The preference that divides humanity in twain...

Because death would've been too merciful.

CATS OR DOGS?

Cats
60%
Dogs
40%

Total votes: 53

Grant

Post by Grant »

I dislike pets. They're annoying, time consuming and messy. Both cats and dogs shed hair in the weirdest places. And who's going to clean it? Certainly not they.

My family has harbored cats in the past. After strong lobbying from the cats, we reluctantly decided to let the cats go outdoors on a regular basis. And what did the stupid pussies do with this newfound freedom? They went ahead and died. A whole lot of good they were.

We've also been the home of dogs. St Bernard dogs, who are loud and hairy and slobber a lot. We've had two St Bernards and neither one has shown much intelligence, either. They'll bark like crazy when I come home, yet not lose a wink of sleep if a total stranger walks in. Not to mention both of the bitches were female, and when they'd inevitably go into heat, it would be like playing Frogger trying to avoid the puddles of blood they'd leave around the kitchen.

Adam Adamant

Post by Adam Adamant »

Dogs, I say. Cats are so completely evil. If they knew how to operate small arms we'd all be done for. Dogs may be annoying as hell and too useless to take themselves for a walk or anything. But a dog would never kill you.

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

You seem to have forgotten the many kinds of dogs raised specifically for the purpose of attacking humans. Not to mention the fact that these dogs are chosen because their breeds are so violently inclined to begin with.

Grant

Post by Grant »

Plus, there's those zombie dogs now, too. The real-life ones.

Not that I care. Pets more like pests lol

Adam Adamant

Post by Adam Adamant »

Segaholic2 wrote: many kinds of dogs raised specifically for the purpose of attacking humans
Well in my opinion this is more the fault of the people who raise the dogs than the dogs' themselves. Cats however, have no one telling them what to do, they're just genocidal maniacs from the off.

Proof:

plasticwingsband
ASSMAN

Post by plasticwingsband »

Cats for the win.

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »

If you need a gun and a dog for security reasons, then you must be worried about something!
Incorrect. If you need a gun and a dog for security issues then you obviously live in an insecure area. That doesn't make you insecure, as a person, necessarily. And look up some statistics. Having a gun in the house, even an unloaded one, can stop a criminal in his tracks and does every year.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench
Now Playing: DOVAHKIIN

Post by Delphine »

G.Silver wrote:If you need a gun and a dog for security reasons, then you must be worried about something!
*ahem*

It is better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.

/NRA

Omni Hunter
Omnizzy

Post by Omni Hunter »

Dogs, they dont scratch the furniture.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED
Location: http://zenixstudios.com/files/ 554SpaceIsThePlace.Mp3

Post by Baba O'Reily »

chriscaffee wrote:
If you need a gun and a dog for security reasons, then you must be worried about something!
Incorrect. If you need a gun and a dog for security issues then you obviously live in an insecure area. That doesn't make you insecure, as a person, necessarily. And look up some statistics. Having a gun in the house, even an unloaded one, can stop a criminal in his tracks and does every year.
Thank you, Chris.

Brazillian Cara
Now Playing: the waiting game.

Post by Brazillian Cara »

Omni Hunter wrote:Dogs, they dont scratch the furniture.
Yes, they do.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Dogs tend to eat things they're not supposed to. Like shoes, and couch cushions.

Locit
News Guy
Now Playing: Breath of Fire IV

Post by Locit »

Hairballs.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

Get short haired cats, then.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

Or cats with no hair at all! That would be great, right?

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

Delphine wrote:Dogs tend to eat things they're not supposed to. Like shoes, and couch cushions.
Cats tend to scratch things they aren't supposed to. Like faces.
And before you talk about dogs biting, they either grow out of that or they were crazy to begin with. I've seen 16 year old cats scratch people.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

And before you talk about dogs biting, they either grow out of that or they were crazy to begin with. I've seen 16 year old cats scratch people.
Scratching people is an individual quality in cats as much as biting people is in dogs. If you get scratched by a cat, it either isn't comfortable around people (or you, specifically) or you are probably doing something wrong to it (which would be another good reason for a dog to bite you). My family has owned lots of cats and dogs and we've never had a problem with any of them biting or scratching.

Locit
News Guy

Post by Locit »

A protozoan named Toxoplamsa gondii, commonly found in cat feces, has been implicated in some cases of schizophrenia.

Delphine
Horrid, Pmpous Wench

Post by Delphine »

That would explain a lot of my family drama.

Ritz
Shit Twizzler
Now Playing: Every PC Engine game

Post by Ritz »

Dogs, for reasons already specified.

gr4yJ4Y
Now Playing: Breath of the Wild (Switch), Resident Evil VII (PS4)

Post by gr4yJ4Y »

I perfer cats just because they're calmer and have a deeper personality. Dogs are harder to deal with and are rather shallow animals in comparison.

We once had to look after a friend of the family's dog while they were on vacation. We looked after him at our house. He tore up furniture and chewed up (human toys). And barked at every little thing.

But we once looked after another dog who just kinda wondered back and forth threw the house all day. My cat was terribled of him, but he was very calm. Just not too exciting.

Baba O'Reily
ABBA BANNED

Post by Baba O'Reily »

gr4yJ4Y wrote:I perfer cats just because they're calmer and have a deeper personality. Dogs are harder to deal with and are rather shallow animals in comparison.
When's the last story you heard on the news about a cat taking a bullet for the owner?

Segaholic2
Forum God
Now Playing: Your mom

Post by Segaholic2 »

I have never heard of a dog taking a bullet for its owner, and I doubt it happened but for the dog stupidly getting in the way.

G.Silver
Drano Master
Now Playing: Radiant Silvergun, Wario World

Post by G.Silver »

When's the last story you heard on the news about a cat taking a bullet for the owner?
Jesus Baba, is this all you ever think about? Do you want a pet or a "meat shield?"

chriscaffee

Post by chriscaffee »