep, and the desire to master Bark at the Moon on extreme difficulty has definitely shifted my gaming attention to the PS2 as of late. However, I think that Sonic Rush, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania DS, Kirby DS, and others have taken an amount of time that Wander and the Colossus and Guitar Hero cannot equal. Yet.

DarkPrime

Post by DarkPrime »

Xbox.

Too many late nights playing CTF and Slayer in Halo 2 with friends.

In a close second is my Dreamcast.

Prophetic_Flame

Post by Prophetic_Flame »

Ngangbius wrote:
Nova wrote:try "Legend of mana", that game rocks,
Not really. =/
Not that you'll want to hear this from me but yes really. For an older game it was extremely well done...it sure held my attention for a while there.

Anyways that brings me almost to my point and the point of this poll. I myself am not much of an XBox fan so that rules that system out of the question for the moment, though I hold nothig to detrimental agaisnt it *cough* Halo *cough* (waits for flames do to Halo comment o.o; )

At any rate I would have to say that the console I spent the most time playing during 2005 was the Playstation2, as I myself am a die hard RPG fan, and most of the best of them, and in fact a large majority of the genre itself was carried on through playstation, which is of course no surprise.

Though in a close second to the PS2, I would have to say the dreamcast was my most played console of 05.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Not that you'll want to hear this from me but yes really. For an older game it was extremely well done...it sure held my attention for a while there.
To me personally after coming off of Secret of Mana and Final Fantasy Adventure/SD1(I have not played SD3 back then) I found it to be a disappointment despite the gourgeous art design of the game. I found the battles to be slow for my liking(no was I a fan of collecting gems to raise my experience) and I wasn't exactly fond of how multiplayer worked in this title. I think I also didn't like the magic system in the game but I forgot exactly why. I just stopped playing after a few hours into the game. *shrugs* It has been years since I've played the game though. Maybe if I ever got the chance to play it again, my opinion would change.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

Yeah, Legend of Mana wasn't really all that, except the art/music was fucking ace.

Nova

Post by Nova »

The magic system was really simple, you just buy magic instruments or make your own and equip them…not that hard.

Legend of mana was a great playstation game, you weren’t forced to use the golems or “petsâ€￾ if you didn’t want to. Besides, I’m sure you didn’t tried to do all the missions, that’s the real objective in the game…

Samface
Now Playing: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box, Enslaved

Post by Samface »

Gamecube, no problem. Resi 4 first and foremost, with Smash Bros., Donkey Konga, Timesplitters 2 and a surprising amount of X-Men Legends.

GBA and DS probably take equal second place, thanks to the efforts of Fire Emblem and Zoo Keeper respectively.

muke

Post by muke »

I would have to say my DS as well all because of two games; Mario Kart DS and Sonic Rush (despite the fact that I beat the game in its entirety (sp?) in about two weeks). A close second would be my PSP since I was almost always playing Lumines and Ac!d whenever I was "working" as a lifeguard this summer at the pool.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I did also spend quite a bit of time with my PS2, battling it out to get 100% in GT4 (so much time that the wheel that I bought with it practially pays for itself, oh, and I still not there yet), smashing things in Burnout 3/4, and, more recently, rolling things up in We Heart Katamari. The game that I least spent time with that I bought in '05 (in order to slim down the field) would have to be Shadow the Emo, because it was teh sux.

Protodude

Post by Protodude »

muke wrote:because it was teh sux.
Get out. Now.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

If you're talking about that hedgehog game, whatever.

If you're talking about the colossus game...

HOLD!!!

muke

Post by muke »

Yes, I'm talking about the hedgehog; the colossus game blows.

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Can someone edit that last post so we can flame Muke for the sake of it?

muke

Post by muke »

Please don't edit it; I can't handle being made fun of and I might cry

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

I'll let you edit it; we can have some more fun around here
Cheers for the co-operation mate, care to let me edit a full-stop on to that sentance?
Yes, I'm talking about the hedgehog; the colossus game blows.
What!? You heathen! First I thought it was bad enough that you liked Need For Sped a lot, but now this, do you have any tastes whatsoever? Do you listen to Linkin Park as well? Perhaps you also enjoy nothing more than a game of Grand Theft Auto? Wait, don't tell me, your favourite game's Mario is Missing? Correct?