Nintendo Revolution Controller: Good or bad?

Because death would've been too merciful.

MEGATON

Good
40%
Bad
21%
I just don't know
40%

Total votes: 63

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

Yeah, this is the kind of control that only works well with only a few games. Most games will work a lot better with a more classical console control, like the Mark III one^_-.
Only if they put a pause button on the console.

Speaking of which, did you ever manage to complete Alex the Kidd in Miracle World, Nova?

Nova

Post by Nova »

smiths32 wrote:
Yeah, this is the kind of control that only works well with only a few games. Most games will work a lot better with a more classical console control, like the Mark III one^_-.
Only if they put a pause button on the console.

Speaking of which, did you ever manage to complete Alex the Kidd in Miracle World, Nova?
I completed it almost two months ago.

Termine el juego hace casi dos meses.

SonicEXE

Post by SonicEXE »

I hope the "shell" comes with it.

j-man
All-Time Everything GHZ Award Winner
Now Playing: Sea of Friends

Post by j-man »

HIS NAME IS FUCKING NOT ALEX THE KIDD

smiths32

Post by smiths32 »

So it isn't, can't understand why I always thought that.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

You tell him J the Man.

Kishi

Post by Kishi »

I like to play Sonic Hedgehog.

muke

Post by muke »

That controller is terrible! Imagine playing a racing game with that or anything in which you would be forced to use the directionals! Also, what's with the ball being seperate, I'd rather have one controller in my hand instead of two! When I heard that the Revolution was going to have the ability to play EVERY NINTENDO GAME EVER but they didn't have a controller to handle it yet, I just knew the outcome was going to be bad. Let's hope that Sega agrees with me and breaks their Sonic ties with Nintendo and release all their normal platformers (READ: Sonic with no gimmicks like moing the controller up and down rapidly) and racing content on to the PS3 and 360 and leave the weird stuff for Nintendo to sort through!

BTW, Revolution Zelda I can already tell is going to be terrible, the remote shape will make the player feel disconnected with the game since it will feel more like watching TV than actually playing something!

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Wow, did you not read anything about the controller?

Esrever
Drano Master

Post by Esrever »

The new Zelda will definitely feel more like watching TV because the controller is shaped like a remote. And what if it was shaped like a golf club? It wouldn't matter how badass Link was on the screen, I'd just be thinking golf golf golf. You know how it is.

Crazy Penguin
Drano Master

Post by Crazy Penguin »

I suspect Nintendo will release a little sword shaped controller for the Zelda game.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

Then we could duel each other with our Zelda sword-controllers! It'd be righteous.

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Damn fucking right!

Nova

Post by Nova »

Segaholic2 wrote:Then we could duel each other with our Zelda sword-controllers! It'd be righteous.
OK, first they ruin the Gameboy, next they make a crappy controller for the Revolution, sorry Nintendo but I will buy a play3.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

...And that because?

Nova

Post by Nova »

Brazillian Cara wrote:...And that because?
Cause I think this revolucion control is the worst do mundo

muke

Post by muke »

Double-S- wrote:Wow, did you not read anything about the controller?
Actually, all I did was watch half of the video on IGN about it. Right after I wrote that response (sp?), I finally found some written information on it and how exactly it's supposed to work (especially w/Zelda), so now I can make a good judgement after writing that, and my judgement is this: In concept it is great for shooters and flight sims, OK for normal fighters, and decent for racers, but I still have some hesitation because too much can go wrong by depending mostly on sensors. I know that we have worked out all the kinks of sensors long ago, but by stuffing so many of them into a tiny package and then expecting each one to do numerous amounts of things, there is room for error. Also, I usually put my consoles under my TV since there would be too much risk of it falling off the top since I have a slanted back. At least I don't have a flat panel, which would mean that nothing at all could go on top unless it came with mounting brackets, meaning that the gamer would have to turn handyman and look for studs that aren't too far away from the top of the set, in other words, to think that everyone has space up there is impractical.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Nova wrote:
OK, first they ruin the Gameboy, next they make a crappy controller for the Revolution, sorry Nintendo but I will buy a play3.
Er, the DS is not a Gameboy. Nintendo mentioned that several times and that a true Gameboy successor is in the works. I wouldn't call it a crappy controller not just yet since I and you obviously didn't have any experience with it.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Ngangbius wrote:
Nova wrote:
Er, the DS is not a Gameboy. Nintendo mentioned that several times and that a true Gameboy successor is in the works. I wouldn't call it a crappy controller not just yet since I and you obviously didn't have any experience with it.
“Nintendo mentioned that several times and that a true Gameboy successor is in the worksâ€￾

They only said that because they want to keep fans happy, there isn’t enough room for two new portable consoles of the same company.

Ngangbius
Now Playing: Dragon Quest IX

Post by Ngangbius »

Didn't stop them from releasing Gameboy Micro and that seemed to be a success in Japan.

Nova

Post by Nova »

Ngangbius wrote:Didn't stop them from releasing Gameboy Micro and that seemed to be a success in Japan.
Gameboy Micro? is a even smaller GBA or what?

Double-S-
News Guy

Post by Double-S- »

Not as small as your brain.

Yeah, I went there.

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Double-S- wrote:Not as small as your brain.

Yeah, I went there.
Nova's brain is even smaller than The Brothers Tsui's azn penises.

Zing!

Majestic Joey

Post by Majestic Joey »

why won't nintendo just go online? imagine poke' mon online it would sell like millions of copies.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Fuck Pokemon, I want online Super Monkey Ball.